Requests & Ideas - page 51

JMA with iCustom inside the code

Hi Mladen,

can you make a version of the JMA that I can place on other indicators by simply modifying an iCustom function inside its code? So in the code fill in i.e. externIndiBuffer=iCustom(0,0,"",..,0,i); where I can plug in whatever indicator I have and then this would display the JMA-smoothed version of the indicator. (with JMA length & phase still external variables).

Robust Repeated Median Velocity Indicator

Hi Mladen,

Can you build an indicator that plots the Repeated Median Velocity as described here : https://id3410.securedata.net/meyersanalytics/publications/es5rmed2.pdf

Thanks!

Odysseus

Hello Mladen,

Is it possible for you to build a donchian channel please with the middle channel and of course the bells and whistles when the price penetrates the upper and lower bands.., if it can assist you.., here is the afl code that i found

// Plots a 20 period Donchian channel pds=20; DonchianUpper =HHV(Ref(H,-1),pds); DonchianLower = LLV(Ref(L,-1),pds); DonchianMiddle = (DonchianUpper+DonchianLower)/2; Plot(DonchianUpper,"DU",colorBlue,styleLine); Plot(DonchianMiddle,"DM",colorGreen,styleLine); Plot(DonchianLower,"DL",colorRed,styleLine);

paapi

Here you go :

Bells and whistles added. Mtf too. To see exactly when it will alert you set the ShowMiddle parameter to true : it will alert you when the color of the middle line changes (that corresponds to first penetration of the upper or lower band of the channel)

regards

Mladen

paapi:
Hello Mladen,

Is it possible for you to build a donchian channel please with the middle channel and of course the bells and whistles when the price penetrates the upper and lower bands.., if it can assist you.., here is the afl code that i found

// Plots a 20 period Donchian channel pds=20; DonchianUpper =HHV(Ref(H,-1),pds); DonchianLower = LLV(Ref(L,-1),pds); DonchianMiddle = (DonchianUpper+DonchianLower)/2; Plot(DonchianUpper,"DU",colorBlue,styleLine); Plot(DonchianMiddle,"DM",colorGreen,styleLine); Plot(DonchianLower,"DL",colorRed,styleLine);

Mladen....,

cannot help saying thanks a lot always you do something, which is always exceptional.., now i would say my chart is an Mladen chart, which has got only the indicators from the great coder.

Mladen..,

I don't know why.., but when i load it, donchian does not show any penetration at all, i mean was it set to open instead of close.., i remember somewhere you telling this.., please if you could see what has happened..

paapi

In Donchian channel there is no price penetration in the classical sense, but the high and low band are altered to new high when high penetrates high band or to new low when low penetrates low band. It can be detected even visually : if you see that the upper band changes direction to up or the lower band changes direction to down it means that the high or the low broke the level valid before. I chose to show only the first breaking of those levels (otherwise it would have much more of those since the cases when the price retraces but does not break the opposite level are very frequent)

That is what I was referring to when I told about penetration. And that is what a color change of the middle line shows. As of open and close : I am afraid I do not understand you : Donchian channel does not use either. It exclusively uses High and Low

PS: the only penetration we could make is the one of the median line. See (by visual testing) is that what you want, and if yes, then I can make it. Let me know

regards

Mladen

paapi:
Mladen.., I don't know why.., but when i load it, donchian does not show any penetration at all, i mean was it set to open instead of close.., i remember somewhere you telling this.., please if you could see what has happened..

Mladen,

Even though the one i'm attaching here is wrong.., i would like to test it (i think ur original version now is making more and more sense).., so please add a middle channel to the one i'm attaching now and add bells and whistles to it please. I got it from elite section where someone had posted a question to you.., so this seems slightly different and please give it a try.. thanks a lot.

paapi

Here you go What is done : added a shift for finding maximum and minimum (the high and low band of the channel) In the one you posted it is default 1 so now in this one it is set to default 1 too. Added the price to use for breakout - it is simply the price you want to check and compare to the upper and lower band for a breakout (default is set to close)

So now you can have 2 kinds of alert (controllable with alertsOnDirectionChangeand alertsOnBreakOutparameters) : when the "direction" changes or when the price breaks the upper or lower band for the first time

regards

Mladen

paapi:
Mladen, Even though the one i'm attaching here is wrong.., i would like to test it (i think ur original version now is making more and more sense).., so please add a middle channel to the one i'm attaching now and add bells and whistles to it please. I got it from elite section where someone had posted a question to you.., so this seems slightly different and please give it a try.. thanks a lot.
Files:

Mladen..,

You are just plainly too good a person to be true.., and i now feel ur own original version is very good ( the one in post #503) and i thank god for giving me the idea of asking you to create one out of nothing.

Reason: