Adaptive lookback indicators - page 119

Jaque:

OK, STEP - i dont think about it.  I read it ST-EP MA, i have thought it has something to do with standard deviation.

How is a Step Ma calculated ?

Anyway, can you integrate the KAMA in the Angle-averages ?

I have explained a couple of time : in the "averages" only the averages types that require period and price are going to be integrated (otherwise all the others would already be integrated in the "averages" too). Since Kaufman ama is not falling into that group (it has 2 extra parameters and some variations have 3 extra parameters) it will not be integrated into the averages indicator

mladen:
I have explained a couple of time : in the "averages" only the averages types that require period and price are going to be integrated (otherwise all the others would already be integrated in the "averages" too). Since Kaufman ama is not falling into that group (it has 2 extra parameters and some variations have 3 extra parameters) it will not be integrated into the averages indicator

ok, thank you, i wondered why the kama is not included.  But it was not my real original meaning to included the KAMA in the averages.

We have the angle of ema, lsma ect., what i want is a angle of KAMA.Why ? i believe (and hope) it is very usefull to detect ranging periods, the kama goes flat in that conditions and seems to be very reactive, and is an adaptive one. So i hope you can make a angle of kama. Or have you an idea which ma is better for that reason ?

Hi mladen,

I have been using your adaptive price zone indicator.. would like to check with you, if a few amendments can be added to it?

I use it for reversal and retracement and the current indicator that i uploaded (with a small add on for the timeframe and send notification) paints an arrow but somehow it doesn't send the notification, i put it on 28 currencies but i find that i dont get the push notifications. It is either I see 3 consecutive arrows painted but there I only get 2 notifications, or EURCHF have the notification but EURAUD doesnt send the notification even when i looked at my computer, both chart actually have arrows painted.

Could you see if these 3 things can be done:

1. Instead of sending the push notification message on the current candle, send it on the opening of the next candle. So that it will check the previous candle to see if there is an arrow painted and send a notification. Also, in the notification message, can you include the APZ value of the candle where the arrow was painted? Because i set a SL at the APZ crossover value when i do my trading.

2. Can we set a x_pips away from the apz for the arrows to be painted? Instead of when price cross the apz, maybe 3 pips away from apz, the arrow can be painted. We can have a field for x_pips, if we set the number of pips to 0, then it will only paint an arrow then the price cross the apz like what it is doing now. If we set to 3, then it will be 3 pips away from apz to paint the arrow.

3. I think MT4 recently has some update so the arrow size has become rather small, can we have a field to set the arrow width?

I am not sure if there is another variation of the APZ indicator with RSI, ADX and MACD cross over or level such as 30 and 70, but if anyone has it, it will be good to share. :)  

Jaque:

ok, thank you, i wondered why the kama is not included.  But it was not my real original meaning to included the KAMA in the averages.

We have the angle of ema, lsma ect., what i want is a angle of KAMA.Why ? i believe (and hope) it is very usefull to detect ranging periods, the kama goes flat in that conditions and seems to be very reactive, and is an adaptive one. So i hope you can make a angle of kama. Or have you an idea which ma is better for that reason ?

When "angle" of anything is calculated there is a lag introduced. In the case of Kaufman ama it means that it will always lag behind the kama itself (since kama has those visual periods of flatness) and I think that it is better to use kama itself instead of it's "angle"

Evi86:

Hi mladen,

I have been using your adaptive price zone indicator.. would like to check with you, if a few amendments can be added to it?

I use it for reversal and retracement and the current indicator that i uploaded (with a small add on for the timeframe and send notification) paints an arrow but somehow it doesn't send the notification, i put it on 28 currencies but i find that i dont get the push notifications. It is either I see 3 consecutive arrows painted but there I only get 2 notifications, or EURCHF have the notification but EURAUD doesnt send the notification even when i looked at my computer, both chart actually have arrows painted.

Could you see if these 3 things can be done:

1. Instead of sending the push notification message on the current candle, send it on the opening of the next candle. So that it will check the previous candle to see if there is an arrow painted and send a notification. Also, in the notification message, can you include the APZ value of the candle where the arrow was painted? Because i set a SL at the APZ crossover value when i do my trading.

2. Can we set a x_pips away from the apz for the arrows to be painted? Instead of when price cross the apz, maybe 3 pips away from apz, the arrow can be painted. We can have a field for x_pips, if we set the number of pips to 0, then it will only paint an arrow then the price cross the apz like what it is doing now. If we set to 3, then it will be 3 pips away from apz to paint the arrow.

3. I think MT4 recently has some update so the arrow size has become rather small, can we have a field to set the arrow width?

I am not sure if there is another variation of the APZ indicator with RSI, ADX and MACD cross over or level such as 30 and 70, but if anyone has it, it will be good to share. :)  

for 1. : set the alerts on current to false

for 3 : use the attached and set the arrow size from the parameters

mladen:

for 1. : set the alerts on current to false

for 3 : use the attached and set the arrow size from the parameters

Hi Mladen,

Just tested it, but i think there are 2 items on the x_pips and including the APZ value of the candle where the arrow was painted in the alert message.

Seek your help please.

Evi86:

Hi Mladen,

Just tested it, but i think there are 2 items on the x_pips and including the APZ value of the candle where the arrow was painted in the alert message.

Seek your help please.

Also, i have been experiencing these arrows painted when the price did not cross the apz at all. You can view the image, are you able to tell why? I'm using mt4
Files:

Evi86:

Hi Mladen,

Seek your help please.

I did not make that part (sorry, but thing like the "distance from some value" are not a subject of that kind of indicators)

Evi86:
Also, i have been experiencing these arrows painted when the price did not cross the apz at all. You can view the image, are you able to tell why? I'm using mt4
The notification sent on the open of the next candle doesn't work too. Please see the image.
Files:

Evi86:

Guys please do not post patched indicators (as far as I see from the code the part with arrows is not made by me - the part handling the arrows is 100% sure not made by me since some important parts are completely left out from the code) or at lest tell that those are altered indicators

In any case : the arrows are drawn when low crosses lower band, and when high crosses upper band. Attached version corrects the arrows repainting and wrong place drawing issue

Reason: