T101 basket trading system - math analysis - page 14

charvo:
yeah, definitely, i'll keep demoing for the coming few weeks too.

i found that the entries are pinpointed very well, very low risk. it is only the exiting could be a problem if we let it run on its own all the way.

i'll also add H4 demo next week.

I too found out yesterday that exit really suks with this EA. 350 pips profit was reduced to mere 30 pips. There is some problem with the trailing method used. There are four options but I feel better to go for dollar amt trail, say start with $150 and steps of $50.

Manual is best no doubt.

I have tried in the two TF and works best is 240, and if evil is the output that can be closed in negative, but always gets positive. 200 pips per trade minimum.

Yes IamTHAT, best close manual.

Yesterdey, 1007 pips, and closed in 650, very bad for exit

Yeah, THAT, similar here.

I also observed (in Automatic mode) that stoploss were adjusted to, say, 60$, when profit is 100$, then stoploss raised to 90$ when profit is 130$, so far so good, looks like a good trailing mechanism.

Then shit happens like, profit drop from 130$ to say 80$, and the previous stoploss of 90$ didn't work, but instead RE-ADJUSTED to a lower number say, 50$. ..... and on and on, and to an even lower number----profit is lost, NOT locked.

but this is DEFINITELY not an issue, we can anytime move T101's profitlocking to this EA. right now, just let's focus on demoing. it is worthy.

IamTHAT:
I too found out yesterday that exit really suks with this EA. 350 pips profit was reduced to mere 30 pips. There is some problem with the trailing method used. There are four options but I feel better to go for dollar amt trail, say start with $150 and steps of $50. Manual is best no doubt.

Trade Manager

Hey guys. I have just found this thread and I am trying to get caught up. I do want to add something that may help us close these trades with more profit - Forex Factory - View Single Post - Multi-purpose trade management ea

This EA will manage all of your trades or a specific trade by magic number. There are a lot of settings. One thing that may help here is the "Global Closure" feature. You can set it to close all trades when a certain dollar amount is hit or a percentage of your account. An example would be to use this trade manager to close all 101 trades when 5% of your account has been reached by profit.

EDIT: Sorry guys - I just read you covered this a few pages back.

So far on my demo account this has hit take "global take profit" of $300 twice and a third is close. This is with 0.1 lots.

today has made 1000 Pips , but in demo

Great results!

May I ask what time frame? Are you using he standard settings?

Yes, estandard, tf 240 and 3% sl.

Someone knows because not admits to 0.01 lots in real account?

Thread Hijacking!

This is my first post in this thread and it is a shame that it isn't in a positive tone.

While I am in favor of all the great information about Basket Bull and am actively watching Basket Bull on other sites I feel that it deserves its own thread instead if hijacking this thread. I would love to follow it here like I do on other forums.

To be frank, I miss the factual, theoretical and analytical background that Nopik has been providing.

Ever since the Basket Bull EA discussion arrived all intellectual thought went out the window. Everyone is now only concerned about the last profitable set files, brokers, etc and are ignoring the fact that this EA is truly an Alpha release although others claim it to be a beta release. Who, in their right mind, trades alpha software releases? Don't you even care about the theory behind the strategy?

I, myself, would like to see this thread returned to Nopik and the theory behind the system. Having done a lot of investigation and math on correlated pairs, I suspect that you are trading something very different than what Nopik has brought to our attention.

Nopik, please come back!

http://tiny.cc/EXIToption

there are quite a huge number of options, but assuming that this EA is winning money -- is the assumption correct most of the time