Indicators with alerts/signal - page 1349

NOW:
Thanks a lot for your time mladen. There are no error msg in my journal tab. The EA loads successfully (Journal shows). I have checked all auto trading tick boxes both options (Tools-->Options) and the EA input. The EA does not take any trade. Is it because I am attaching it to an offline chart and not a standard time frame chart?

If the offline chart generator is working correctly there should be no problem

But if it does not work OK (if it is not sending proper events to the offline chart) then the EA will only sit on the offline chart and do nothing. So most probable cause is the offline generating data tool or, if the symbol name is not a standard symbol name, it can be a problem in the EA itself

mladen:

If the offline chart generator is working correctly there should be no problem

But if it does not work OK (if it is not sending proper events to the offline chart) then the EA will only sit on the offline chart and do nothing. So most probable cause is the offline generating data tool or, if the symbol name is not a standard symbol name, it can be a problem in the EA itself

Please find attached the offline chart generator (downloaded from mql5.com), as far as I have seen in the last 3 weeks, it works fine. I have tested the MACD EA on standard time frame and strategy tester. It works just fine. Not sure if the problem is me. The symbol name is standard, no suffix or prefix.

NOW:
Please find attached the offline chart generator (downloaded from mql5.com), as far as I have seen in the last 3 weeks, it works fine. I have tested the MACD EA on standard time frame and strategy tester. It works just fine. Not sure if the problem is me. The symbol name is standard, no suffix or prefix.

The problem is with the renko live chart ea

It does not send necessary events to make the ea attached to the renko chart work. It should be like this : renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_14.mq4

I shall give it a try right away and come back to you. Thanks a million for your time.

The MACD EA is now working. I can not thank you enough.

mladen:

It does not send necessary events to make the ea attached to the renko chart work. It should be like this : renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_14.mq4

mladen:

mladen,

I have just noticed that when I add the Renko chart EA to an asset, the text that appears on the top left hand corner keeps on and off. Would this be an issue?

Files:

NOW:

mladen,

I have just noticed that when I add the Renko chart EA to an asset, the text that appears on the top left hand corner keeps on and off. Would this be an issue?

Try it out now : renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_14_1.mq4

mladen:

Try it out now : renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_14_1.mq4

It is now static. Thanks again mladen. If there were an account where you could have saved all the thanks and good wishes that you receive from all the unknown people around the globe, you would have had one of the biggest account holder.

mladen:

Dearest MLADEN

so much thanks for updating renko,it really needs your kind attention,version 4.13 was about 2 year old.

can you put some light on few points regarding renko......... can we change ( #define RENKO_VERSION "v4.13" ) to "v4.14" for to remove confusion that we are using new ver 4.14,not 4.13.

secondly what it means renko box offset in property setting,what does it do and how.

can we use 1 renko EA for multiple offline charts (of course same pair and box size) for experimenting different EAs on same currency pair.

regards

Reason: