RAS moderators announcement, reports and problems - page 36

Hi Mescalito,

As to off quotes - it is Metatrader's error. It means that Metatrader did not have the data for this market time for this pair.

As to the first error ...

Can you go to RAS website, Help page, support and write the ticket? And repeat your post with images + attach RAS log files to the ticket (RAS log files are located in files folder - for example: C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\files).

Attach log files to the tickets (not here).

And I (or Linuxser) will pass your ticket to some well-known forum coders (they are involved in RAS support) and if necessary - to the developers of RAS.

Because we are communicating with the developers of RAS using this kayako support.

It is most quick way to get reply/support from many people/coders/developers simultaniously.

maybe some bugs i want to report.

I use activetrades (scalp-feed variable)

minlot = 0.1

steplot= 0.1

I am using RAS-EA version 1.28

Buyer_lots_multiplier= 0.5

I have placed the value,

buyer_partial_closing = FALSE;

--> sometimes i get an order and it is tries to close directly 1/2 after it opened.

example. original signal opens with 1.64 lotsize

RASEA opens with 0.8 lots, what seems correct to me because lotstep is 0.1

but right after it opens, it tried to scaleout 0.4 lots

wich give abudant much errors from my broker:

Your trade request, #8720, Sell of 0.4 lots (40,000) EUR/USD was encountered a problem to:

Partial close is currently unsupported

2009.06.11 02:06:05 '19502': order #3371620 buy 0.40 EURUSD-fx closing at 0.00000 failed [Off quotes]

buyer_STP= true;// this enables 2 step process enter at market and after it the stoploss/ takeprofit

This is needed to work on the scalper-feed.

2nd possible bug

On atrade yesterday, the RAS-EA didn't close a trade.

2009.06.11 01:39:48 Rentasignal GBPJPY-fx,H1: Order 3371620 Close Error: 136 - off quotes

After a while the trade was closed on the RAS-EA according the site.

But actually the TRADE stayed as an orphin there. and didn't close by it self by the EA.

Lucky this TRADE had a stoploss. and stopped out at the stoploss. but This is a serious issue in case singals don't use stoplosses !!!

-------------

This RAS-EA 1.28 is running on a VPS on a gbp/jpy chart.

This broker feed has an "-fx" addition. so maybe there is a problem.

Also an change update log between the versions of the EA. should be usefull, so people can see what changed between the versions, or what is fixed.

This give a very clear, and profesional look, of trying to improve quality.

When new input parameters are becoming available, desrcribe or update the manual, so people know what they are used for.

Files:
remark_1.28.gif  18 kb

Problems

ND,

that is exactly what i am referring to.

I am not complaining about 2 brokers having a fraction off in price at order execution time.

I am supporting the thesis that it is hard for subscribers to duplicate trades on many occasions.

I am getting messages about :

-missed trades

-delays of several seconds

-false closings, even worse no closings until SL hit(see above from mescalito)

That deteriorates results and makes subscribers to cancel subscriptions and even worse, makes them to stay away from trading the signals in real money accounts, because it is too risky.

And that is not because a signal/trade is risky, but the RAS EA is too risky to use with real money.

Certainly any monthly fee might be too high just for frustration and entertainement purposes.

Janus

Hi JanusTrading,

I understand what you mean.

Missing trades ... it is ... you have open trades opened yesterday for example, but your buyer just started to trade ... may be it is too much comments allowed inside RAS EA

I am having 2 usernames with RAS for elite section signals. And no any problems at all. Also I did the clones (no one requested now - but I made the clones for the long time) - no any problems at all. Clones are automatic buyers.

I even use 1.16 version for some signals. And no problem. The results are compatible with seller and buyer.

But I agree with you: RAS service is having some limitation. And we (vendors) should think about which system/EA we will use for RAS. Because not every EA/system will be tradable with RAS.

In this case - yes, I am fully agree with you.

But ... you know ... Metatrader 5 is coming soon ... so I think RAS EA will be improved in hard way.

It is really good that 2 well-known forum coders will be involved in this improvements (they saw the code and they will participate). It is really good. But please note: RAS service is independent service. Of course, same owner (same company running) but service is independent.

With affiliated program the vendors will have more subscribers.

I think I replied to may be 50 possible questions ... just read between the lines.

As to the errors - most of the errors came from metatrader's disconnestion, Metatrader's closing, PC switching off, wrong RAS EA settings, some wrong expectation (trading risky system thinking that it is safe for example) and so on.

We also did some proposal that vendor can communicate with the buyers using some panel inside RAS, or chat, or sent email to them directly from RAS website.

Who we? Many members of the forum. If you read this section/threads from very beginning so you will understand how it was started.

Hope it will be with new webdesign. In this case you can say to the buyers to use some broker, RAS EA settings and so on.

As I know - some discussion about brokers' participation is going on ... but I am not informed so much sorry.

That's all news (that I know).

Thank you

ND,

i know you care a lot about this forum and done a great job in the Elite section.

It makes me feel very good to see you helping so much and hope that finally we all get there to provide a great service to FX traders.

Many thanks again for your personal efforts.

As you know, i am trying to get the best service to my subscribers.

Janus

Janus I would be a subscriber to RAS but ......

You said it all ..... and then we would come and pay for these signals. I am still waiting for an EA that works smoothly with most brokers for RAS. I hope soon I can be a paid subscriber also.IMO

JanusTrading:
ND,

before and i say that very loud and clear:

Before any other steps are taken, RAS site owners must provide an EA which allows subscribers to duplicate trade results within 1 or 2 pips.

This seems to be the biggest problem right now.

And this is not for scalping trades, this is for all trading styles.

For whatever reson, RAS EA seems to work for some traders with certain brokers, but not all the time.

Janus

Clones. Thought thats what they are for.

Originally Posted by JanusTrading

ND,

before and i say that very loud and clear:

Before any other steps are taken, RAS site owners must provide an EA which allows subscribers to duplicate trade results within 1 or 2 pips.

This seems to be the biggest problem right now.

And this is not for scalping trades, this is for all trading styles.

For whatever reson, RAS EA seems to work for some traders with certain brokers, but not all the time.

Janus

Please correct me if I am wrong here but I thought that is what the clones are meant for.

I'm just curious. For those with the problems. Have you tried using the clones offered by New Digital. I never have because I have had no need to but a friend of mine has and they are supposed to be very accurate.

Trading style

@ Forex simple Signals

looking at your system and facts only:

-your system with subscribers started 2 weeks ago

-you are dealing with 2 paying RAS subscribers

-you have 25 closed orders

-you have 1 open position

-you have a ton of BL orders

That certainly is no challenge for you , nor for your subscribers and the quality of RAS EA will not matter too much.

Look at my TriggerFX:

-started 3 month ago at RAS

-had in peak time 20x your subscribers

-closed 1056 orders with 30 pips

-usually have up to 10 open positions

-work with BE`s,TP`s and much more

Your system can not prove the quality of RAS EA at all, nor can you have a lot of trouble shooting with your subscribers.

I say that with all my respect for your trading system!

All i want is the best possible service and results for my subscribers.

That is what they pay for............and remember............they pay RAS developers big!

Janus

Reason: