T101 basket trading system - math analysis - page 8

Which EA to use, and how to use it? Tutorial anybody?

Thanks for the reply IamTHAT,

When you say "preset provided" do you mean the template that was provided in the download? When you load that template onto a chart the EA initializes and says is active however, the usual smiley face is not present on chart and thus far no trades have been initiated (as of now 4.07pm GMT) even though we are in a strong "short basket" trade as I type this?

Further confirmation would be appreciated if possible.

Thanks again for your 2 cents.

wingate:

Further confirmation would be appreciated if possible.

Thanks again for your 2 cents.

I did not use the template. Just open the zip folder and copy the files to respective folders, expert to experts folder, preset file (bb_700_h4_8.set) to presets folder etc. While loading the EA just open the preset file and use it.

It has not traded for me too during the strong down trend I don't know why.

Thanks IamTHAT,

I have loaded the preset file and am now patiently waiting to see if the EA opens a trade, probably too late in the day now.

Thanks again.

f1trader:
Which EA to use, and how to use it? Tutorial anybody?

everything is in the thread....

As we are not all professionals and we do not know how to trade the T101 system properly, is there anybody out here who can trade it succesfully? If so, why not just do a managed accounts service?

Fine, I have attach EA 7.0 English, Preset..

Then I load preset bb_700_h4_8 .

Just waiting...

But, big question, is "stable" this EA for use with real account?

How is better use it ? "semi-manual" ( how? ).

Thanks

witsnpips:
everything is in the thread....

When I put the EA onto EURUSD chart, all I get is "ALLOW DLL IMPORT IN THE EA SETTINGS" Alert.

How to use this EA?

Hi, Echelon:

Thanks a lot! You are definitely right! I don't have CADJPY from IBFX feed.

However, one thing confusing me now is that for the Long basket, it should contain USDCHF, but not CADJPY. According to the pairs used by the EA, they are not fully balanced/hedged (per T101's original system, when you start both a 7 sell and a 7 buy positions (14 total), this is a basket that is fully hedged, for example, you have long AUDJPY, but you have short AUDUSD, so AUD exposure is zero; and this applies to any currency in the basket).

Maybe this is a typo, but it is hard to believe those russsian programming genius might make such mistake, so i'll look into why.

Have a good weekend, dude!

@IAMTHAT

Many thanks for your explanation and experiences on this EA!

echelon4x:
Hi charvo,

You may be getting an error because your demo doesn't cater for all pairs the EA wants to trade - check the experts tab to see if there are errors in there.

I've used the EA on FxPro, Alpari UK and GoMarkets demos successfully.

I've attached the version 7.0 of the system which should be easier to install as the single archive file contains everything you need.

charvo:

However, one thing confusing me now is that for the Long basket, it should contain USDCHF, but not CADJPY. According to the pairs used by the EA, they are not fully balanced/hedged (per T101's original system, when you start both a 7 sell and a 7 buy positions (14 total), this is a basket that is fully hedged, for example, you have long AUDJPY, but you have short AUDUSD, so AUD exposure is zero; and this applies to any currency in the basket).

@IAMTHAT

Many thanks for your explanation and experiences on this EA!

Orders were opened on only 8 pairs given on the EA screen and not all the pairs though indicator triggers we re based on all the pairs. I like this feature a lot. You know there can be problems with GBPCHF, EURGBP, USDCHF which can go against the basket. There is hardly any contribution of EURCHF. They have also left out USDJPY and CADJPY. Even USDJPY movement is suspect unless JPY is involved and CADJPY I am not sure. Since we can alter the basket we trade it is not an issue. Eight pairs selected looks perfect and saving on lot of margin.

Indicators given are excellent and we can even trade manually using them which I will try to do next week on IBFX ( with usdchf in them).

Reason: