[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 130

Victor, well you've set the DC's work, it's good that it's virtual for now! Why does it remove the just placed order at once? That's why we should keep checking it all the time, experimenting and gradually accumulating skills. Any TS is fine-tuned in the tester. If everything is acceptable, you may use the demo mode and, again, get a lot of ideas and variants. You are doing it for yourself, so this is our daily and creative work. So, you will get what you want! Success!

I would like to add, that we don't need to set SL and TP in postponies, because we needn't worry for brokerage companies. We do not need to set SL and TP, we just need positions. In the pending orders it makes sense to modify only the opening price, if necessary, and to delete only for a good reason.

borilunad:

Victor, well you've set the DC's work, it's good that it's virtual for now! Why does it remove the just placed order at once? That's why we should keep checking it all the time, experimenting and gradually accumulating skills. Any TS is fine-tuned in the tester. If everything is acceptable, you may use the demo and, again, get a lot of ideas and variants. You are doing it for yourself, so this is our daily and creative work. So, you will get what you want! Success!

I would like to add, that we don't need to set SL and TP in the postponies, because we needn't worry for the brokerage company. We do not need to set SL and TP, we just need positions. In the pending orders, it makes sense to modify only the opening price if necessary and delete it only for a good reason.

However, it seems to me that it is safer to set a stop in the pending orders (in case of a connection failure). After all, if there is a pending order without a stop, it is not a position yet, and there is enough time to set a stop before the order triggers. After it triggers, the position will have a protective stop that will prevent the deposit from being lost in case the connection is lost.

Now imagine that an order without a stop triggered and the connection with the server is lost... Would you call Technical Support by phone and ask them to place a stop on your position?

borilunad:

Victor, well you've set the DC's work, it's good that it's virtual for now! Why does it immediately delete the order you just put?

Who told you that right away? My strategy allows me to check conditions at the opening of a bar. If there are no market entry conditions, the order is deleted. Once per bar. Where is it at once? Once in a bar is a lot? I'm not trading on ticks, after all. Why are you so surprised?

Because if a new bar comes and the pending order placed on the previous bar is not an option anymore and according to the conditions it is not in the most adequate place, then it must be removed. In my opinion, this is correct. What is wrong?

In fact, we are not talking about deleted orders but about orders that are not put in the right places. This is what I was asking to pay attention to :). Any thoughts on this?

artmedia70:

However, it seems to me that setting a stop in pending orders is more reliable (in case of a connection failure). After all, if we have a pending position without a stop, it is not a position yet and there is enough time to set a stop before the pending order triggers. After it triggers, the position will have a protective stop that will prevent the deposit from being lost in case the connection is lost.

Now imagine that an order without a stop has triggered and the connection with the server is lost. Would you call technical support by phone and ask them to put a stop on your position?

That's right. In my opinion, it is OK to place a stop. In my opinion, it is OK to put a stop on your position. If it is not a warehouse, there should be no problems.

hoz:

That's right. In my opinion, it's OK to put a stop. A brokerage company is a brokerage company that executes orders. If it's not a kitchen, there shouldn't be any problems.

If BC has an inadequate reaction to an adequate trade - run away from this kitchen.

I understand when, for example, there is no price or it has changed and EA is pounding the server with ridiculous orders - that's right... But stops... Especially in a pending order - you set them and forget about it. When you transform into a position, it's not annoying to modify a stop (an adequate one)... So, imho, it is better to do everything in a pending order - it is more reliable.

Hello, a search didn't yield anything.

How can I write an n-dimensional array to a CSV file? Found that you can write to a file. but it doesn't fit.

double Arr[2][2];
   Arr[0][0]=11;
   Arr[0][1]=12;   
   Arr[1][0]=21;     
   Arr[1][1]=22;

int h=FileOpen("test",FILE_BIN|FILE_WRITE);
   FileWriteArray(h,Arr,0,4)

FileClose(h);

It is important to get an excel file.

Thank you.

Hello, dear friends!
What do you think works faster?
Variant 1: The Expert Advisor has two identical indicators attached to it, but with different parameters.
Variant 2: The Expert Advisor accesses the same indicator twice, but with a different set of parameters transmitted.

Leo59:
Hello, dear friends!
What do you think works faster?
Variant 1: The Expert Advisor has two identical indicators attached to it, but with different parameters.
Variant 2: The Expert Advisor accesses the same indicator twice, but with a different set of parameters transmitted.

is the same thing.

Answer yourself the question -
Variant 1. two identical indicators are attached to the chart, but with different parameters.
Variant 2. the same indicator is attached to the chart, but with a different set of parameters.

don't you think it's a buttery question?

sergeev:

it is the same thing.

answer yourself the question -
Option 1. there are two identical indices attached to the chart, but with different parameters.
Option 2. the chart has the same indicator, but with a different set of parameters.

doesn't it seem like an oil question?

Thanks for the reply!

Maybe it does. Except why, it's not clear.
When there are two indicators, there is no noticeable difference. But when there are two hundred indicators, then maybe the difference becomes noticeable.

artmedia70:

However, it seems to me that setting a stop in a pending order is more reliable (in case of a connection failure). After all, if there is a position without a stop, it is not a position yet, and there is enough time to set a stop before the position triggers. After it triggers, the position will have a protective stop that will prevent the deposit from being lost in case the connection is lost.

Now imagine that an order without a stop has triggered and the connection with the server is lost. Would you call technical support and ask them to put a stop on your position?

You are right, of course! But before we get to the Demo, especially before the Real. Victor should outline his TS in a simple way, because the tester rejects losing variants, so there will be more viable variants with profitable entries and then we can configure everything we need to protect against surprises. And I'm a supporter of always setting and then modifying, as most brokerage companies do not accept everything at once, maybe at this point there are many openings, and it's faster and error-free to go without SL and then modify. As always thank you for the many tips given to me!

Snegovik:

Hello, a search didn't yield anything.

How can I write an n-dimensional array to a CSV file? Found that you can write to a file. but it doesn't fit.

FileClose(h);

It is important to get an excel file.

Thank you.

bool Flag=true;
int start()
  {
 double Arr[2][2];
   Arr[0][0]=11.12345678;
   Arr[0][1]=12;   
   Arr[1][0]=21;     
   Arr[1][1]=22;
   int h;