_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 122

Hi RDB,

I Think that your EXL examination is a nice idea. You can with that to have a very good examination and even intoduce suitable improvements. but on the other hand it is too big file to work on.

Anyway, I sent you an very good improvement to your EA (V2) via PM on 13.1.09 , but you did not response to that..... . I think it is a good improvement.

Best regards.

ok, i cannot find a post for v2 your_lucky 5 digit prices .set files. anybody knows what values to change other than spread. i now that's 40 instead of 4 but what other inputs?

hazelj80:
ok, i cannot find a post for v2 your_lucky 5 digit prices .set files. anybody knows what values to change other than spread. i now that's 40 instead of 4 but what other inputs?

Ahh think i found it!

auto9817:
Thanks RDB for your sharing.

You have done good work really!!!

It would be very good if the source was shared too !!!

I have tested your new version Your Lucky EURGBP v2.

and it generally good but there are occasionally big losses ( over 60 pips).

I do not understand. it seems it loses more than StopLoss (28 pips) sometimes.

You could look for some filters to stop your EA entering volatility market and possibly filters out some losing trade situation.

Couple of things you can do. You can use price range at opening time.

or you can use some thing like allgiator type filters.

But hard to tell without code or you may have both of them in your code already!!!!

You could put stop loss and take profit and set as a default options?

I think there need some protection against power failure or internet connection failure.

I am not sure if "Hidden_TP" and "Hidden_SL" was supposed for that.

But when I change them to false, I got order sending errors and EA does not works.

This is only for your information and for improvements.

Thanks for sharing your EA.

Change setting autorange SL and TP to false

Bug

servaldsl:
Change setting autorange SL and TP to false

Even if you turn off Auto TP & SL there are still times it stops loss bigger than set , also the TP is 5 but also TP at 7.

I think there is an bug in these settings.

If anyone could help it would be nice.

Thanks

Lucky v2

Hi there,

I have been using Lucky Version 2 on live account since beginning of this year and so far it has performed extremely well.

If any losses, so far they have been minor.

Regarding the mentioned "big losses" I am wondering a bit whether you are using the EA during the London and New York session? Because it happens VERY rarely, if at all, that you have moves of 60 and more pips in one direction during Asia session. Most of the time >EUR/GBP moves in a range of 30 to 40 pips....

Just MHO,

4rexlady_de

LNCS Pips:
Even if you turn off Auto TP & SL there are still times it stops loss bigger than set , also the TP is 5 but also TP at 7.

I think there is an bug in these settings.

If anyone could help it would be nice.

Thanks

You can don t believe me but try to search by yourself.

If my indication don t convince you, i am sure other will find the settings...

I will not feed you, search by yourself.

Believe me V2 have no bug. You don t find, that s the bug:rolleyes:

fxhst329:
The best thing I must note... this was tested in ALPARI with 5 PIP SPREADS!!! so if the system is optimized and has some internal functions... as you see it can work with 5 pip spread brokers... not sure what is inside and how they've done it, but it seems to work. I hope it will keep working...

How can you set the number of spread pips for a backtest?

Do you use Alpari quotes? By default they are quotes of 3 pips of spread?

Warning

Hi friends,

I have had very good results so far -- in demo testing only since Jan. 12.

Everyone seems to be concerned with settings and how to squeeze more profit from the EA, but there is a more urgent problem to deal with first...

Have you considered what would happen to your account if you are running this EA and you have open trades and you lose your data feed or lose your connection with your broker's server?

Think about it. This may have happened to you:

Have you been running MT4 and seen the "connection status" icon on the platform go to "no connection" and stay red for several minutes? You old hands already know, but for the new traders here I think you need a heads-up on what is happening with that. It's not your computer, or your internet connection, or whatever -- it's your broker stopping the data feed. And it can be down for anytime from several minutes to several hours. ATC recently had their servers go down for nearly 7 hours right before the NFP report on the first Friday of this month. That's rare, but the disconnects happen often and they happen with every bucketshop broker I have used over the last two years. FXDD is famous for cutting you off at any type of "fast market" conditions. Alpari does it, so does MIG, IBFX, FIBO, and all the rest. It's just another one of their regular and normal ways to screw us out of our money. This is in addition to the requotes, price spikes, stop hunting, etc. that they always use.

Ok, I know you want me to get to the point. The issue is that with this EA, like it's coded presently, there is no hard stop placed on the broker's server along with the trade entry. I understand the reason for having the "hidden stop" and "hidden TP" being coded into the EA to avoid stop hunting by the broker, but considering what I just said about the data feed disconnect, you are putting yourself in an exremely risky situation if you lose your connection for any reason with open orders and no way to close them. Running the EA on a VPS would solve the connection problems originating from the platform side, but would still leave you vulnerable from disconnection on the broker's server side.

And that's where the problem almost always comes from. It's them pausing the action just long enough to screw you.

The bottom line is, having open trades in the market without a hard stop in place on the broker's server and experiencing one of the broker's frequent disconnects combined with a large price move against your position would at minimum cause you a huge loss in your account, and very possibly a margin call and a blown account.

I admit, trading this method reduces the probability of this occurring because of the low volatility during the Asian session but somehow, sometime, sooner or later it's going to get you. All it takes is one time.

So it looks like you're dammed if you do -- damned if you don't.

The solution that comes to mind is to find a way to code the EA so it can place an "emergency" stop with the order, say 50-100 pips away and keep it open in case everything goes wrong. If everything goes as it should, when your trade is closed by the EA it could close the resting hard stop at the same time. That should not be too hard to add to the EA's code. It would be cheap insurance against total disaster should everything wrong at once.

Another alternative is to make sure your broker has a customer service department manned 24/7 with an order desk that can close all your trades immediately by phone. Keep their phone number on your speed dial close by at all times. And I doubt this is likely to work as they will probably be covered up with a flood of calls during those times. I suggest testing that idea before you need it urgently.

Anyway, I hope to hear from some of you who may (or may not) have thought about this. I've been trading forex and dealing with these scumbag forex brokers long enough to be concerned with safety first.

All the best,

PistolDave

4rexLady_de:

I have been using Lucky Version 2 on live account since beginning of this year and so far it has performed extremely well.

If any losses, so far they have been minor.

With what broker?

Reason: