Forex Newbie - page 2

mariow8:
Hi, I am new to this program I am very interested in getting to really learn strategies and different options to do a good job here.

Welcome,

I suggest to start from the beginning. Learn trading, use the forum search feature and feel free to ask any question. Many experienced traders/coders here.

FerruFx

I can guess if you know the software is because you know what forex is, if you don’t know, go to babypips and learn from the school. But if you know good stuff of forex, well go to tradeview forex to download the MT4 and start with it. For strategies, the forums are a very good source of information.

mariow8:
Hi, I am new to this program I am very interested in getting to really learn strategies and different options to do a good job here.

Hi there, well I'm new also, but as far as I've read, the best way to have a trade plan is to read and gather all the information and also opening a demo account and start to practice there. Trial and error is the best way to learn here, as I see it.

I just started today in the forum and I’m glad to see there is very kind people in here offering help, definitely is very useful to know about the others trading, experts or not, everyone has information from their own experiences. Now I’m still reading and reading about the business Im gonna follow your recommendations about try as much time as possible. I hope it flows. Thanks

Well, let me tell you my story, 6 months ago I was interested to know about forex, I got a demo but I didn’t like, so I got in the forums to ask for a good demo, someone told me and I got it and Im using it, but after some weeks when I was trading I realized that I didn’t know about FX, so I decided to take time for myself and FX, so after a couple of months Im here again to the forum, but this time, with so much more to say than to ask, It very helpful to study, read, watch, but what I didn’t do was to get off the market, really important. Oops, my demo I got it from Tradeview, just if someone is interested.

To all the new people here. The best way as some have said before, is to demo as much as you can before going into live trading. I think to this I'll add to try and make up two types of trading plans, one for the scalping method and another one for the long term trade method. I think that being prepared for both ways of trading is the most powerful thing there is to do in the forex trading business.

I agree with felipeca25 , you have to practice a lot. Get a demo is the helpful thing you can do.

I agree with all of you guys, I´m new too and definitely practicing is the only way to feel comfortable with the knowledge you have about the business, the recommendations from the experts in here have been to be patient and practice loads with the demo, I´ve been kind of confused with some indicators and so on but just like combining the readings with the practices I could understand better about this new world.

Ok guys thank you for your replies, definitely your experiences are very useful for me as a beginner, so I’ll follow your suggestions about reading, studying hard and practice lots. ahhh I visited Tradeview and I found different platforms can you specify which one is the one you suggested to me?...

The platform that most traders start with is the Metatrader 4, I guess the other ones you might have seen where the Core-View Options and the T-View Platinum, they're also trading platforms for forex and some special things. But if you're to start just go ahead and download the MT4.

Reason: