Indicators with alerts/signal - page 349

nlenz
nlenz  
phil yutzy:
Can anyone tell me what program to use to open these indicators.

I've tried several with no success..

thanks

They require Metatrader4 which you get for free when opening an account with a forex broker.

You usually can open either a demo account with virtual money for free and for a limited period

or a live account where you deposit money.

If you are new to forex it's best to start with a demo account, where you get the same data and

charts as the live account, you can view real time charts with the same indicators, or try your hand

at paper trading without risking a cent.

Also, some forex brokers offer other things to trade beside currency pairs, such as commodity futures,

indices like the S&P500 or dollar index, and even a few stocks.

To make the indicators work, place them in the programs->metatrader4 (broker)->experts->indicators folder

then restart the metatrader program if it wasn't already closed.

And finally go to the menu insert->indicators->Custom which will attach the indicator to the open chart

which is active.

Hope that helps.

Noam

ayan2030
ayan2030  

mladen, mrtools please can you add a pop up alert also with arrows on the chart window.

Like in the screenshot.

Here's the indicators with my tpl.

Thanks in advance!

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

2 problems :

The rsi is an executable. Bigger problem is SSA : as you know SSA recalculates and adding alerts on recalculating indicators is more or less impossible. The problem is that you will get it always on different places

I know that SSA looks nice, but please try avoid using it in a signaling mode. It can be used as an estimate, but trying to use it in signaling mode is leading into wrong (and dangerous) direction

clon_tron:
mladen, mrtools please can you add a pop up alert also with arrows on the chart window.

Like in the screenshot.

Here's the indicators with my tpl.

Thanks in advance!
ayan2030
ayan2030  
mladen:
2 problems :

The rsi is an executable. Bigger problem is SSA : as you know SSA recalculates and adding alerts on recalculating indicators is more or less impossible. The problem is that you will get it always on different places

I know that SSA looks nice, but please try avoid using it in a signaling mode. It can be used as an estimate, but trying to use it in signaling mode is leading into wrong (and dangerous) direction

Ok, thanks mladen! I understand.

But what can you offer to me. The best indicator to use with D_rsi ?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Can a question get more general than that?

Without joking, if you are asking me if I know of some system in which crosses of rsi with some other indicator are sued as signal, then the answer is that I do not know of such a usage of rsi. The only "other" indicator usually used with rsi is that signal line (moving average of the rsi). Of some other ones used in the way you are trying to do I really am not aware of

clon_tron:
Ok, thanks mladen! I understand. But what can you offer to me. The best indicator to use with D_rsi ?
ayan2030
ayan2030  
mladen:
Can a question get more general than that? Without joking, if you are asking me if I know of some system in which crosses of rsi with some other indicator are sued as signal, then the answer is that I do not know of such a usage of rsi. The only "other" indicator usually used with rsi is that signal line (moving average of the rsi). Of some other ones used in the way you are trying to do I really am not aware of

Thanks anyway mladen!

profittrader
profittrader  

Add PoP-Up Audible-Alert for indy!

Hi,

Disregard!

Thanks

Files:
pavaka
pavaka  

mladen:
Can a question get more general than that? Without joking, if you are asking me if I know of some system in which crosses of rsi with some other indicator are sued as signal, then the answer is that I do not know of such a usage of rsi. The only "other" indicator usually used with rsi is that signal line (moving average of the rsi). Of some other ones used in the way you are trying to do I really am not aware of

...it was difficult for me to comprehend that any signal from any indicator/system is only a suggestion and that after that suggestion, instead of jumping into a trade I have to "look in to the future" and think what conditions of the market will be, if that signal is indeed correct...and only then open a position accordingly...

...Speaking of whitch...Can D_RSI be programmed like the MACD pike indicator attached...showing 2nd, 3rd pike...preferably with numbers 2/3 on them instead of an arrows?...Can pike count also be done to a color stochastic?

ayan2030
ayan2030  

mladen can you please add an alert to this indicator

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Nice one

Here is 2 versions : one is adding alerts (it is cleaned up a bit in order to allow all history calculation and some more stuff) And since it is sometimes difficult to see on chart what is the current trend with that indicator (see this example : on some bars it is simply not possible to see what is the value of the trend :

decide to make a version that colors the bars according to the trend. I think it is easier to use it in this mode (much easier to spot visually trend changes). It also has alerts already in it

PS: to turn alerts on, set the alertsOn parameter to true. The rest of parameters are about what kind of alerts you want

clon_tron:
mladen can you please add an alert to this indicator