PolyFitScalper - page 36

newdigital:
Yes, I agree: it is usual scheme how to deal with martingale - withdraw profit in often way. Polyfit with martingale settings is not placing stop loss. Of course - there is some stop or exit coded inside this EA (in "hidden" way).

On 1.5.9 I have some GBPJPY trades still opened, so we still have the problem of opened orders.

Where is the internal limit in 1.59 at which the system would close the trades?

On 1.7.3 this problem is severe. I have, for example, EURUSD buy orders at 1.3117 (almost -500 pips) and many more orders, so it seems those orders would never be closed until (if) the price returns to that levels.

On 1.5.9 I have some GBPJPY trades still opened, so we still have the problem of opened orders.

Improved 1.59 version with new settings?

This one? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page10

Impossible sorry.

Look at the trades (statement is attached):

Use this version from this post with this settings https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page10

newdigital:
Improved 1.59 version with new settings?

This one? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page10

Impossible sorry.

Look at the trades (statement is attached):

Use this version from this post with this settings https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page10

Yes, exactly 1.5.9 new version with the settings from that post (except allowing Hedge). Here is the screenshot with the trades. This is with Alpari Demo.

Files:
159-1.png  19 kb

I do not have those trades.

So, wait for tomorrow - the trades should be martingaled, or closed in profit.

or use exact settings which I posted.

I am using this new 1.59 with this new settings since 17th of August, and max floating drawdown on open trades were 74 dollars (it is 80 for you as I see from your screenshot).

All the open trades were closed about an hour ago once the price touched the upper band. They closed in negative but given the volatile japan market we had, I'm glad I'm still in positive figures overall.

Regarding Aggresive Settings

Hi

I saw the detailed statements posted by NewDigital and noticed that the PolyFitScalper_EA v1.59_noHedge with Aggressive/Risky settings is making around ~$100 a day with the risk of some positions remaining open and they may go into huge negative values.

Taking this into consideration, yesterday night I ran this EA with aggressive settings on my Live account, the EA made +$130 and Floating loss was of $36. I felt satisfied with the performance and manually closed these open positions making net $94.

Few hours later when this EA started to function again, the EA took position in those pairs, which I closed manually, but this time in reverse direction and made a decent profit. My point here is had I left those positions open, the EA would have martingaled them and my lose would have increased but because it didn't find any open position it started afresh.

Is it a good strategy to kill the losing trade when the EA has stopped functioning, because it prevents huge Draw Downs?

My second doubt is in the settings provided by NewDigital (for Alpari UK), the TimeShift field is 0 but I guess these days it should be 1 because of DST Alapri is now 2 hours ahead of GMT.

Regards

Umesh

Hi umeshkathuria,

I am suggesting to you to use this version with this settings: see attachments on this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page10

In this settings - ScheduleMode = 0 (means: this file EURCHF_M1.txt is not used and TimeShift is not used).

I am forward testing for FXCM now with the following:

StartHour=19

StartMinute=15

EndHour=6

EndMinute=45

MonStartHour=0

MonStartMinute=15

FriEndHour=6

FriEndMinute=45

Profit since 17 of August (for 6 working days) is 227 dollars. I understand that it is not big daily profit. But it is very low risky settings with exit (to prevent "floating trades"). Anyway - ROI is 1090% (means: if you have 5,000 initial deposit so it can be 54,500 for 1 year).

Max floating drawdown (on open trades) was about 80 dollars on this settings.

Of course - it is martingale and scalping and everything is possible. But it is less risky settings for now with improved 1.59 version.

newdigital:

I am forward testing for FXCM now with the following:

StartHour=19

StartMinute=15

EndHour=6

EndMinute=45

MonStartHour=0

MonStartMinute=15

FriEndHour=6

FriEndMinute=45

As TimeShift is not used, should I adjust those times to my broker?

In that case, which GMT offset has FXCM?

Or better, to keep it written in the forum ... Which GMT start and end times are recommended?

Is it safe to say that this EA works since USA close to some hours before Asian session close? The criteria to run it or not is "market calm" and no huge trends?

Sorry for so many questions

Alpari rus is on GMT +2 now.

FXCM is on GMT +1.

It means:

19 hours 15 minutes for Alpari rus = 18 hours 15 minutes for FXCM (if we are talking about same bars).

So, for FXCM (GMT +1):

StartHour=18

StartMinute=15

EndHour=5

EndMinute=45

MonStartHour=0

MonStartMinute=15

FriEndHour=5

FriEndMinute=45

As to

MonStartHour=0

MonStartMinute=15

so ... just keep it same ...

IBFX is on GMT + 0 now so for IBFX:

StartHour=17

StartMinute=15

EndHour=4

EndMinute=45

MonStartHour=0

MonStartMinute=15

FriEndHour=4

FriEndMinute=45

As you see - the time was adjusted for this EA to trade at GMT night when most pairs are not volatile (similar with flat market).

You can start at 22 and stop at 3 next day for example: in this case almost all the pairs (except ... may be JPY pairs) will not be volatile (goor for scalping).

------

- More time to work for this EA - more risky but more profit (for example: start at 16 and finish at 9).

- Less time to work for this EA - less risky but less profit.

- no time to work for this EA - no risky and no profit (and no problem).

Settings

NewDigital,

Thanks for recommending the EA.

I was trying to figure out the changes in the settings and also what settings makes this EA aggressive or moderate or less risky.

Please find the attached images of the comparison sheet and kindly help me in understanding the difference.

As I can understand:

* The new settings will make this EA function for complete period from 19:15 to 06:45 next day (with some variations on Mondays and Fridays).

* Maximum number of Orders are 25 i.e. with Martingale Multiplier of 1.5 this EA can Theoretically open upto 505 lots (0.01+0.015+0.0225+......+168.3411)

* No Profit target is defined...the EA will use some algorithm for exiting the open positions.

* Profit Mode = pips

* Stop Loss = 45

Thanks and regards

Umesh

Files:
settings1.png  41 kb
settings2.png  37 kb
Reason: