Requests & Ideas - page 200

Hello everybody again!

I'm looking for a renko strategy in online. I mean...I've tried a lot of indicators, but all with offline. I'm aware that someone has a special communication (or something like that..) to get this.

I'm wondering also what it's the difference between online and offline:

1. The real data it's the same?

2. At same time?

3. I can send buy/sell orders to a market?

4. To try the strategy in tester, it's like the online strategy?

I'm pretty sure that this topic it's also requested in other thread. Can anyone send me the link (I tried to search but it was impossible to get all answers!).

Thank you in advance!

Hermo:
Hello everybody again!

I'm looking for a renko strategy in online. I mean...I've tried a lot of indicators, but all with offline. I'm aware that someone has a special communication (or something like that..) to get this.

I'm wondering also what it's the difference between online and offline:

1. The real data it's the same?

2. At same time?

3. I can send buy/sell orders to a market?

4. To try the strategy in tester, it's like the online strategy?

I'm pretty sure that this topic it's also requested in other thread. Can anyone send me the link (I tried to search but it was impossible to get all answers!).

Thank you in advance!

Hermo,

Some answers :

Offline charts depend 100% on the software that generated it (in this case I suppose you think about custom offline charts, not the standard time frames opened as offline charts) so always bear in mind that the primary is how the code that generates the offline chart works

1. If by "real data" you mean real prices they should be the same

2. Yes

1. Manually : Yes, the only thing you will not see are trading levels on such charts

2. from EA : it depends on the code generating offline chart if an EA will work on that chart or not

4. No, you can not use offline custom periods in strategy tester (metatrader allows only standard time frames to be tested)

mladen:
Hermo,

Some answers :

Offline charts depend 100% on the software that generated it (in this case I suppose you think about custom offline charts, not the standard time frames opened as offline charts) so always bear in mind that the primary is how the code that generates the offline chart works

1. If by "real data" you mean real prices they should be the same

2. Yes

1. Manually : Yes, the only thing you will not see are trading levels on such charts

2. from EA : it depends on the code generating offline chart if an EA will work on that chart or not

4. No, you can not use offline custom periods in strategy tester (metatrader allows only standard time frames to be tested)

Hello mladen,

thank you for the quick reply!

I appreciate it a lot!

Some other questions: you said to me about "so always bear in mind that the primary is how the code that generates the offline chart works". Does it means that you need a "master code" and "slave code", where master strategy (online chart) is the guide to slave strategy (offline chart)?

Where or how can I see it? Do you have an example? With Renko or Range data...

Other question: so...how can I test a renko strategy? or range strategy?

Thank you in avance!

Hermo:
Hello mladen,

thank you for the quick reply!

I appreciate it a lot!

Some other questions: you said to me about "so always bear in mind that the primary is how the code that generates the offline chart works". Does it means that you need a "master code" and "slave code", where master strategy (online chart) is the guide to slave strategy (offline chart)?

Where or how can I see it? Do you have an example? With Renko or Range data...

Other question: so...how can I test a renko strategy? or range strategy?

Thank you in avance!

Hermo

As of how a code that generates offline data works (and should work in order to allow EAs to work on offline charts generated) see this indicator : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page130 . You attach it to any "live" chart and open an offline chat which then can be used as any normal "live" chart

As of testing : as I said it is not possible to back-test custom offline time frames (data) in metatarder (even less in metatrader 5 since there offline chart do not exist any more)

mladen:
Hermo

As of how a code that generates offline data works (and should work in order to allow EAs to work on offline charts generated) see this indicator : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page130 . You attach it to any "live" chart and open an offline chat which then can be used as any normal "live" chart

As of testing : as I said it is not possible to back-test custom offline time frames (data) in metatarder (even less in metatrader 5 since there offline chart do not exist any more)

Thank you mladen!

I'll try it!

Hi Mladen,

Is there a possibility to reflect (1) on the chart, and (2) in the form of a histo tape in a seperate window, when Blau TVI with two different settings meet the criteria? Please advice.

Thanks!

Files:

rayphua:
Hi Mladen,

Is there a possibility to reflect (1) on the chart, and (2) in the form of a histo tape in a seperate window, when Blau TVI with two different settings meet the criteria? Please advice.

Thanks!

rayphua

What does "reflect (1) on the chart" mean? Do you mean colored bars according to Blau ergodic tvi values?

mladen:
rayphua What does "reflect (1) on the chart" mean? Do you mean colored bars according to Blau ergodic tvi values?

Yes, either in the form of colored bars or a background color. For a cleaner look, perhaps colored bars. Say if one has crossed the signal line, we would have one color, if both crosses the signal line then another color, and if none crosses the signal line then a third color, etc.

rayphua:
Yes, either in the form of colored bars or a background color. For a cleaner look, perhaps colored bars. Say if one has crossed the signal line, we would have one color, if both crosses the signal line then another color, and if none crosses the signal line then a third color, etc.

rayphua

If you are referring to a case when two instances of Blau ergodic TVI with different settings would cross signal line at exactly the same time, those are very rare cases (settings need to be very, very similar in order to have reasonable number of crosses at the same bar)

Here is a version that colors the bars when both TVI values crosses signal line in the same direction instead

PS: used first pair of paramaters that came in mind. Experimenting with parameters highly recomended

mladen:
rayphua

If you are referring to a case when two instances of Blau ergodic TVI with different settings would cross signal line at exactly the same time, those are very rare cases (settings need to be very, very similar in order to have reasonable number of crosses at the same bar)

Here is a version that colors the bars when both TVI values crosses signal line in the same direction instead

PS: used first pair of paramaters that came in mind. Experimenting with parameters highly recomended

Thanks Mladen! Great indicator.

Is it possible to also have different timeframes for the two sets of parameters?

and

What about including histogram change as a filter?

Reason: