Volatility Quality Index - page 59

mladen:
Try out this version - it should limit the number of orders opened on a current bar to 1. Make sure that the magic number is set to some value different than 0

Thank you so much Mladen! I will test it

mladen:
Try out this version - it should limit the number of orders opened on a current bar to 1. Make sure that the magic number is set to some value different than 0

Dear Mladen, i tried out this version and it still opens new orders on the same candle when TP is reached...A real account killer because it leaves you with an open trade right in the moment when the price turns against you.

On a long candle it can be very interesting that it opens more trades after profit is reached, but this only works well if there is an option to set a limit - lets say 2 or 3 - to the number of orders executed per bar. Having this set to "unlimited" is just crazy.

Mladen, can you please, please be so kind and fix this/add this option? Or can you tell me where and how to change the code so we can make something useable out of this EA? Thanks a lot, you are always very kind.

I have found that you changed this:

if((AddP()&&Add_Positions&&OP<=MaxOrders)||(OP==0&&!Add_Positions)){

to this:

if(AddP()) if ((Add_Positions&&OP<=MaxOrders)||(OP==0&&!Add_Positions)){

But I don´t know what it means

Gfuchs:
I have found that you changed this:

if((AddP()&&Add_Positions&&OP<=MaxOrders)||(OP==0&&!Add_Positions)){

to this:

if(AddP()) if ((Add_Positions&&OP<=MaxOrders)||(OP==0&&!Add_Positions)){

But I don´t know what it means

AddP() is a function that checks if a new order can be opened. Added closed orders check (it was checking only opened orders till now) to prevent opening an order when an order was opened and closed on the same bar. Try it out. In my tests it did not open multiple orders any more, but test it anyway

Mladen, thank you for your work.

I tried the latest version and still the same problem. It keeps opening more trades when TP is reached (on the same candle).

Gfuchs:
Mladen, thank you for your work. I tried the latest version and still the same problem. It keeps opening more trades when TP is reached (on the same candle).

Seems that I attached the wrong version to the post

This is the correct version. Try it out. I tested it with 5 pips TP and it works OK

mladen:
Seems that I attached the wrong version to the post This is the correct version. Try it out. I tested it with 5 pips TP and it works OK

Where can I find VQ.ex4

2013.10.23 14:09:30 Can not open file 'C: \ adm_demo \ Admiral Markets MetaTrader 4 \ experts \ indicators \ VQ.ex4'

gtudor:
Where can I find VQ.ex4 2013.10.23 14:09:30 Can not open file 'C: \ adm_demo \ Admiral Markets MetaTrader 4 \ experts \ indicators \ VQ.ex4'

gtudor

I used the one from the first post of this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mladen:
gtudor I used the one from the first post of this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thank very much !

From my personal opinion the "VQ.mq4" gives a lot of false signals.

But I found this "Volatility quality - zero line alrt.mq4" which seems to work better and I thought it may be worth a try to implement it into the EA. I don´t know where I have read it but it was said "any VQ" can be taken. Well, so I tried all weekend to make it running but without success.

The EA doesn´t give an error message but it seems to open trades whenever it feels like. Can someone of the experts be so kind to have a look at it? Would be really nice! I made changes to the code as shown in the screenshot. Did I forget something?

volatility_quality_expert_advisor_-zero_line_-_test-only.mq4

volatility_quality_-_zero_line_alrt.mq4

Reason: