Requests & Ideas - page 54

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

This is a faster Repeated median slope indicator

The calculation of the repeated median slope is made in C (attached the source along the dll too) and compiled to dll. Even though it is significantly faster than the mql version (it is visible even on a first glance) since it is still a N^2 complexity algorithm, introduced a bar limitation option that allows calculation of less than all bars (it might help on very long periods exploration). Found some notions that the N^2 problem was solved, but till I find a reliable algorithm itself please use the bars limitation for long calculation periods. Here is an example of a Repeated median slope 150 over 1000 bars
PS: the "reliable algorithm" is quite a serious remark in this case - just as an example I tried heap sort in this indicators C and literally all the implementations I have found failed to sort arrays in some cases properly (even the one from Cambridge University Press "Numeric recipes using C++" to my great surprise) so it seems that, very similar to mql, in other coding languages we have similar situation as far as correct and exact code is concerned
adeo
adeo  

Goertzel & Co. Part II

As to the later, I completely understand.

On the former (composite wave)...

Even though the composite wave may be non-sinusoidal (e.g., mutiple cycles combine to produce an irregular waveform) it is still periodic (is it not?). I thought Simba was looking for the amplitude and phase for use in other indicators or EAs. I figured this information would be useful in determining the timing of the Goertzel output (that is, a buffer queried for the phase or amplitude depending on the need).

For example, the trival case would specify one cycle (presumably the dominant one); then, the phase could then be used for time-related entries and/or the amplitude for level-related entries.

Depending on the cycles selected for the list, the composite wave may be of a form useful for entries and exits.

Is this applicable (not obsolete) or am I missing something?

If obsolete, what's the best way to use the output other than visually? I've used level comparisons in short, lookback arrays, but it seems much more direct using phase and/or amplitude.

edit: Or, stick the repeated median line (handy pro-gression since there's no 'bad' data) out there at a configurable (+) shift for configurable n bars

mladen:
adeo

I think that with extrapolation added (it was added after that request), the phase and the amplitude of the composite wave is rather obsolete.

As of mtf-ing the extrapolated part...

regards

Mladen
SIMBA
SIMBA  

Composite Phase

adeo:
As to the later, I completely understand.

On the former (composite wave)...

Even though the composite wave may be non-sinusoidal (e.g., mutiple cycles combine to produce an irregular waveform) it is still periodic (is it not?). I thought Simba was looking for the amplitude and phase for use in other indicators or EAs. I figured this information would be useful in determining the timing of the Goertzel output (that is, a buffer queried for the phase or amplitude depending on the need).

For example, the trival case would specify one cycle (presumably the dominant one); then, the phase could then be used for time-related entries and/or the amplitude for level-related entries.

Depending on the cycles selected for the list, the composite wave may be of a form useful for entries and exits.

Is this applicable (not obsolete) or am I missing something?

If obsolete, what's the best way to use the output other than visually? I've used level comparisons in short, lookback arrays, but it seems much more direct using phase and/or amplitude.

edit: Or, stick the repeated median line (handy pro-gression since there's no 'bad' data) out there at a configurable (+) shift for configurable n bars

Adeo,

Regarding Goertzel amplitudes,I do not think they will be useful for trading,they shift every bar and they add noise.To use amplitudes,much better to look at SR and measured moves,IMO.

Regarding Goertzel composite wave Phase,I think it will be very important to have it,basically to test with an EA.I have found that,very often,the actual price turning point is not at 180 or 360 degrees of the composite wave,but due to phase translations,it tends to be located between 180-270 and 360-90 degrees...Of course this is just my observation,and I may be wrong,but having this number will allow us to test with an EA and define the area were most probably we can expect a turn or discard this idea.

S

san4x
san4x  

Dear mladen,

Whenever you have a chance, can you take a look at the attached pic. Would love to have markers on the chart when there's a buy/sell possible trade (MACD crosses over outside the bands). Could even consider adding another marker to exit once the MACD crosses back inside the bands again, but that is not really necessary.

I post this here coz I believe I got the indicator from Advanced, I know there are quite a few versions floating around, but I think the attached version is the correct one.

Cheers and kindly thanks,

Snow.

Files:
adeo
adeo  

Correlation, multi-pair

Hoping this Request is not too far afield...

Correlation indicator for multiple pairs, each pairing with its own timeframe.

Rudimentary approach would use eight different externs to specify the pairs of interest (say, extern1a=EURAUD;GBPCHF extern1b=M15 extern2a=AUDCAD;EURJPY extern2b=M30).

More general approach might use a long strings of up to 8 pairs where each long string is associated with a 'page' that specifies the list used to populate the 8 buffers (e.g.; extern_active_page=3 extern_page1pairs=EURAUDGBPCHF;AUDCADEURJPY;CHFJPYEURGBP;CHFJPEURAUD;CHFJPYEURCHF;CHFJPYEURCAD;CHFJPYGBPCHF;CHFJPYGBPAUD extern_page1tf=M15...other externs allow up to 8 pairs each and a timeframe.)

Initial use is to visualize correlation convergence and price action on the host chart (that is, the output values are distinct from and not related to the host chart or host timeframe).

Presumably, this would be an extension of the previous, excellent work present in Mladen's 'correlations.mq4'. I cannot see clear to whether Perason, Kendall and Spearman are all needed OR whether the correlations.dll is required; perhaps simple correlation and straight mql will suffice - I bet I know who would know...:)

paapi
paapi  

CFPlefttoright - regression lines

Hi,

I'm unable to see anything when loaded to MT4..just a blank window, suggestions please.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Snow

I think it was posted somewhere but I am not sure right now. Anyway posting it here and it has some additional things among others it can draw an arrow on chart when the macd line crosses over its bollinger bands (that would be the signal you are looking for. It is drawing arrows in 4 cases : 2 cases when the value steps outside the bollinger bands and 2 cases when the value retraces within the bands.

Try it out

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
Dear mladen,

Whenever you have a chance, can you take a look at the attached pic. Would love to have markers on the chart when there's a buy/sell possible trade (MACD crosses over outside the bands). Could even consider adding another marker to exit once the MACD crosses back inside the bands again, but that is not really necessary.

I post this here coz I believe I got the indicator from Advanced, I know there are quite a few versions floating around, but I think the attached version is the correct one.

Cheers and kindly thanks,

Snow.
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

adeo

Just checking : since the correlations indicator is already able to follow 8 symbols, is what you have in mind an addition of separate time frame for each symbol in the list of symbols?

Mladen

adeo:
Hoping this Request is not too far afield...

Correlation indicator for multiple pairs, each pairing with its own timeframe.

Rudimentary approach would use eight different externs to specify the pairs of interest (say, extern1a=EURAUD;GBPCHF extern1b=M15 extern2a=AUDCAD;EURJPY extern2b=M30).

More general approach might use a long strings of up to 8 pairs where each long string is associated with a 'page' that specifies the list used to populate the 8 buffers (e.g.; extern_active_page=3 extern_page1pairs=EURAUDGBPCHF;AUDCADEURJPY;CHFJPYEURGBP;CHFJPEURAUD;CHFJPYEURCHF;CHFJPYEURCAD;CHFJPYGBPCHF;CHFJPYGBPAUD extern_page1tf=M15...other externs allow up to 8 pairs each and a timeframe.)

Initial use is to visualize correlation convergence and price action on the host chart (that is, the output values are distinct from and not related to the host chart or host timeframe).

Presumably, this would be an extension of the previous, excellent work present in Mladen's 'correlations.mq4'. I cannot see clear to whether Perason, Kendall and Spearman are all needed OR whether the correlations.dll is required; perhaps simple correlation and straight mql will suffice - I bet I know who would know...:)
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
spotforex
spotforex  

Hi Mladen

Could you modify your indicator by eliminating the arrows that retrace back within the bands. I find that there is quite a bit of drawing and I'm more interested in the cross-overs beyond the bands.

As well, could you add the 'ForSymbol' input option too.

Thanks for your time!

-spotforex

mladen:
It is drawing arrows in 4 cases : 2 cases when the value steps outside the bollinger bands and 2 cases when the value retraces within the bands.

Try it out

regards

Mladen