OffTrend indicator - page 3

kiwigold:
post 7 has an alert

Yes, but it does not work properly, I want to alert when the two lines cross and give the direction of the trend up or down, I have changed it and it is very close, but maybe someone could look at what I have done and correct it

I got the alert to "say" the right thing --

I am happy with it anyway -- so trust it is useful for someone

PS If you dont want the "Comment" which prints the info on your chart, simply add // at the beginning of those 2 lines.

Also -- we have noticed it does repaint -- I still like it -- the alert gets me to the computer when I need to be here mostly, which is what an alert is really for, but ALWAYS refresh for taking it as a signal. The alert does come before it paints anything -- painting follows IF the price continues.

From my observation a perfect indicator wont be found cause the price action is not perfect. So an alert simply allows me to walk away or look away from the computer knowing I will be "called back" if and when I need to be checking what is happening.

Thats what I use this for anyway - hope if helps someone else also.

kiwi,why at the top left corner, no matter up or down trend it stated buy signal?

kiwigold:
I got the alert to "say" the right thing --

I am happy with it anyway -- so trust it is useful for someone

PS If you dont want the "Comment" which prints the info on your chart, simply add // at the beginning of those 2 lines.

Also -- we have noticed it does repaint -- I still like it -- the alert gets me to the computer when I need to be here mostly, which is what an alert is really for, but ALWAYS refresh for taking it as a signal. The alert does come before it paints anything -- painting follows IF the price continues.

From my observation a perfect indicator wont be found cause the price action is not perfect. So an alert simply allows me to walk away or look away from the computer knowing I will be "called back" if and when I need to be checking what is happening.

Thats what I use this for anyway - hope if helps someone else also.

The alert seems to have a problem when val1 or val2 come up with a spurious number 2147483647

I think this is pretty close

increase:
The alert seems to have a problem when val1 or val2 come up with a spurious number 2147483647 I think this is pretty close

Thats why I did not use va1 or val2 -- maybe I uploaded the wrong one -- sorry.

I have caught this repainting quite a bit -- so take care

Finally kicked it off of my charts - one version shows it is a rewrite of Silver Trend -- Silver Trend seems better --

To make sure you dont get tripped up by repainted -- just refresh charts before taking signal. I do that by toggling between 2 Time Frames

Take care.

kiwigold:
Thats why I did not use va1 or val2 -- maybe I uploaded the wrong one -- sorry.

I have caught this repainting quite a bit -- so take care

Finally kicked it off of my charts - one version shows it is a rewrite of Silver Trend -- Silver Trend seems better --

To make sure you dont get tripped up by repainted -- just refresh charts before taking signal. I do that by toggling between 2 Time Frames

Take care.

So Forex offtrend has been converted from silver trend to show lines instead of arrows, is this correct?

because I am using the lines to follow trend, not arrows to predict future movement

so to use silver trend, which version of silver trend would you recommend then, I want one with lines not arrows and alert, could you upload it please?

increase:
So Forex offtrend has been converted from silver trend to show lines instead of arrows, is this correct?

because I am using the lines to follow trend, not arrows to predict future movement

so to use silver trend, which version of silver trend would you recommend then, I want one with lines not arrows and alert, could you upload it please?

Hi Increase -

In the coding of OffTrend -- right at the top it says "#property copyright "SilverTrend rewritten by CrazyChart"

This is the version of Silver Trend I have - I made it into dots -- but easy to put back to arrows --

Simply change the following:

SetIndexArrow(0,159);

SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_ARROW);

SetIndexArrow(1,159);

to

SetIndexArrow(0,233);

SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_ARROW);

SetIndexArrow(1,234);

I like Silver Trend -- I use Trigger Lines to confirm.

Hope this helps

mmm sorry -- I scanned your comment in a hurry -- you wanted one with lines -- sorry dont have that -- just dots/arrows.

its good to use, with other indicators..using on multiple time frames will help too..being able to see smaller frames go flat or raise and such to help get a better entry...i observe it as a breakout type of indicator...:)..works great with my trading method, but might not work with yours..

increase:
The alert seems to have a problem when val1 or val2 come up with a spurious number 2147483647 I think this is pretty close

Wahoo, I think I got it, the sound alert happening at the cross

automatedtrader:
i showed a few people during todays session how to use this indicator... heres an off the chart version..its renamed but same indicator...when you learn it you will see how it can work

could you give me more info about it?

Reason: