Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 187

sorry for confusion

marley60:
@kinjaheed

1.maybe the snake/basket thing is funny for the ones with english as their mother language, but for me its just confusing.

I dont understand where your buy/sell signals are.

2.what is a indicator like your vortex... good for?

it looks great, shows early signals and seems to take the "noise" out of the data.

but watching it realtime showed that its a repainter: shows a buy signal, and removes it (3bars later) once it has proven to be a false signal.

the indicator can cancel wrong signals, but my broker wont do the same.

its just not tradeable, so why use it ?

Hello my friend,

I am sorry it is confusing.

firstly, you have too look at the barry support and resistance indicator. for now, ignore all other indicators. once candle close above/below barry SAR, now that is signal for possible entry. that is signal.

second, ignore the vortex indicator, that was just left on my chart and is never paid attention to in my trading this way.

now, most importand is when the body of the heiken ashi candle close above/below the barry support and resistance level (which is basically just a line for where the fractal is). the moving averages are just an experiment, and they will do the same job as a zig zag indacator pretty much. it is pretty much just a visual to find the swing high/lows.

since i am indian, it reminded me of when snake come out of basket during snake charming session, that is why i compare it to that, but once again, i apologize for the confusion, it is not important what it is called.

I went back to change wording on the screen shots as to not cause confustion any more.

i find the moving aveages useful for just visuall only, and maybe someone else will too i don't know, but the SAR is always most important.

thank you my friend

vladv:
Thanks for helping me,kinjaheed! I will test your system,too.

No problem buddy! watch out for sideways trends, there are some false breakouts every once in a while!!

I have got something for you

Guy ., This forum has been too helpful to me so I have decided to share a special indicator which I bought a couple of weeks ago. It has been working really well with RenkoLivecharts 3.2 .Use it and tell me what you get . Regards .

Files:
ma_mi.mq4  3 kb

Hello my freind,

I did apply to 4hr chart and I saw what you see, it appears to be a smoother trend, and then i restart metatrader by closing it down and restarting and it reappear normal, not sure what is going on, but there was also really big spikes on some of the bars also so i'm not sure if it will be trade able,, i will keep investigating thoough,

subhanwaheed:
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS

best way to find out is apply it to 4hr chart like you said, but change bricks to 1pip so that way you can see how it reacts allot quicker, try and make some demo trades on it and see what happens

subhanwaheed:
Can somebody please tell me what is this box offset feature for in renkolivechart 3.2 ?

that is a good question, I am dying to find out

also i just attach screen shot of just demo accuont results from trading one week just by entering when HA candle close above/below SAR, there was none lossing trade, although some trades I close awfully earlier on account that I am not comfortable and confident yet trading this way, just testing, thank you my friends

Files:

subhanwaheed:
Guy ., This forum has been too helpful to me so I have decided to share a special indicator which I bought a couple of weeks ago. It has been working really well with RenkoLivecharts 3.2 .Use it and tell me what you get . Regards .

I PM'd you.

Hello my friend

subhanwaheed:

thank you buddy for the Macd mirror

here are some other indicators that might go well with it from Andy Tjatur

update

here i add my screen shot of today's trade, i only trade it demo today but it was good 70 pips for the gbp/usd, i try word it better to avoid confusion also i edit last picture to avoid confusion! alright,

Thank you my friends

Thanks . I am gonna try them out .

Sharing is fun . I should have tried it before . Here is an other nice indicator .

Files:

marley60:
Hello,

Here is my problem:

Sometimes I have a delay when I send orders.

That happens because cpu-usage is at 100% and everything is like frozen.

That is because with every new tick every indicator is calculated from the start of its history.

1.How can I reduce the history to a period that makes sence

(my eurusd 1-min chart begins April 2010) ?

5 days would be enough....

Hello marley60,

just open tools/options/charts

and change "max bars in history" parameters to = 7200

and change "max bars in chart" to = 7200

(that is 5 days worth of 1m bars) or 1440 for every one day

then close metatrader and reopen, and you will have only 5days of data now instead of one year like you said (April 2010)

now I don't know if you have to change both "max in history" and "max in chart", or one or the other, but I know that changing both does work.

marley60:
2.How do I have to change the code in order to calculate an indicator only once per bar (take the close of bar[1] only on the open of the new bar and avoid signals that disappear once a new bar starts and therefore prevent repainting)?If you know any examples of indicators that have this calculate only once function please tell me...

I do not know answer to this part of your question

Thank you my friend,

Ea

Hello brothers and sisters,

I have read through the whole thread. I am interested in Renko trading system as i think it is one of the most reliable trading systems around. It gives you a clear picture on where the price action moves.

I am particularly interested in developing an EA based on this system. From backtesting, where some guys have tried, the result was amazing, almost 100% winning. We should get the same result when we live-trade them. Unfortunately, they are not. Why? Probably because the renko bars repaint.

I noticed when my metatrader was open, the bars were not in a trend (inconsistent), but when i restarted, the same bars were then nicely arranged in a trend. This is the answer why backtesting gives a great result and live-trading doesn't. If we could discuss on how to overcome this, i am sure we could make a good EA out of it.

Some people need an EA because they missed a lot of oppotunities/entries. Also because they could not be in front of the computer all the time. Some just want to earn money by sleeping. Some think that trading manually gives them too must stress even though it's winning. But it doesn't matter, as long as it benefits everyone.

First of all, i would like to ask if anyone notices the bars repaint when metatrader is restarted? If Yes, then we could first work around with this.

superblacksmith:
Hello brothers and sisters,

I have read through the whole thread. I am interested in Renko trading system as i think it is one of the most reliable trading systems around. It gives you a clear picture on where the price action moves.

I am particularly interested in developing an EA based on this system. From backtesting, where some guys have tried, the result was amazing, almost 100% winning. We should get the same result when we live-trade them. Unfortunately, they are not. Why? Probably because the renko bars repaint.

I noticed when my metatrader was open, the bars were not in a trend (inconsistent), but when i restarted, the same bars were then nicely arranged in a trend. This is the answer why backtesting gives a great result and live-trading doesn't. If we could discuss on how to overcome this, i am sure we could make a good EA out of it.

Some people need an EA because they missed a lot of oppotunities/entries. Also because they could not be in front of the computer all the time. Some just want to earn money by sleeping. Some think that trading manually gives them too must stress even though it's winning. But it doesn't matter, as long as it benefits everyone.

First of all, i would like to ask if anyone notices the bars repaint when metatrader is restarted? If Yes, then we could first work around with this.

Hello My friend . You gave me a heart attack there for a minute . Dude , renko bars do not repaint . They are just as reliable as you have red . The thing you are observing is that you might be applying the renko system to the bigger time frames rather than on one minute time frame . That causes this to happen . Try and let me know. I tried according to what you said and they do not repaint .

Reason: