Requests & Ideas - page 46

mrtools:
Hi Daffi, Added pivot filter, your ma filter, and an Rsi filter.

Gonna try it out as soon as market opens Thank you so much!

mrtools:
Hi T2g, Don't need to make another indicator, in your Ea change your call to Hma indicator like this iCustom(NULL,0,"Hma for Ea",hmaperiod,hmaprice,0,1) toiCustom(NULL,hmatf,"Hma for Ea",hmaperiod,hmaprice,0,1). Then add hmatf to external parameters, extern int hmatf = 1440 or whatever timeframe you choose then while testing you just have to open it up and change to whatever timeframe you choose.

hi mrtools.

thank you very much for your reply.

yes, I had tried it already. my EA works on 1M chart by using 1H "HMA for EA" indicator's value. I back tested my EA by visual mode and after finishing it I put 1H "HMA" indicator on chart but entry point was totally different.

so I just wanted to confirm 1H "HMA" and 1H "HMA for EA" are working same on 1M chart.

today is Sunday so I will check tomorrow how 1H "HMA" indicator works on 1M chart.

thanks.

Regards

t2g

this is what I wanted to make an EA.

its 1H HMA period=2 on 1minute chart.

I back tested by visual mode and it was not repainting even current bar.

that's why I thought it can be EA and I will be millionaire soon.

today I checked it on real time 1M chart and I noticed it is repainting for sure.

of course it is 1H time frame HMA so it repaints maximum 60 bars on 1M chart.

Oh my GOD......last week .I was so excited and now completely disappointed and totally exhausted....

Thanks a lot mladen and mrtools and Advanced Elite section.

it was very meaningful 1month for me.

I will keep going ahead step by step.

I wish happy trading to you too.

cheers !!

t2g

t2g:

I back tested by visual mode and it was not repainting even current bar

mtf doesn't work on visual mode back-test. One of the many flaws of MT4..

t2g

The way mtf is calculated and show is not what we call "repainting" : it is a normal behaviour of a mtf indicator and all the bars of a lower time frame that belong to higher time frame must be updated to reflect the value of the current higher time frame value.

Interpolation adds smoothness to last value of the previous bar and last value of a current bar (to avoid the "step like" look of mtf) but it still is a mtf and it still needs to update all the bars belonging to higher time frame bar

regards

Mladen

t2g:

this is what I wanted to make an EA.

I back tested by visual mode and it was not repainting even current bar.

that's why I thought it can be EA and I will be millionaire soon.

today I checked it on real time 1M chart and I noticed it is repainting for sure.

of course it is 1H time frame HMA so it repaints maximum 60 bars on 1M chart.

Oh my GOD......last week .I was so excited and now completely disappointed and totally exhausted....

Thanks a lot mladen and mrtools and Advanced Elite section.

it was very meaningful 1month for me.

I will keep going ahead step by step.

I wish happy trading to you too.

cheers !!

t2g

SIMBA:

...using the last ATR input,which may add even more noise to the data,due to its continuous variability bar to bar.

I think it will have the opposite effect: if you constantly adjust the bar size to the current volatility, and you take the bar size a bit larger than the hourly range (or whatever time frame you base yourself on: high-low), then it will reduce the number of bars on the chart. Just make sure that the "DRB" bar size is a bit larger than 1 times the range on the H1 chart or whatever time frame you pick as input. But that's not really the concept of the paper.

mrtools:
Nah ain't underground, still a work in progress

Sorry for my doubting post, think I got overexcited regarding the potential of nesting cycles! On an unrelated note, does fourier extrapolation of full SSA normalized repaint closed bars? To be more precise, does it change past numerical values once they are finished the current candle?

Best regards,

Zipfrog

P.S. Nevermind the question, only a few hours till the market opens now and I will check myself, just thought someone might know offhand.

P.S.S. Lol, The first setting in the indicator is SSA lag.....feel like a moron for asking that question...especially considering I was sober!

what is the index of this picture?

hi,

could u tell me what is the index and the parameters of this picture?

and i also hope you can send me the TPL.

i post the new thread for the first time, wish get you answer. thank u very much.

wisher

A couple of day ago I posted one more post that relates to the same subject : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general . It is an explanation how to get end-point values of a centered triangular moving average (more info about TMA you can find here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179608 )

regards

Mladen

wisher1224:

hi,

could u tell me what is the index and the parameters of this picture?

and i also hope you can send me the TPL.

i post the new thread for the first time, wish get you answer. thank u very much.

Reason: