Requests & Ideas - page 40

This should be the basis for end-point Goertzel cycle indicator, but will do some more testing and checking and if all is OK then the Ep will be made

As far as I tested it, it is working as it should. It is rewritten now, and is suitable to calculate Gortzel cycles of anything (that was the first real goal - to make it flexible) Even though now it works on price, you can choose the price you want to use it for calculations. Also, BarToCalculatespecifies which is the starting bar to calculate cycles from : setting it to 0 will calculate on a current (open) bar, setting it to any number > 0 calculates it on closed bars (which one depends on the value entered) Form of showing periods (cycles) is changed (I hope it is more readable this way)

Files:

And this is the end-point version of Goertzel browser

This time posting it as is (did no make a dll yet) but rather the number of end-points calculated is controlled by CalculateEpBarsparameter. Since this is a pure mql code, do not use too big a value for end-point bars calculated since it is not a record-holder in speed this way. I decided to post it in this mode so that the ones that are expecting it the most first see what is the result of end-pointing Goertzel. At the picture, violet is the end-point Gortzel and dotted is the Goertzel for BarToCalculatebar (list of cycles is always display for that bar)

PS: in some cases amplitudes displayed in the list of cycles are modified to accommodate the available space. Pay attention to the "amplitude multiplier" note at the end of the cycles list in order to get correct amplitude values

Files:
screen_3.gif  70 kb
screen2.gif  73 kb

Hi, as the person making the initial request I would suggest to go with Simba's comments if he can agree with his team.

Simba

Something like this (the upper ones of course) ? :):)

But I can not believe that crodzilla did not find it. It is only one line (just a part of line that needs to be changed) Line that goes like this :
z = phase * (180.0/pi)/360.0;[/php]
has to be changed to this
[php]z = phase * pi/2.0;
Anyway, check this one if it is what you had in mind
Files:

Simba

Getting back to the Goertzel browser :

From the pictures you posted, I assume one thing : that the "wave reconstruction" function used is cosine and not sine as crodzilla used in his Goertzel browser. The assumption is that for phase of 343 degrees (so almost a 2*Pi) the value shown by Goertzel 103 is almost 1 and that can happen only if cosine is used

So did some simplification in the browser itself (since it really had an error in wave reconstruction, even the change I told in previous post did not solve the problem, in this one the code doing it is as simple as it gets, so very little room for error) and in this one you can choose (with UseCosineForWavesparameter) whether you want to use sine or cosine for waves "reconstruction". It seems that cosine is more suitable for the purpose, but it is just a first impression.

One question (in my mind) still stays as of how previous bars phases are reconstructed : by addition of (2*Pi/period steps) to current phase or by subtraction from it in cycles, so I added one more parameter : UseAdditionForSteps- if set to true, it will add steps to current phase, if set to false, it will subtract steps from current phase

In any case, this one will reconstruct waves correctly (no illogical values any more) Changed the display so it shows angles instead of radians (it is more understandable to people) The amplitudes in this one are left as they are (there is no assumption that the amplitude should vary between -1 and 1, and frankly, I like that idea) Here is an example of cosine based 10 waves combination and it is rather interesting (in this example probably the most interesting is that the zero cross in this example happens when the "movement" is almost finished, but that is an observation that needs to be checked and re-checked) and bellow is the "single" period example on 1 hour chart using cosine too for reconstruction

regards

Mladen

Files:
Reason: