Requests & Ideas - page 55

spotforex

Here you go

Added options to control break out arrows and retrace arrows (so each kind can be treated separately) and a choosable symbol. Decided to do one more thing : when the symbol is different than the chart symbol it will not show arrows(I did it in order to avoid some misunderstanding : those arrows on a 'foreign" symbol could be highly misleading) If you want to change that behavior, remove the "&& ForSymbol==Symbol()" part in line 270, but then be careful for reasons stated above

Here is an example of GBPUSD 1 hour bb macd on a USDCHF chart (as you can see, no arrows even though they are enabled from options)
regards

Mladen

spotforex:
Hi Mladen

Could you modify your indicator by eliminating the arrows that retrace back within the bands. I find that there is quite a bit of drawing and I'm more interested in the cross-overs beyond the bands.

As well, could you add the 'ForSymbol' input option too.

Thanks for your time!

-spotforex

hi mladen

mq5 version to mq4 version

timeframe

alerts

thanks

Files:

Interesting one _________________________

First I was guessing what the hell is it and then I found that it is a hull moving average with an error in it. By default hull moving average (when correctly calculated) is a LWMA(2.0*LWMA(Length/2)-LWMA(Length),Square root(Length)) and in the one you posted the inner 2 values are calculated as EMA and the outer is still a LWMA

Anyway, added an option UseWrongCalculationwhich enables you to have exactly the same value as the one made for metatrader 5 (here is the comparison of the 2 with same parameters when UseWrongCalculation is set to true)

PS: there is no reason whatsoever to limit the number of bars for these calculations so this one does not have that limitation. Alerts and mtf added

regards

Mladen

CrustallumKvs:
hi mladen

mq5 version to mq4 version

timeframe

alerts

thanks

mladen:
Interesting one

First I was guessing what the hell is it and then I found that it is a hull moving average with an error in it. By default hull moving average (when correctly calculated) is a LWMA(2.0*LWMA(Length/2)-LWMA(Length),Square root(Length)) and in the one you posted the inner 2 values are calculated as EMA and the outer is still a LWMA

Anyway, added an option UseWrongCalculationwhich enables you to have exactly the same value as the one made for metatrader 5 (here is the comparison of the 2 with same parameters when UseWrongCalculation is set to true)

PS: there is no reason whatsoever to limit the number of bars for these calculations so this one does not have that limitation. Alerts and mtf added

regards

Mladen

thanks mladen

Hi Mladen..,

What should i do to make an on-chart indicator to appear in a separate window. I mean coding wise.., what all should be changed. would it be same for all the indicators?

regards,

Paapi

Paapi

In general you should change just one line : find where it writes #property indicator_chart_window and change it to #property indicator_separate_window

You might run into problems if the indicator is using histogram on a main chart (colored bars, for example) - then it will not work the same way in the separate window because histogram in a separate window is zero based while in a main chart it is not. All the others should work OK

regards

Mladen

paapi:
Hi Mladen..,

What should i do to make an on-chart indicator to appear in a separate window. I mean coding wise.., what all should be changed. would it be same for all the indicators?

regards,

Paapi

Mladen..,

Thanks a lot.., i acted smart in one case and i had increased the buffer seeing one of your examples .., and i was just getting one line.., ha ha.., thanks this solved my problem.

regards,

paapi

Hi Mladen..,

Is it possible to bind the channels to a 0 line in the separate window.., for e.g., a cfb channel or the OMA channel. hope i'm clear enough for you to understand it .., if so.., what should be done.

regards,

paapi

ALB & phase accumulation bbMACD?

Hi Mladen, many thanks for your newest bbMACD indi with MTF and adjustable arrow visible and symbol settings, and I have one request:

existing period lengths are not bad, but could you optimize further by creating a Phase Accumulation variant and an Adaptive LookBack period variant?

That would be amazing! Thanks again!

Odysseus

Hi Mladen,

I know that you're pretty busy with projects way more important than this, but if you find 10 minutes of your precious time, could you please modify the Elliot oscillator - waves 1.01 posted here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page21

So it can have different color of the histogram (now only light blue) above/below zero.

I've tried myself without got it...

Your help will be really appreciated

Best Regards

brax64

Reason: