Indicators with alerts/signal - page 724

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Miss:
Hi Mladen and Mr Tool, Can yo help me with this indicator? The signals are delayed. Can you fix it? I don't mind with the recalculating problem.osmadivergence_alerts.mq4osmadivergence_alerts.ex4

Miss

Each and every divergence finding indicator must delay. It has to have a confirmation for if a peak or a trough is formed and it can not be done on opened bar. Hence divergence is always a "historical" indicator : showing that divergence has happened some bars ago

Miss
Miss  

Mladen,

Thanks for your explanation. But is it possible?

Please......

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Miss:
Mladen,

Thanks for your explanation. But is it possible?

Please......

Miss

I haven't see any divergence indicator that would work like that

janpec1000
janpec1000  

Stocastic + Awesome Osiliator Alert indicator

Hey guys is it possible if someone could write alert indicator for Stocastic and Awesome Osciliator? I would really appretiate it and it works good. What would be needed is if AO indie is above 0 (positive) and Stocastic is OS (20 or lower) it sends alert. Its oposite for other signal. Having pop up window and sound would be great and also following alerts on all selected tfs checked in indicator.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
janpec1000:
Hey guys is it possible if someone could write alert indicator for Stocastic and Awesome Osciliator? I would really appretiate it and it works good. What would be needed is if AO indie is above 0 (positive) and Stocastic is OS (20 or lower) it sends alert. Its oposite for other signal. Having pop up window and sound would be great and also following alerts on all selected tfs checked in indicator.

janpec1000

There is quite a few indicators with alerts both for awesome oscillator as well as for stochastic at this same thread. Press the paperclip at this thread and there you will be able to find among the attachments what you need

zoroxzyad
zoroxzyad  

hi all i have a request today for this indicator3c_turbo_jrsx_wappliedprice.mq4 i want alerts and email alerts when it turns green or red i also want to ask if you think its repainting or not i am not sure if the signal appear on which candle if i can have dots for the candle that has the signal it will be great malden thank you for the effort you made for free you are the best ever

Robert
Robert  

Hi Miss...

Mladen's explanation is exactly how divergences work... They need clearly defined "peaks or troughs"...which requires them to be confirmed on (normally) two bars back.

However...you seem to have some interesting ideas you want to test with divergences...so here is what I have...

You CAN set the divergences to the current bar....BUT...you WILL get a number false positives...as the peaks and troughs continue to change with a new high or new low until they are finally confirmed.

While that being said...there may be some value in using this as a "heads up" of the real divergences to come...and then use that in conjunction with other indicators to get your final signal.

Here is how to set the divergences for the "current bar" on any divergence indicator...

It assumes you have the .mt4 source file to change the code.

Find the divergence drawing routines and find the "i+2" loops and change them to "i+1" (one bar back) or "i+0" (current bar)...and you will get your divergences shown on those bars...

Please see the attached example showing the multiple divergence lines on my Stoch Divergence indicator...set to Current Bar 0...

I am curious as to what your interest/strategy is...for why you want this method to see divergences...?

I hope this helps you,

Robert

samuelkanu
samuelkanu  
mladen:
samuelkanu Set the alertsOn parameter to true and it will work (additionally adjust the rest of the parameters that are alerts related). It works just as it should. See the example

Mladen why is it that that if i set the alarm to alert on current to true it does not trigger but if i set it to false it works?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
samuelkanu:
Mladen why is it that that if i set the alarm to alert on current to true it does not trigger but if i set it to false it works?

samuelkanu

That indicator should be rewritten )it uses 1 future bar in calculation, and that is probably the reason for that)

Miss
Miss  
cosmiclifeform:
Hi Miss...

Mladen's explanation is exactly how divergences work... They need clearly defined "peaks or troughs"...which requires them to be confirmed on (normally) two bars back.

However...you seem to have some interesting ideas you want to test with divergences...so here is what I have...

You CAN set the divergences to the current bar....BUT...you WILL get a number false positives...as the peaks and troughs continue to change with a new high or new low until they are finally confirmed.

While that being said...there may be some value in using this as a "heads up" of the real divergences to come...and then use that in conjunction with other indicators to get your final signal.

Here is how to set the divergences for the "current bar" on any divergence indicator...

It assumes you have the .mt4 source file to change the code.

Find the divergence drawing routines and find the "i+2" loops and change them to "i+1" (one bar back) or "i+0" (current bar)...and you will get your divergences shown on those bars...

Please see the attached example showing the multiple divergence lines on my Stoch Divergence indicator...set to Current Bar 0...

I am curious as to what your interest/strategy is...for why you want this method to see divergences...?

I hope this helps you,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Very well explained . But which part of the source file that I need to change ? Do you mean this one?void CalculateIndicator(int countedBars)

{

for(int i = Bars - countedBars; i >= 0; i--)

{

CalculateOsMA(i);

CatchBullishDivergence(i + 2);

CatchBearishDivergence(i + 2);

}

}

Attached here are osmadivergence_alerts.ex4osmadivergence_alerts.mq4