Universal MA Cross EA - page 92

Yes, this is really excellent. thanks to those people who worked on it and updated it over time...

MrTools

I suggest that the EA be revised so that the time filter is lower in the program.

If you use a time period of , say, 0 - 1, you will find that the trailing stop and break even are not updated after that period - you could have a trade outstanding at the end of the period that has a great gain and then sells at the initial break even or trailing stop.

Perhaps someone will revise the two ea's so that they will update around the clock.

Thanks for considering this

daveM

Blaiserboy:
MrTools

I suggest that the EA be revised so that the time filter is lower in the program.

If you use a time period of , say, 0 - 1, you will find that the trailing stop and break even are not updated after that period - you could have a trade outstanding at the end of the period that has a great gain and then sells at the initial break even or trailing stop.

Perhaps someone will revise the two ea's so that they will update around the clock.

Thanks for considering this

daveM

Dave, just to make sure I am understanding, you are wanting the time filter, for example you set it to start trading at 20:00 and then stop at something like 10:00 the next day, is this right?

ps) looks like during back test the EA only trails during trading times, i have it set start at 8 stop at 14 at 14:55 the EA stops trailing then resumes the next day at start time at 8, think this is what your talking about, anyway it shouldn't be doing that will see if i can fix this.

if you move it down to about line 193 approx, all will be good.......

Blaiserboy:
if you move it down to about line 193 approx, all will be good.......

This is a version I have with a break even in it and the fix you proposed in an earlier post, anyway it seems to be working, now.Added the time filter on/off as a text so it should show in the comments now.

hopefully people will rigorously test this ea with the changes, this thing is a great tool, we have to ensure that changes are doing what we need...

Thanks MrTools

dr18:
here is the attached version i am using

Hello : Will this version work on an offline renko chart?

THANK YOU!

fwb1958:
Hello : Will this version work on an offline renko chart? THANK YOU!

You will have to exercise caution when using an EA on Renko, especially if you are optimizing because bars in the past are different from bars in the future which may cause the ea to be inaccurate. You will have to do a lot of testing to make sure you can rely on it. This I learned from experience.

I use this ea a lot on many kinds of charts, you do not really need to bother with Renko, this ea will give you a nice return on your time if you are going to spend a good amount of time testing.

Should you have any good ideas as to how to improve the EA, please be sure to contribute your idea and one of the people will have a look at incorporating your idea.

Good Trading...!

fwb1958:
Hello : Will this version work on an offline renko chart? THANK YOU!

It depends on your offline renko chart generating software first (80%) and probably changes in how Ask and Bid should be retrieved should be made (the rest) but since renko is not a standard metatrader chart time frame you first have to try out out if it will work on your renko charts

Slam. Hi,

I have an indicator which pops alert when two MAs cross each other.

Currencies = USDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, CADJPY, AUDJPY.

EMA = 7 AND EMA = 21. TimeFrame = 15M, 30M, 60M.

TP = 100, SL = 50, TS = 30.

Max signals per day = 6 to 10.

-------------------------

After finding your EA i tried to apply these settings. and Now its result is almost same on 4digit brokers, but not working on 5digit brokers. Can you please make it working on 5digits please?

Reason: