_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 124

NTrader:
How can you set the number of spread pips for a backtest? Do you use Alpari quotes? By default they are quotes of 3 pips of spread?

there is Alpari RU, US, UK... you can't really set it anywhere

Rdb

Hi rdb ,

Thanks for help , but still not working.

Damiani filter=False , HideAll=False, HideSL=False , Autorande_SL=False.

Stop Loss Set at 20pips , still giving me a fixed stop loss of 44pips.

Do a backtest from 15 December 2008 , on 19 Dec it drops big with stopLoss.

About the Expert Thunder4Wd

Asalamu alaikum to Muslim traders and Hello to the rest,

I hope u are all well.

I have got the EA "!_rdb_THUNDER4WD_v2a", and I just descovered this thread today. Seems like I have missed alot.

I believe the spread has to be less than 5, as dictated by maxspread parameter.

I live in London, Uk. Do you know any UK based brokers that have this desired spread?

Also, if i was to trade this system manually, how would I do it? what are the conditions to go Long or Short and to exit? Can anyone share this information with me please?

Many Thanks

Take care

Question for rdb

jalp:
Always put your STOPLOST. If your broker practice pips or stoplost hunting, your will be alway a loser there. Change your broker right away. PistolDave is right.

Hi jalp,

Just changing from one bucketshop (broker) to another one won't help. They will all stop hunt -- that is why the stop loss order and take profit order are coded into the EA -- so the broker will not see them.

But to be safe the EA needs to place a hard stop -- a protective stop -- on the broker's server.

Everyone read post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179042/page82

Question to rdb:

can you code the EA so it will place a stop loss order with the broker when the trade is placed so you will be protected if there is a connection failure between my computer and the broker's server? It should be 50-100 pips away and be closed by the EA when price triggers the SL or TP being held by the EA.

Thank you for your help,

PistolDave

FXBabe:
Asalamu alaikum to Muslim traders and Hello to the rest,

I hope u are all well.

I have got the EA "!_rdb_THUNDER4WD_v2a", and I just descovered this thread today. Seems like I have missed alot.

I believe the spread has to be less than 5, as dictated by maxspread parameter.

I live in London, Uk. Do you know any UK based brokers that have this desired spread?

Also, if i was to trade this system manually, how would I do it? what are the conditions to go Long or Short and to exit? Can anyone share this information with me please?

Many Thanks

Take care

run it on MT4 demo and place new trade live once you see demo account opening the trade. same for closing...

_rdb_:
Try to change Hidden_SL=FALSE and Hide_All=FALSE,

all orders will have a fix StopLoss... you need to know about your broker Stops Level before...

All Losing orders will not close ifIndicator Damiani TF M30 still in Sideway Condition... Change Use_Damiani_Filter==FALSE...

I think is not bug... there is my setting for cutloss...

bool SidewayTrade()

{

double DM1_M30 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,"Damiani_Volt",5,8,40,100,1.2,TRUE,0.5,0,0);

double DM2_M30 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,"Damiani_Volt",5,8,40,100,1.2,TRUE,0.5,1,0);

double DM3_M30 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,"Damiani_Volt",5,8,40,100,1.2,TRUE,0.5,2,0);

double DM1_M15 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,"Damiani_Volt",5,8,40,100,1.4,TRUE,0.5,0,0);

double DM2_M15 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,"Damiani_Volt",5,8,40,100,1.4,TRUE,0.5,1,0);

double DM3_M15 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,"Damiani_Volt",5,8,40,100,1.4,TRUE,0.5,2,0);

if(Use_Damiani_Filter==TRUE && DM1_M30<DM3_M30 && DM1_M15<DM3_M15) return (FALSE);

return(TRUE);

}[/PHP]

[PHP]

void CloseAll()

{

for (int cnt = OrdersTotal()-1 ; cnt >= 0; cnt--)

{

OrderSelect(cnt,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == Magic && OrderCloseTime()==0)

{

if (CloseTime() && SecurProfit()==1)

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,xSlippage,Blue);

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL) OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,xSlippage,Red);

}

else

{

if (IsTradeTime())

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY && !SidewayTrade() &&((OrderOpenPrice()-Bid)/SetPoint()) >= xStopLoss)

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,xSlippage,Blue);

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL && !SidewayTrade() && ((Ask-OrderOpenPrice())/SetPoint()) >= xStopLoss)

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,xSlippage,Red);

}

else

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY && GetSignal_IT(OP_BUY)!=1 && ((OrderOpenPrice()-Bid)/SetPoint()) >= xSL_OutSession)

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,xSlippage,Blue);

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL && GetSignal_IT(OP_SELL)!=1 && ((Ask-OrderOpenPrice())/SetPoint()) >= xSL_OutSession)

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,xSlippage,Red);

}

}

}

}

}

you should simply add parameter ProtectiveStop... and set it to f.e. 60-100 pips... this stop would override all other stops etc... once trade is opened then this stop is placed immediately... f.e. 100 pips and if trade closes earlier, then it does... system will manage it internally

fxhst329:
run it on MT4 demo and place new trade live once you see demo account opening the trade. same for closing...

which broker are you using?

FXBabe:
which broker are you using?

Use ODL, or MetaQuotes.net server

man still cant figure out five digit brokers! thought i did but now my journal says this:

17:05:16 Custom indicator MA_AngleZeroSigma EURGBP,M1: loaded successfully

17:05:16 Custom indicator i_Trend EURGBP,M5: loaded successfully

17:05:16 Custom indicator Damiani_Volt EURGBP,M30: loaded successfully

17:05:16 Custom indicator Damiani_Volt EURGBP,M15: loaded successfully

17:05:55 Custom indicator Damiani_Volt EURGBP,M30: loaded successfully

tried adding a 0 to some of the parameters that need a zero behind them but still nothing. any help _rdb_?

PistolDave:
Hi jalp,

But to be safe the EA needs to place a hard stop -- a protective stop -- on the broker's server.

Thank you for your help,

PistolDave

Hello, During the last 24 hours I saw in this thread almost 3 freinds or "freinds" who deal with writing down "A HARD STOP".

I think it is a very bad idea. I think that some of the brokers's self programs include a function for stoplosses hunting, and it does not metter if the stoploss is 100 pips up/down, you will see a spike , and RDB's code overcomes that function, so they are now in a very big problem.

Do not try to write down a HARD stoploss even it is 100 pips up/down. The chart will arrive it.

Reason: