Requests & Ideas - page 20

Of making CC,CCFp and CFP work on offline charts : I do not think it is possible

The reason is the way how a resulting average is calculated (will use the code from the one modified a few posts ago as an explanation)

double ma(string sym, int per, int Mode, int Price, int i)

{

double res = 0; int k = 1;

switch(Period())

{

case 1: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 5;

case 5: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 3;

case 15: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 2;

case 30: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 2;

case 60: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 4;

case 240: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 6;

case 1440: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 4;

case 10080: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 4;

case 43200: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i);

}

return(res);

}

What you have is in fact the following : it adds up moving averages of every time frame that is greater than or equal to current time frame. So it is not just one time frame (or data of an offline chart) that is calculated.

It could be eventually modified to include offline chart too but in offline charts the time frame itself is usually generated for the current symbol and sometimes the time frame is an unknown (range bars for example) and one could not pinpoint where the offline chart should start the calculation from (what time frame is a range bar? There is no way to tell it).

Also, all the symbols included in the calculation should have scripts generating the appropriate offline data active in order to have all the relevant data needed for calculation available

regards

Mladen

spotforex:
Greetings all,

Could someone kindly modify these cluster indicators so that they will work on offline charts. I would like to use them with range bar charts.

I also included the Complex_pairs1 file. Would you please check to see it if needs fixing in order to refresh.

Mladen,

I am not a programmer, but after looking at the code I suspected as much before I made my initial request. Thank you for your explanation and confirming my uncertainty of its conversion.

For thoughs who are unaware, range bar charts (RBC) minimize the role of time and focuses more on price. I currently trade 28 currency pairs. Each is set to 10- and 20-pip ranges and managing so many charts can be a times daunting. I am searching for tools which help summarize the data - perhaps an multi-currency RBC-based indicator, specifically trading strong against weak currencies. I am open to any of the membership's suggestions/discussion on how to better utilize this style of charting.

With Affection,

spotforex

EA and Broker selection

Dear All. Hello, Hai, Bonzour, Salam Semua, Rumbe Nandrie,

I just join advance elite section.

- I am still new and still learning, Hopefully forum er here can help if I am wrong.

I like to request something for our admin, It related to the topics, Last time I found that some EA good for this broker and other broker the EA is not running good. There is still broker allow hedging and we can buy /sell same currency like FXOPEN.

My suggestion can the EA we put in section of Broker eg. like this

EA by broker selection eg;

IBFX -

EA1 - was tested good and profitable

EA2

EA3

FXOPEN

EA2

EA3

EA4

Dukascopy

EA1

EA2

EA3 - tested good,

Thank you

Zalina

Hi zalinarashid,

The brokers section for elite is this one:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Almost every EA is coming with some preferable broker and it was a lot of discussions about it.

Check this thread to start about https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

iMax Heatmap

Greetings Programming Masters,

Could you kindly convert the RSI heatmap to an iMax heatmap. And please keep the inverse_strength option found in the RSI heatmap.

Also, would it also be possible to create a multi-currency version of the above iMax heatmap? I would like to determine a currency's direction by comparing seven currency pairs. If the inverse_strength option is available, can an alert be made if all the currency pairs are moving in the same direction?

Thank you for considering my request and I do greatly appreciate your time, effort and skill for creating the wonderful tools made available at forex-tsd.

-spotforex

Files:
imax.mq4  4 kb

spotforex

This will be a 2 part (2 posts) answer.

First of all, to disappoint you : converting iMax (actually the "Modified Optimum Elliptic Filter")

Heatmap needs levels in order to assign different colors. Since the Optimum Elliptic Filter is a sort of a moving average, it does not have neither known minimum nor maximum and thus it does not have any comparable levels. All that can be done is the "trend up", "trend down" determination. But then it becomes a simple case of a histogram. You do not need a heatmap for that.

Attaching you a histo version (compared to Optimum Elliptic Filter (theiMAX indicator you posted) as a comparison)
spotforex:
Greetings Programming Masters,

Could you kindly convert the RSI heatmap to an iMax heatmap. And please keep the inverse_strength option found in the RSI heatmap.

Also, would it also be possible to create a multi-currency version of the above iMax heatmap? I would like to determine a currency's direction by comparing seven currency pairs. If the inverse_strength option is available, can an alert be made if all the currency pairs are moving in the same direction?

Thank you for considering my request and I do greatly appreciate your time, effort and skill for creating the wonderful tools made available at forex-tsd.

-spotforex

continuation ...

continuing the previous post ...

Now, in order to try to do something (adjusting "Optimum Elliptic Filter" in any form to heat map) it occurred to me that maybe the indicator that was the "cause" for "Optimum Elliptic Filter" could be used for that (the "triple delay-line canceller" or "detrender") .

It too does not have a known maximum and minimum, but is an oscillator and with some normalizing it could be used in heat map. Well those were my thoughts

If you read the article, you will find a statement like this :
The detrend line, seen here in red, has been improved by smoothing with the modified optimum elliptic filter, with minimal lag. The smoothed detrended signal is smoothed again with the modified optimum elliptic filter, and can be seen in blue. Take a look — the crossings of the two indicator lines catch every major cyclic move.
And in some case it looks good indeed. In some cases it even seems as if the Crosses of the "Optimum Elliptic Filter" and "Detrender" are so close that it really is worth trying to do that. See this example :
But then one of John Ehlers properties shows up : he sometimes tends to rush and (I suppose unwillingly) he ignores warning signs that something might be wrong (he is an electronic engineer and I guess that his assumption that if one data set shows good result, the other will do so too, since they will behave in a similar manner) Well, it is not a case with "Detrender". Here is an example of a daily chart of the same symbol as above
I would not like to be responsible for someone taking a position based on that signal. So, I am attaching the "Deterender" indicator here (if you set the Smooth option to true it will be smoothed with Optimum Elliptic Filter otherwise you are going to get a "raw detrender" but it does not change this case significantly) but, as a conclusion, I DO NOT recommend this indicator to be used by anybody.

Might sound funny that I made the metatrader version of the indicator and I do not recommend it but it seems that this is one of the cases for which everything that John Ehlers tells must be weighted and weighted and then weighted again because with him you are never sure what are you going to get in the end. I did checked it, and rechecked it (compared it to tradestation (easy language version is in the article from the post above) and all those give same results ... And since the goal was to use "Optimum Elliptic Filter" in some form to be usable by "Heatmap" ... no "Optimum Elliptic Filter" version of heat map for now.

It ("Optimum Elliptic Filter") can be used in it's "moving average" form, it can be used as a smoother (even though there are a lot, lot better smoothers, so even that limits its eventual adoption in some oscillator in order to make it a "heatmap" like indicator) but as a part of "Detrender" it should not be used, neither in a raw nor in any eventual heatmap application

Files:

Statistical Tool

Hello

I am interested in a tool that would do the following:

Find the range (i.e., high-low) frequency distribution in any time-frame given the following input parameters for the analysis: start- and end-date, start- and end-time.

What I would like to determine is what size (range) candles occur and how often in, for example, a 1-minute chart, on a particular day, and during, for example, the London trading session.

Much thanks again for any assistance you can offer.

-spotforex

Hi mladen.

Is it possible to put a setting in the attached EA ( polyfit 1.59) that stops the EA from taking on additional trades when it has reached a certain amount of open trades.

Idealy the setting would be :

"stop trading when open orders = X"

Thanks for your help.

Files:

Hi Mladen :-)

Can you please make a mail option in this indicator? I would like it to send mail if a candle has broken and CLOSED a s/r.

Thanks in advance

Regards, halvard

Files:
Reason: