Blessing 2 - page 104

Really good results these George.

Pardon my ignorance but what is difference between your set file and the optimized one that Iron provided recently

georgedim:
Hello everyone,

We should consider ourselves lucky to be given such a powerful tool for trading.

FE, Iron and others, have spent thousands of hours to perfect this EA.

The only way we can be grateful to them, is to express our appreciation and:

Optimize, Back test, Forward test and Post the results and the xxx .set files.

Here is another demo on Eur/Usd since 11 of March.

Best Regards

George

Rob is right, with Twice recommended settings (Iron recommends 2500usd/pair on 10 cents pip) you're pretty safe but who knows how far can decide to move fx currencies tomorrow ? remember october 2008, who could say it will fall so deep ? The more you have the better you'll sleep...

I've been using 5000usd / Pair during 3 months. I'll probably use 7500/pair after that balance grows enough. Forex is crazy, like if it was a smart guy, being very calm for weeks letting people bet higher and higher lots, and then shaking crazy all that stuff to take all this big lots people thought they could not lose. It can jump on you faster than you can move your mouse... I learnt to wait and keep being conservative even when markets are calm for long periods because i know it can totally change next hour.

THis days are really quite, but once it'll shake you'll be happy to have 5000usd or even more per traded pair. I often had 8 or 9 levels, i already had 11 on one pair and another pair with 9 at same time. That was ok : i never lost. The more room you have to let ea breath the longer your balance will keep growing. And i feel more confortable psychologically to have little steady profits everyday than having a big loss once in a while...

We can't predict the market but we can be smarter than it...

whitesand123:
Thanks bobster. One question: is this set file for 5 minute chart?

Yes it is. I'll post some forward test results on the weekend (I'm testing Piplite GBPUSD and Blessing EURUSD, both with settings which had < 25% drawdown since jan 2009).

Moving averages

Sorry to hear about your predicament, George. Let's

hope things work out for you. I just took a look at a

chart for audusd and plotted a 25EMA and 100EMA.

I generally always want Blessing to be on the side

of the trend when it is entering orders. You can see

within the last couple of weeks, that price got stuck

below the shorter MA, forcing Blessing to initiate

sells, even though it quickly penetrated the MA and

started trending. You can see that the 100MA supported

the overall trend, which would have resulted in buy

orders.

Did your basket start at one of those points just below

the shorter MA?

Files:

ChicagoRob:
Sorry to hear about your predicament, George. Let's

hope things work out for you. I just took a look at a

chart for audusd and plotted a 25EMA and 100EMA.

I generally always want Blessing to be on the side

of the trend when it is entering orders. You can see

within the last couple of weeks, that price got stuck

below the shorter MA, forcing Blessing to initiate

sells, even though it quickly penetrated the MA and

started trending. You can see that the 100MA supported

the overall trend, which would have resulted in buy

orders.

Did your basket start at one of those points just below

the shorter MA?

Thanks Rob,

It was farther to the left, on the 28th of April at 5.22.

What you’ve sad in the earlier post, regarding the monetary size of the account, plays a major part in the working of the Blessing, is very true.

Regardless of the MA at one time or another, you will be on the wrong side of the trend, and that is how Blessing is making greater profits, as long as that trend doesn’t happen to be 600 pips and over.

And if it does happen, then the size of your account is crucial, to stop the blowout.

By no means am I trying to defend my using MA 25. That gave me the best results on the back testing in a long run, but as the saying goes: “Nothing can substitute the real thing”

I think it has a chance of recovery, depending on the NFP, and if I can find a fast enough pigeon to drop some money into Alpari’s UK bank today.

Thanks again,

George

ChicagoRob:
I see a bear candle forming. After a run this big, you

would think the move would be exhausted. What's your TP?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Best Regards

George