Sorry, I try explain ( Sorry my english) when i use tf H1 the absolute trend histo W1 and MN1 empty, when i use tf H4 absolute trend histo Mn1 empty
Hope you understand
Ps i use the zip tpl
Replace the "market" indicator with the attached and all should be OK
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Sergey Golubev, 2017.07.11 16:55
This is very interesting indicator: price crossing Kijun-sen. Indicator is on this post to download, or you can find it attached to this post.All kinds of alert are available:
Kijun-sen is one of the line of Ichimoku indicator, the 'price crossing Kijun-sen line' is one of the good non-lagging signal of this indicator:
Simple Ichimoku System - rules for the systems
Sergey Golubev, 2010.03.03 08:37
Stop loss and take profit.
Do not trade without stop loss. Especially if trading D1 or H4 timeframe. Stop loss value is the price of nearest dot or arrow (in most of the cases), or nearest support/resistance line (most often - borer of the cloud).
I am using price of dot/arrow for stop loss in most of the cases. Stop loss is not small by value for D1/H4 timeframe as we can see from the charts so we should have initial deposit enough to trade those timeframes.
Stop loss is moved by trailing stop. In my trades in the beginning of this thread I used trailing stop as 30 - 50 pips (4 digit pips). But in reality - it should be not less then 50. Stop loss should not be moved by trailing stop in aggressive way, especially on D1 timeframe. Let the profit run.
So, the trade may be closed by stop loss (moved by trailing stop). Or we can close the trade if price will touch/cross some support/resistance line (usually - border of the cloud) if we do not want to trade inside the cloud in ranging unpredictable market condition.
Classical Ichimoku indicator's stop los and take profit values suggested by the author of this indicator (Ichimoku Sanjin):
- if we are trading on the direction of the cloud so take profit values are Senkou Span A and Senkou Span B lines. Stop loss in case case can be somewhere outside the trend, or we can use Parabolic SAR indicator (Ichimoku Sanjin suggested Parabolic SAR indicator for stop loss in this case).
- if we are trading from the cloud so our stop loss should be somewhere near Kijun-sen line, next stop - Senkou Span A and Senkou Span B lines (borders of the cloud). Take profit in this case: Kijun-sen line reversal, or - how suggested the author of Ichimoku indicator - fix take profit value.
Generally - we can have 1 or 2 signals per 2 weeks per pair. And generally - we can have 100 - 300 pip (4 digit pips) per pair in a month (for D1 timeframe). It is just an averaging stats decribing by some traders.
Trading inside the cloud is one of the good trading technique to use this indicator. In this case the borders of the cloud (Senkou Span A and Senkou Span B) are support/resistance lines and some guiding lines for stop loss and take profit values (should be behind those lines), and we are trading on the direction of Tenkan-sen line inside the cloud in the ame way as we are trading inside the channel. Some traders are having the avegaring profit days as 40 pips (4 digit pips) just using this technique only.
But we all understand that in this case - the cloud should be big enough to indicate the ranging market condition. We can not use this technique in case of small cloud (flat).
Some traders stimated some stats for stop loss and take profit values for Ichimoku systems. We can use it for this system as some recommendations for example:
Stop loss (4 digit price pips):
- For M5 ... H1: some traders are using stop loss = 15 pips for all the pairs in any situation. Not for H4, D1 and W1.
- For H1 (in case we are trading on H1 timeframe):15 - 30 pips for EURUSD; 20 - 40 pips for GBPUSD; 35 - 50 pip for USDJPY; 30 - 80 for USDCHF.
- for H4, D1 and W1 timeframes: near the most strongest indicator's line or signal. For D1 it can be 100 or 200 pips.
- for H4, D1 and W1 timeframes: behind the cloud.
- for any timeframe: dot or arrow of PriceChannel_Signal indicator.
Permission to learn master, I open every page you post .. hopefully useful for me.
Thank you very much! I like this indicator very much.
Are you still using this system?
If you do, could you share any recent results?
This is the оld thread which I opened in 2011 ...I created new thread (for MT5 only) and all the discussion/story was moved to new one: Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5
And for now - I am using this system for the market condition evaluation and for the technical analsyis on this forum:
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.