Indicators with alerts/signal - page 377

Set the alertsOnCurrentparameter to false and it will alert only when the candle is closed

bobbsson:
Thanks Mladen, but alert before candle closing

mladen:
Nasim

Did you see this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241 ?

There is is explained almost everything about centered TMA (to the fact that what is called a TMAtrue is equal to linear weighted moving average - LWMA, compare them the way it is explained on that thread and you will see what I mean)

Dear mladen,

Thanks for the explanation of TMA. But I thought it would be helpful to detect the market not for entry or exit. I use different method to enter/exit trade. In my opinion tmatrue doesn't repaint like TMA (repainting version), it doesn't matter how many times it recalculate for current bar. So is it possible to change the tma slope indicator based on tmatrue? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Nasim

Nasim

That is exactly what I said too (even on that thread). Linear weighted moving average (LWMA) is not repainting. As far as "TMATrue" is concerned here is a comparison of "TMATrue" (dotted) and linear weighted moving average (you have it in built in moving averages - gray thick line here) They are exactly the same when LWMA period is set to "TMATrue" period +1.

Linear weighted moving average is one of the oldest ways of calculating some moving average and as is, it is indeed useful. What I am saying that there is no such thing as "TMATrue". Please read that thread I posted the link to, I think you will find it informative as far as the fuss about TMA is concerned. As far as a slope of linear weighted moving average any indicator showing the slope of moving averages which can set the LWMA as a moving average will do

regards

Mladen

fx47:
Dear mladen,

Thanks for the explanation of TMA. But I thought it would be helpful to detect the market not for entry or exit. I use different method to enter/exit trade. In my opinion tmatrue doesn't repaint like TMA (repainting version), it doesn't matter how many times it recalculate for current bar. So is it possible to change the tma slope indicator based on tmatrue? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Nasim
Files:
lwma.gif  22 kb

mladen:
Set the alertsOnCurrentparameter to false and it will alert only when the candle is closed

With alertsOnCurrent here so, for small frames well, for Н-1 - not so, make if probably, but anyway Maddlen, to you huge human thanks, excuse for bad English, with best regards

Files:

bobbsson

You now simply have to believe me : when alertsOnCurrent is set to true it checks if a cross happened between bars 0(current) and 1(first closed) which actually means that the current bar is the deciding. When it is set to false then it is checking bars 1 (first closed) and 2(second closed) which means that the first closed bar is the deciding one (which is what you are looking for). So set the alertsOnCurrent to false and it will alert on closed bar. It does not make any difference among time frames (all it is looking are bars regardless of the time frame they are at)

hope this helps

Mladen

bobbsson:
With alertsOnCurrent here so, for small frames well, for Н-1 - not so, make if probably, but anyway Maddlen, to you huge human thanks, excuse for bad English, with best regards

mladen:
bobbsson

You now simply have to believe me : when alertsOnCurrent is set to true it checks if a cross happened between bars 0(current) and 1(first closed) which actually means that the current bar is the deciding. When it is set to false then it is checking bars 1 (first closed) and 2(second closed) which means that the first closed bar is the deciding one (which is what you are looking for). So set the alertsOnCurrent to false and it will alert on closed bar. It does not make any difference among time frames (all it is looking are bars regardless of the time frame they are at)

hope this helps

Mladen

Thanks and once again thanks for competent explanations and the done work, I have understood...

Alert and paint bar request!

Dear mladen,

I was hoping that you could modify the TD-2 and TD-3 indicators to alert and paint the current bars when they aligned? As indicated by the arrows in the chart below?

Thanks for your consideration in this challenge.

PT

Files:
td-combo-1.gif  30 kb
td2.mq4  3 kb
td2.ex4  4 kb
td3.mq4  2 kb
td3.ex4  4 kb

How Reliable TD2?

Hi PT,

The TD2 indicator looks like a terrific filter. Almost too good to be true. Do you know if it repaints?

regards,

gcgman

It will repaint in lower TF...It's best used in the 4 hour tf and above.

How Reliable TD2

The source code contains "high...a sure sign of repainting.

Reason: