T101 basket trading system - math analysis - page 11

jhp2025,

Yep totally "hands-off" running all week with no manual intervention.

I'm not sure what you mean about the custom indicator. Everything you need to run the EA is in the version 7 archive file I posted earlier.

AlbertoFx,

My *.set file is exactly the same as the one I posted earlier - however you must install the *.set file first and then the template afterwards as I have an override of the timeframe to change it from tf=240 to tf=60 in the template. In addition, I've now also set the parameter friday to false.

I'm running the EA on FxPro demo, however I've also checked it briefly on Alpari UK and GoMarkets and it seems fine on those too.

Thanks Echelon! but...

Please, can you verify my .set if match with you ?

And, If any wish, I proposal make an skype room for share this EA.

Anynody?

Thanks...

AlbertoFX:
Please share with us you .SET

Another question, which broker are you using ?

Thanks in advance.
Files:

echelon, thanks a lot for the updates, man!

My impression is that the EA somehow disable the normal way to set the parameters. so if you want to change from H4 to H1, how did you do it? The only way I can think of is to using a text editor to change the .set file's parameter of "TF". However, you seem to imply that you did that by editing the template file?

my guess is that if using the template file in your .rar, the EA is running an automatic mode, but not using the .set file that is in H4 timeframe. On the top of screen ">mode....." shows that the EA is running on H1 (I use the template from your .rar without any other adjustments).

I am trying to read through the english manual, here's what i guess the author saying:

1. attach the EA to a pair chart that is not in the basket (chart's tf doesn't matter);

2. almost everything on the chart is movable to trigger some subroutines like placing orders, set stoploss, activating trailing stops.

by the way, my Alpari UK demo produce 200 pips + upon market close trading 8 pairs (using default template from your .rar)

echelon4x:
jhp2025,

My *.set file is exactly the same as the one I posted earlier - however you must install the *.set file first and then the template afterwards as I have an override of the timeframe to change it from tf=240 to tf=60 in the template.

In addition, I've now also set the parameter friday to false.

Hi Guys,

I saved the template and set file just now and included them here.

Charvo,

The EA blocks your ability to change parameters when it's running because it's constantly updating (I've seen this happen with some other EA's too for example constant range bars or renko springs to mind).

If you try and change parameters normally now when the market is out of action, you should be able to do that no problem. If you want to change parameters when the EA is running then switch off the "Expert Advisors" button whilst you change the parms. Note that changing parameters whilst the EA is running could affect existing trades - i.e. because you've had to turn the EA off, then it may not be able to track the existing trades properly when you turn it back on again.

You can attach the EA to any chart regardless of whether it's in the basket or not. I use the GBP/USD 1H chart.

200 pips for the week is a big difference to my results - did you start the EA at the beginning of the week and has it been running constantly all week?

No, not the whole week, I only set it to automatic mode after reading your Thursday post saying your demo performance was great. I approximately let it auto-run since Friday morning U.S eastern, by noon, it entered a buy basket. this is the only basket, and the only 200 pips i've got this week. by default setting on H1 timeframe.

i feel the EA may perform better than 90% of regular folks who read T101 system and trade manually, hoho, maybe just a wrong feeling, but the conclusion is that i should just let it run the automatic mode.

echelon4x:
Hi Guys,

You can attach the EA to any chart regardless of whether it's in the basket or not. I use the GBP/USD 1H chart.

200 pips for the week is a big difference to my results - did you start the EA at the beginning of the week and has it been running constantly all week?

echelon4x:
jhp2025, I'm not sure what you mean about the custom indicator. Everything you need to run the EA is in the version 7 archive file I posted earlier.

Hi Echelon4x,

Perhaps that jhp2025 meant is that we merge the indicator into the EA, so we don't need to have additional indicator as EA has to call is by "icustom" function.

Hi jhp2025,

Is it true that this is what you meant?

Thanks a lot Echelon4x for your huge effort for this community.

Hi, Echelon:

I am supposing that you simply apply your template and let the MT4 run, right?

If so, you actually didn't use the .set file. and there is no way to check if the template's EA setting is same as the .set file.

I am running template without using the .set file.

Since Sunday open, 3 losses, each loss is about 700~800 pips.

echelon4x:

I saved the template and set file just now and included them here.

Now I have 10 posts I can finally post a link

You can monitor my progress here:

BasketBull System | Myfxbook

Hi Charvo,

If you double click on the *.tpl file you can specify what you want to view it in - select notepad and you can see the EA settings at the bottom of the template.

The echelon preset and template files I posted earlier should show identical settings because I saved them at the same time.

Today has been poor for BasketBull, my net profit so far now reduced to 12.21%.

I observed that if using a break-even function at say,150 pips or 200 pips floating profit, things might've turned out safer.

you can use steve's MPTM here to do this:

Multi-purpose trade management ea @ Forex Factory

echelon4x:
Hi Charvo, Today has been poor for BasketBull, my net profit so far now reduced to 12.21%.
Reason: