Volatility indicators for MT4 - page 4

Mladen, Your indi can help me trade with asian scalpers. You know once in a while unexpecting news during asian session happen which kill all your profits during long 5-6 months period. How do we make an EA from this indi when it cross redline (level3) it will disable auto trading in MT4 and send me message (sms, email)? Afterwards I will be able to take care of that manually.

Thanks!

Alex

mladen:
fareastol

Here you go Upper is daily wolatility (you still have to specify number of weeks of data you want, default is 12 which is roughly 3 moths) It also takes into account Sunday data too (if exists) Here is an example of a broker with existing Sunday data (upper is the daily volatility lower is the intraday volatility

PS: day 0 is Sunday (it is a metatrader way of counting week days)

A pleasant weekend to all

Hi Mladen,

How re you?Hope you re fine..I really appericiate ur works and of course ur generosity..You are an insipiring person thank you..Unfortunately i know nothing about coding and I need ur help about ur amazing indicator called forex-tsd volatility..Can u modified a version for H4 time frame i mean a range for scalpers..It may calculates 2 days of h4 bars' range or maybe 1 week of h4 bars' range..one of forex-tsd member' called mezarashii says that ''For example, you could expect that 68% of the time (over MANY samples) that the price would stay within the 1.0 Standard Deviation range (from Standard Deviation -1.0 to 1.0).'' You could expect that the price would stay within the 2.0 Standard Deviation range 95% of the time. I meant a range like this with such high reliability for scalpers..Hope i am clear enough..Sorry about my english..Thanx in advance..Have plenty of pips!

One more indicator for this thread. Don't know who the original author is but seems interesting

Files:
ysarfbav2.mq4  4 kb
ysar.png  98 kb

Hi All

How re you mladen ?I need a little modification about one of ur cool indicator which is volatility ratio...Can it alert sound when volatility ratio has reach a specific ratio that we can adjust?i mean a level for example 5.00..In your default settings those are 1 and 3...Thnx in advance..Have plenty of pips..

qualm01:
Hi All How re you mladen ?I need a little modification about one of ur cool indicator which is volatility ratio...Can it alert sound when volatility ratio has reach a specific ratio that we can adjust?i mean a level for example 5.00..In your default settings those are 1 and 3...Thnx in advance..Have plenty of pips..

qualm01

Here is a version with alerts added. You chose the level value and when that level is crossed up, you can get the usual kinds of alerts (message, sound, notifications, emails ...)

Mladen...I was always wondering if there is a way for an indicator to show exact location on the price chart where buy/sell is triggered...for example Gann high/low or slope color change or even zigzag...when I look at them they look good but when taking into account where exactly those indicator was triggered they might not look as good...same for the arrows etc....visual illusion, because some candles can be really big etc, etc, etc

Pava:
Mladen...I was always wondering if there is a way for an indicator to show exact location on the price chart where buy/sell is triggered...for example Gann high/low or slope color change or even zigzag...when I look at them they look good but when taking into account where exactly those indicator was triggered they might not look as good...same for the arrows etc....visual illusion, because some candles can be really big etc, etc, etc

It would need reverse engineering in the code it would not always be possible (when the final result depends on more intermediate variables the number of possible combinations/values can grow very fast - to the extent that it is impossible to determine the exact value)

So, the answer is that on some simpler ones it would be possible but not worth it (in my opinion) better to use closed bar confirmation (which is, for example, the only method that STAD people (Strategy Testing and Development Club) using - they never design a system on an opened bar) and that will avoid a question what is the entry price

Thanks...I understand now...so every signal of almost every indicator visually is somewhat............O'h...

STAD people in German would be THE "STUD people"...I think this name would be more appealing to the males participating...:)...just thinking...

Pava:
Thanks...I understand now...so every signal of almost every indicator visually is somewhat............O'h... STAD people in German would be THE "STUD people"...I think this name would be more appealing to the males participating...:)...just thinking...

Actually STAD club books were published by Omega Research (the tradestation people) years ago and they took a "no-nonsense" approach right from the beginning. I think that everybody that is trying to build own trading system should read those books (they can be found on the net) if not for other, for the fact that they were telling the good but also the bad of any trading system they were testing (100's of systems)

To cut it short : good reading for anybody who wants to trade

Thank you very much for the quick response mladen...ySarFBAv2.mq4 is itself can be used as a break out strategy i guess with on its own..Very nice indicator..I try to improve Jesse Livermore strategy which i readed a time ago with help of tick volume...Thank you for this great forum and to all members..Take care..Have plenty of pips

Reason: