100-300 Pips Per Day Any Pair Any Timeframe Using 2 Indicators - page 75

joesmoe:
Knez,

There is no more settings. I gave you what I use for the TSU. If you are successfull there is no need for more settings. I have know Idea what MP is using. We are not talking about the same kind of trade.

JS

Do you trade all 3 set ups?

MCFly:
Do you trade all 3 set ups?

MCFly,

Yes I do. I have a few more TSU's that I also trade. It depends on the day the mood and what I see but I still trade them all.

JS

Original setup

I'm trading with the original setup and I get 10% of the initial deposit the first day! Thank you Joe!!

joesmoe:
MCFly,

Yes I do. I have a few more TSU's that I also trade. It depends on the day the mood and what I see but I still trade them all.

JS

I started my research on this method by designing a simple EA to test the first setup as described on the first post. As it was not clear which indicator is used as signal and which is used as confirmation, I used both versions: look for S/R and wait for MACD and the other way arround. Of course the EA confirms the 100 SMA on M1 timeframe as well.

I do not know what I am missing here, for I did not get good results. Are there time filters or other indicators? I am using the suggested setup on GBP/USD, TF = 5 minutes. The only inference I did was a non-hedging approach: if the EA finds an opposing order, it closes that prior to opening a new one.

If proved mechanical, I intend to create EAs for the three setups. But right now I need more info.

Thanks.

--Id--:
I started my research on this method by designing a simple EA to test the first setup as described on the first post. As it was not clear which indicator is used as signal and which is used as confirmation, I used both versions: look for S/R and wait for MACD and the other way arround. Of course the EA confirms the 100 SMA on M1 timeframe as well.

I do not know what I am missing here, for I did not get good results. Are there time filters or other indicators? I am using the suggested setup on GBP/USD, TF = 5 minutes. The only inference I did was a non-hedging approach: if the EA finds an opposing order, it closes that prior to opening a new one.

If proved mechanical, I intend to create EAs for the three setups. But right now I need more info.

Thanks.

If you want to check does system works or not, you will never be able to do it by making EA and you will always have bad resaults.

Many time market is in a narrow range and you can't get good results out of it, but just to many bad trades. Also, many times you would like to take trade according to settings, but oops there is a news coming out, so you better skip that, and it shows to be good decision. Just ask yourself, how many times you want it to enter trade, but there was something else that make you not to enter!?

If you want to have good view of how this system perform, you have to do your homework manually, and then you will see is this system good for whole 24 hours a day or just part of the day or.......

Id

How about to add a small feature into your EA? Im thinking... The EA will open/close trades based on MACD/SR criteria, but you will choose the direction of trades. It means you will tell it to open only BUY or only SELL orders and it will ignore open signals for the other direction. It will be sort of semi automatic EA, but I think may signigficantly improve profitability of your EA. What do you think?

--Id--:

Thanks.

Knez:
If you want to check does system works or not, you will never be able to do it by making EA and you will always have bad resaults.

Many time market is in a narrow range and you can't get good results out of it, but just to many bad trades. Also, many times you would like to take trade according to settings, but oops there is a news coming out, so you better skip that, and it shows to be good decision. Just ask yourself, how many times you want it to enter trade, but there was something else that make you not to enter!?

If you want to have good view of how this system perform, you have to do your homework manually, and then you will see is this system good for whole 24 hours a day or just part of the day or.......

I have included time filter rules... but did not improve performance at all. It does make the losses smaller, but just because it trades less. Of course I am open to suggestions on how to predict range-bound markets.

I cannot agree on the news impact. I have tested in slow weeks as well as strong trend weeks influenced by news. The results are not good whatsoever. By the way, this method seems to perform better on strong trends, right? Therefore news are the best history to test, because they normally start a mid-trend and, as long as it is history, does not suffer wider spreads as real life. In short: the best conditions for the method to win.

juchu:
How about to add a small feature into your EA? Im thinking... The EA will open/close trades based on MACD/SR criteria, but you will choose the direction of trades. It means you will tell it to open only BUY or only SELL orders and it will ignore open signals for the other direction. It will be sort of semi automatic EA, but I think may signigficantly improve profitability of your EA. What do you think?

Thank you for your suggestion. But there is no need to code that: Metatrader has that feature built-in. When you attach an EA to a chart you can choose if it can open long, short or both types of trade.

Of course that would add discretionary decision to the EA. If that decision could be mathematically described, it would be better to build it bundled on the EA.

Id

You are right. Ive never noticed... Is there a chance you would post your EA here?

juchu:
You are right. Ive never noticed... Is there a chance you would post your EA here?

Of course! As soon as I get some comments about its operation from the thread starter. Then I shall correct any problems and post it here.

As I said, the tests results as it is today are not acceptable.

Reason: