RAS moderators announcement, reports and problems - page 43

dimlat:
how do i know which version i am using??

Look on top left on your chart where you have expert advisor attached.

Error reading file ras_buyer_partial1 message

Hi NewDigital,

I have recently subscribed to ID 515 and noticed that there is regular occurences of the error: "2009/7/2 6:54:21 1.29 1 close_partial_orders: Error reading file ras_buyer_partial1" in the ras_report_buyer.csv file in the MT4 installation directory.

Is this a concern and if so how can it be fixed. I am using Ver 1.29.

Regards

Ben

Your broker is stop/ecn broker?

If yes so switch stp to true.

And check library folder: you should have 2 dll files thre - wininet.dll and forex_tsd.dll

Besides, if it is in experts tab in terminal window so it appened sometimes when RAS EA can not read text file from file folder but it is temporary case and finally RAS EA is able to read and everything is fine (error message is stopped).

Files:
experts.jpg  16 kb

Error reading file ras_buyer_partial1 Message

NewDigital,

My broker is GCI Trading in the US. I do have two files in the libraries directory. They are wininet.dll and forex_tsd.dll. Funny that you mention one should be forex_tsd.dll as a friend who also uses RAS and same ID has the forex_tsd.dll file but my installation uses Rentasignal.dll. I tried both the manual and automatic installation options with the same result.

forex_tsd.dll is nowhere to be found. Where can I get a copy of this?

My EA settings are currently set to TRUE for the both the buyer_partial_closing and the buyer_stp_broker options.

Sorry - I am still using old versions of RAS EA.

They renamed forex_tsd.dll to rentasignal.dll

Do you have those 2 files in library folder?

And error should be stopped anyway.

Files:
dll_files.jpg  7 kb

Error reading file ras_buyer_partial1 Message

Yes, that is the two files I have. Is the two values which are set to true for the stp_broker and partial_closing correct?

I had several MT4 application crashes in the last two days whereafter I removed the GCI version of MT4 and replaced it with the MetaQuotes MT4 version. It appears to be stable now but I did get a "off quotes" alert which resulted in a trade being closed too late.

Needless to say that I missed a few good trades due to the MT4 application crashes. I can only hope that this will not re-occur.

Further, I have noticed an error message complaining about the fact that I installed the EA when on my home LAN and then run it on a different IP address at the office. This was during the initial first few days when I did some testing on a demo account. How will this affect the EA as I am considering it to host my MT4 on a data centre server which will yet again have a different IP address.

Your thoughts and suggestions on this will be appreciated.

Different IP?

They have some protection on RAS server concerning running same account on different IP. So, we can nit change this protection sorry.

As to 'off quotes' error so it is the error of Metatrader. It means - no quotes (no price data) for this time for this pair.

RAS EA IP Address protection

I can fully understand that there must be some kind of protection to ensure that only valid and paid up subscribers can receive signals. However, I doubt if the use of an IP address is the most effective way as it creates a string of other problems for subscribers. In my case I was simply testing using a notebook which means that it is portable and IP address will change when moving around. It is the same valid subscriber, different address with one instance of the RAS EA active at any point in time.

Let's look at a few scenarios:

1. My portable situation above.

2. Hardware failure which requires a rebuild will not guarantee that same DHCP address will be assigned resulting in downtime of EA due to IP address lockout.

3. To work around the IP lockout I will have to terminate my existing subscription, re-subscribe using a different username and only then can I migrate my RAS EA to a data centre server or other suitable platform

All in all it is not a very sophisticated way to apply protection. This will most certainly frustrate honest subscribers as it limits us to make use of the best infrastructure option to execute the RAS EA and ensure that delays and other environmental factors eat away on profitable trades.

Mmmm, there must be other ways to do this?

bprinsloo:
I can fully understand that there must be some kind of protection to ensure that only valid and paid up subscribers can receive signals. However, I doubt if the use of an IP address is the most effective way as it creates a string of other problems for subscribers. In my case I was simply testing using a notebook which means that it is portable and IP address will change when moving around. It is the same valid subscriber, different address with one instance of the RAS EA active at any point in time.

Let's look at a few scenarios:

1. My portable situation above.

2. Hardware failure which requires a rebuild will not guarantee that same DHCP address will be assigned resulting in downtime of EA due to IP address lockout.

3. To work around the IP lockout I will have to terminate my existing subscription, re-subscribe using a different username and only then can I migrate my RAS EA to a data centre server or other suitable platform

All in all it is not a very sophisticated way to apply protection. This will most certainly frustrate honest subscribers as it limits us to make use of the best infrastructure option to execute the RAS EA and ensure that delays and other environmental factors eat away on profitable trades.

Mmmm, there must be other ways to do this?

Dynamic IP does not matter.

RAS server checks on real time if some member tries to access from different locations.

Even NAT and proxy users does not have anything to be worried.

IP Address issue

Linuxsr,

If that is the case there is nothing I should be worried about? The reality is that this does not seem to be the case because when I moved to another location with different IP address it gave me the error. No duplicate user usage was done.

Reason: