Elite indicators :) - page 1431

mladen:

Upgrade to the hold double exponential smoothing

Short description :

This version is upgraded to be new format compatible and some new options added.

PS: bare in mind that this indicator is always an "estimate" (which would, "translated" mean that it is always a sort of a forecast, and when you look back at the values (and it is not repainting) the forecast is not so bad at all)

Since Holt - Winters double exponential smoothing is used for explicit forecasting, this version is doing the forecasting part too.

The method used is the following

Holt's linear trend method

Holt (1957) extended simple exponential smoothing to allow forecasting of data with a trend. This method involves a forecast equation and two smoothing equations (one for the level and one for the trend):

As with any forecasting method, be advised that the forecasting part is a subject of changes (it will recalculate/repaint) and use it accordingly (by all means, no signals or alerts on that part)

mladen:
What exact settings are you using?

Hello

period = 20

smoothing = 0

version is 3.02

on a M5 charts 

fabiogeraci:

Hello

period = 20

smoothing = 0

version is 3.02

on a M5 charts 

Please use the original indicator (not the version with "ml-" in its name - I can not know what is changed in that version since that version was not posted by me). Last version at the forum is the one attached at this post

mntiwana:

What use of on chart and how you will use it there,any way here is MLADENS corrected and some improved latest ver.

Just for better optical confirmation. This is the same indicator, I want the lines to show on the chart not on the bottom with window. 

mladen:

Please use the original indicator (not the version with "ml-" in its name - I can not know what is changed in that version since that version was not posted by me). Last version at the forum is the one attached at this post

Mladen, would this made for MT5?

mladen:

Since Holt - Winters double exponential smoothing is used for explicit forecasting, this version is doing the forecasting part too.

The method used is the following

As with any forecasting method, be advised that the forecasting part is a subject of changes (it will recalculate/repaint) and use it accordingly (by all means, no signals or alerts on that part)

Also the "trend" version of Holt's double exponential smoothing for metatrader 4 too

mladen:

Hello mladen,

Thank you, could i have all the parameters, so i can implement them into my EA and test different settings via icustom, please 

cheers 

fabiogeraci:

Hello mladen,

Thank you, could i have all the parameters, so i can implement them into my EA and test different settings via icustom, please 

cheers 

Please post you iCustom() call so that it can be revised and corrected (if necessary of course)

mladen:
Please post you iCustom() call so that it can be revised and corrected (if necessary of course)

String TrendDirForce = "Trend direction and force index - smoother 4_4"; 

iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),TrendDirForce,timeFrame,IndiPeriod,AveType,dSmoothed,PriceType,tUPlevel,
tDownl,Slen,Sphase,color,alert,alertBar,alertMsg,alertSound,alertEmail,alertPush,interpMethod,0,1);

fabiogeraci:

String TrendDirForce = "Trend direction and force index - smoother 4_4"; 

iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),TrendDirForce,timeFrame,IndiPeriod,AveType,dSmoothed,PriceType,tUPlevel,
tDownl,Slen,Sphase,color,alert,alertBar,alertMsg,alertSound,alertEmail,alertPush,interpMethod,0,1);

Do you get a normal result from iCustom()?
Reason: