Renko or Range bars - EA's

Does anyone know of an adjustable EA that is specifically designed for the range bars or RenkoRange bar charts?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Does anyone know of an adjustable EA that is specifically designed for the range bars or RenkoRange bar charts?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Almost all EAs should work on renko or range bars (or any other offline chart)

The changes in EAs are usually minimal (if any) and it mostly depends on the implementation of the range or renko generating sofware rather than on an EA (if that software does not generate events that will let the EA run its start() routine, then no EA at all will work with such an offline chart)

PS; attaching a very simple EA that can be used if renko or range generation software works OK.

If when you attach it to the offline chart it show local time in the upper left corner, then the offline chart generation software is working OK. If you do not see the time there, the software is not OK and no EA will work on such an offline chart

Files:
_test_1.mq4  1 kb

Is there an indicator that plots Medium Renko boxes on time based charts? Like this one for regular Renko. Thank you.

Files:
renko_shade.png  12 kb

Running an EA on Renko (Offline) Chart

hello everyone !

ok , yesterday i created a simple EA (if 2 candles close above X MA then bla bla bla)

anyway , the EA is not working on RenkoCharts and it does not take any trades

anyone has ideas ?

NOTE : when i code an indicator , it works and show the signals , but for EAs , it never works

i use this EA to make Renko charts work Live on charts

renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_13.mq4

after attaching , go to "open offline" , Active your chart , thats it

any solutions so far

Tarwada:
hello everyone !

ok , yesterday i created a simple EA (if 2 candles close above X MA then bla bla bla)

anyone has ideas ?

NOTE : when i code an indicator , it works and show the signals , but for EAs , it never works

any solutions so far

What error do you get?

Tarwada:
hello everyone !

anyone has ideas ?

any solutions so far

As whisperer asked toy : what error(s) messages do you get in experts or journals tab of terminal?

The work of an EA on a renko that works depends on the EA (and how it handles exceptions) not on the renko

Is usually is a problem in the EA with bid and ask prices when used on renko

mladen:
As whisperer asked toy : what error(s) messages do you get in experts or journals tab of terminal? The work of an EA on a renko that works depends on the EA (and how it handles exceptions) not on the renko

i don't get any errors , the ea is just not working or taking any trades

Tarwada:
i don't get any errors , the ea is just not working or taking any trades

If we have just the renko part how can we guess why the ea is not trading on that renko charts?

If you can post the EA, please post it so that it can be tested and, eventually, found out what is wrong. Without the EA all are wild guesses and there is no way to "diagnose" something we never ever had a chance to see

all the best

Any news about that EA?

Reason: