Everything about RSI - page 19

MTF Digital RSI.

Can anyone make the attached Digital RSI indicator into a MTF?

RSI Filter v1.2 indicator was created (elite section) - see this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

just for information.

Rsi - floating levels ...

Possible solution for one known RSI problem ...

As useful RSI is, one property it has is limiting its usefulness - the "flattening property". With RSI the problem is that the longer the RSI period is, the flatter the RSI is. Here is an example : upper is 9 period RSI with usual 20-80 levels and lower is 50 period RSI with those same levels

It is obvious that same levels are not worth for both RSIs and that the lower will almost never reach those levels. It is also obvious that RSI tends to "work" within certain range of values depending on its length. And that is the idea of the attached indicator : to use that range as a basis for levels and to adapt itself to changes in those ranges to mark the trading levels. Results for the above case is this :

It is obvious that all of a sudden RSI can be a trending indicator (since even on longer calculating lengths levels are kept at usable values) and that the problem of flattening is, at least in its bigger part, solved this way. That way it is giving a bit of a "new life" to the good old RSI

Files:

not into RSI

as it mainly get a measure into momentum for regular period

of course , some of the market condition esp JPY fit into this category

but I got a kickstart from another forum reader ARTVOR here, I got similar thought process with the latest MLADEN indicator as of today--- but I still quite puzzle for the before and after picture

Please help with rsi indicator adding time frame and currency alert to it

Please, need help with this RSI indicator. It is a RSI indicator that has alerts with sound and can send emails, but it does not tell you the timeframe that it is on and it also does not tell you which currency it is for. If some one could please add those functions on there I would be greatfull to you indeed. For what I am trying to accomplish, this is the only draw back for me. Since I don't have time to sit in front of my computer all day, this would be so great. Thank you very much.

rikiolivier

Here you go It did show you the symbol even in the previous version, added now the time frame it is applied for

rikiolivier:
Please, need help with this RSI indicator. It is a RSI indicator that has alerts with sound and can send emails, but it does not tell you the timeframe that it is on and it also does not tell you which currency it is for. If some one could please add those functions on there I would be greatfull to you indeed. For what I am trying to accomplish, this is the only draw back for me. Since I don't have time to sit in front of my computer all day, this would be so great. Thank you very much.

VWMA of a RSI

Hi guys,

I would like to ask if anyone has built (in mq4) a volume weighted movinge average (VWMA) of a RSI.

thank you in advanced,

NikMex

VWMA of RSI ...

This should be it Gray line is the rsi itself. You can turn the rsi line off with RsiVisible and then you get something like the second picture

vwma_of_rsi.mq4

NikMex:
Hi guys,

I would like to ask if anyone has built (in mq4) a volume weighted movinge average (VWMA) of a RSI.

thank you in advanced,

NikMex
Files:

Volume weighted RSI ...

A variation on the previous post. Originally I found this in a book "Trading Systems and Methods" 4th edition, by Perry Kaufman ...

The idea found there is to weight the prices used in rsi calculation by volume. But, since in forex all we have is "tick volume", if we apply the simple volume*price weighing, all we are going to get is a bit modified rsi of volume (volume being the dominant in that equitation) So, instead of using it that way, decided to weight the difference of prices (that is used in internal rsi calculation) with volume. This is the resulting indicator : it seems to be more responsive and in times of high activity it emphasizes prices moves a bit better than the regular rsi.

On the picture : red is the volume weighted RSI and gray is the regular rsi (same period, same price) :

volume_weighted_rsi.mq4

A kind of rsi dashboard ...

It shows states / slopes of 4 time frame rsi. Depending on the ColorsForSlope parameter it will show slope of the rsi (like lower one on the example picture) or the current relative value compared to RsiLevelUp (overbought) and RsiLevelDown (oversold) in which case a third state (in between those 2 values) is indicated by the lack of color. That way one can (by combining 2 instances of this indicator) monitor most of the information of 4 time frame rsis (just set the UniqueID parameter to unque values for each instance attached to the same chart).

Here is an example with ColorsForSlope set to false (upper) and ColorsForSlope set to true (lower) for same time frames monitored :

Reason: