Requests & Ideas - page 123

averageiq

Yes, that is exactly that. While in the "zone" it is a still opened (subject to changes) bar of the higher time frames so your last confirmed signals is the one that you marked correctly

averageiq:
Thank you very much - that helps visually. One final question to reinforce the visual (as well as my understanding) ...

In the attached picture (same setup as before, but completion zones enabled)...

While the current "state" of the signal lurks in the zone, the DOWN signal marked with a check mark in chart is the last "confirmed" state of USD/CAD in Daily TF- Is that a fair understanding / assumption?

Thank you for taking the time to explain and providing the tools as well - You're a true mentor.

CSV Exporter

Dear mladen,

Attached is a CSV exporter indicator written by Hanover over at forexfactory where I have adjusted the settings to export daily data to Rapidminer. Would it be possible to add a "days back" feature so that it would be possible to automatically output yesterdays data or data from two days ago? In the code he has an example of how to set the output for -10 years but I could not figure out how it do it for one day.

Many thanks,

Alex

Alex

It has 2 parameters that it is using in exporting and it works strictly using those 2 parameters : FromDateTime and ThruDateTime. So if you set those parameters to desired dates and time it should work. You only have to take care of the date format. It is a "yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm" (so the month goes in front of the day). Attaching a 30 minute csv from today created by the indicator

hughesfleming:
Dear mladen,

Attached is a CSV exporter indicator written by Hanover over at forexfactory where I have adjusted the settings to export daily data to Rapidminer. Would it be possible to add a "days back" feature so that it would be possible to automatically output yesterdays data or data from two days ago? In the code he has an example of how to set the output for -10 years but I could not figure out how it do it for one day.

Many thanks,

Alex
Files:

alb Triangular MA

Hello Mr Tools!

Would it be possible for you to make a non repainting version of the attached indicator? It just facilitates visual backtesting by a lot!

Thank you very much for all!

Daniel

Daniel,

Please read this thread regarding triangular moving average, centered triangular moving average and the non-repainting of the centered triangular moving average : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

dakiki:
Hello Mr Tools!

Would it be possible for you to make a non repainting version of the attached indicator? It just facilitates visual backtesting by a lot!

Thank you very much for all!

Daniel

CSV exporter

Thanks mladen,

Alex

Alb Triangular MA

Hello Mladen and MrTools,

I read the thread and a lot of the FF thread by Mr AL. I find the TMATrue (non-repainting) as attached useful for visual backtesting.

I thought something similar could be done for the alb Triangular MA.

Daniel

Files:
tmatrue.mq4  6 kb

Daniel

"TmaTrue" is equal to linear weighted moving average (LWMA).

Please re-read the thread I posted the link to (especially this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241 ). There is no such thing as a non-repainting centered triangular moving average in the way some people understand it. When the right side of triangular moving average calculation is eliminated (as it is done in that "TmaTrue") all you get is LWMA

Hope this helps

regards

Mladen

dakiki:
Hello Mladen and MrTools,

I read the thread and a lot of the FF thread by Mr AL. I find the TMATrue (non-repainting) as attached useful for visual backtesting.

I thought something similar could be done for the alb Triangular MA.

Daniel

CSV Import

Sorry to bother you with this mladen,

Attached is a csv file with five fields, Predicted Low, Predicted High, id, Predicted Range, Predicted Pivot which is written to the experts files directory. Would it be possible to create an indicator that imported the second to last row and drew three horizontal lines? The last line is using current daily data which is incomplete. The only fields that are important are high and low.

regards,

Alex

hughesfleming

First this one : is you set the AutomaticYesterday to true, it will automatically set the starting and ending time to fit yesterday. If set to false, it works exactly the same as before.

Reason: