Thanks CJA...I used to have this one...but deleted by mistake a long time ago...it worked:)
using RSI (1) average...
please post bottom indictor as shown in the image RSI
Here is one more RSI with parabolic SAR applied to it.
I simply used the existing parabolic SAR and replaced high and low prices with RSI. Rsi can be smoothed (triangular ma used (regular, non-recalculating triangular moving average, so no recalculating)) or in its raw format. So no need to try to decipher decompiled code : it is much easier to read this one.
PS: there will be difference between this one and the one posted by cja. This one is using the smoothed (or unsmoothed, if Smooth rsi is set to <= 1) in calculation, while that one is always using unsmoothed value in calculation (not the one you see on chart) so the difference will come from that
RSI's by MLADEN
Thanks for the nice Indicators
Thank You...Good one!
RSI & Average & Alerts - Test Display Values
Use this one.
This one allows even rsi length 1 (which is impossible with the built in metatrader rsi).]
First of all, I always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for all your help to so many others here.
And I'm always learning something new from your excellent coding skills...so thanks for all the great indicators to learn from...
I have a few questions about the indicator you recently posted - RSI & Average & Alerts
I have not see this type of coding in an indicator before...so...to study it...I added screen comments to watch the indicator values changing on the chart as I ran it on the strategy tester.
What I found was curious -
1) There are 5 buffers - (4) indicated in #property indicator_buffers 4...and (5) in the IndicatorBuffers(5). Should these match?
2) In the Plot and CleanPoint functions...I know what a basic "double" variable is...but what does "double&" mean? All I found in the MT4 documentation was that it is used to import something? I don't see any dll import or anything else imported in the indicator?
Plus the CleanPoint function formulas appear different for the "first" and "second" values...? Should the second have..."&& (second"...to match..."&& (first"..or is there a reason that is left off for the second value? (Line 207 in test version)
3) Where do the values for rsiada and rsiadb get assigned? I could not find any place where they get their values? I'm usually able to trace the values through the indicators...but not this one? How are you doing this mystery coding to assign rsiada and rsiadb buffers their values...?
When I watch the indicator values and lines changing on the chart...the Slope value appears fine changing from 1 to -1, along with the constant changing rsi and rsia values and line colors.
To display the values, I named them rsiada UP and rsiadb DN...as I thought that's what they represented...but after I watched the indicator a number of times, they don't seem to have a direct correlation?
4) In addition, as I watch the screen values...the rsiadb values don't change much at all, most always showing the "empty value - 2127483647" and changing only rarely. It's mostly just the rsiada values changing all the time. I was assuming the RSI crossing down and the PaleVioletRed Line going down would set the rsiab values as the down trend, but the rsiadb values rarely changed. Quite confusing. Then I noticed that the color PaleVioletRed was assigned to both rsiada and rsiadb...so I changed the rsiadb color to Yellow just to see what it was doing...and then I could finally match up the rare rsiadb values with the Yellow Line when it showed up.
So now I can see both the rsiadb value and the Yellow Line when they finally occur...only as a quick short Yellow section...but still they rarely show up at all...seems like it's an unbalanced ratio like "100 rsiada" to "1 rsiadb" or something odd like that...? Seems the ratio would average out balanced over time (as most cycles do).
5) Was there a reason you colored both rsiada and rsiadb the PaleVioletRed color...and why does rsiadb show up so rarely and what does it actually represent...?
I have attached my test version with the screen display for the values with the Yellow line changes to show this condition...
Test Version = RSI & Average & Alerts - Test-DisplayValues
Thanks in advance for any help in understanding how this indicator works...!
The answers :
Thanks for the detailed description of how this indi works.
Before I didn't quite understand what the "pass through values" were when I read the not so good MT4 documentation.
You helped a lot! Makes much more sense now.
And I see what you mean about using rsiabd to avoid the repainting issue. Interesting approach!
Thanks so much for your help with this..! I'm learning a lot..and still have a lot more to learn..!
Take care and thanks,
Parabolic RSI 2 ...
As a consequence of this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177358
This one is upgraded, updated and more options added to it. Also, it is suing a kind of a "generic" RSI. Instead of using one RSI for calculation it is using two RSIs : rsi of high and rsi of low. The value displayed is an average of those 2 (that way it becomes a generic - it is not the same as if one would use rsi of median price). This version uses the correct parabolic function (it can be used as a template how to use the function on any value) and is "abusing" almost all that that function can output as a result. Added alerts too. Also, it is faster (it calculates only the necessary number of changed bars, for one)
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.