Blessing 2 - page 9

My Update

All,

Yes, this is a good EA but it had some issues with the lots. I took the liberty of tweeking the code slightly to allow it to trade microlots. Since then, it's done me very well on my demo accounts. I also added an internal magic number generator (thanks to pipmaker!). I've attached the Blessing file with my updates done internally. I hope the owner likes the ever so small changes. I've also attached my set file backtested for 2 years. Additionally, I've attached a word doc describing the settings. If anyone wants to "clean up" some random elements in the code...go for it! This EA, I've found, works successfully on accounts >$5000. On my $50K practice account, it's earned me well over $10K in three weeks. Enjoy!

v/r

Jeff

lron:
All,

Yes, this is a good EA but it had some issues with the lots. I took the liberty of tweeking the code slightly to allow it to trade microlots. Since then, it's done me very well on my demo accounts. I also added an internal magic number generator (thanks to pipmaker!). I've attached the Blessing file with my updates done internally. I hope the owner likes the ever so small changes. I've also attached my set file backtested for 2 years. Additionally, I've attached a word doc describing the settings. If anyone wants to "clean up" some random elements in the code...go for it! This EA, I've found, works successfully on accounts >$5000. On my $50K practice account, it's earned me well over $10K in three weeks. Enjoy!

v/r

Jeff

I thought v3.3 already traded micro-lots.

Nobody likes this idea?

I guess nobody likes the idea because I could get any comments?! Maybe it's already been done.

karlorihoo:
This is my second time posting to this forum. I've actually put this comment in the v1+v2mini thread but can't get a response from anybody. I'll put it here and see what you guys think. I'm not sure if this makes sense but can someone (maybe fifthelement) program this ea a little different from what it's doing now. Why aren't the lots increased towards the trend. Example:

buy .1 and sell .1 -- buy takes profit because it's an uptrend

now we have

buy .1 and sell .1 + sell .2 -- again buy takes profit because of an uptrend

now we have

buy .2 and sell .1 + sell .2 + sell .4 --buy of .2 takes profit and keeps trending up

now we keep increasing the buy

buy .4 and sell .1 + sell .2 + sell .4 and sell .8 and so on

keeping the winning trade lot size increasing but always half of the highest losing trade side.

But as soon as the trend reverses, the ea must close ALL buy and sell orders and it will still be in profit instead of a loss.

There are many benefits to this style of trading instead of the original one. If someone can try this and revive this ea and maybe even the v1+v2mini which is what I've had much success with. Thank you.

Karlo.

Micro Lots

All,

Blessing in it's origonal format, traded down to mini lots, not micro. When I backtested the origonal, it would only open lots of .1 or .2 etc. When I changed the code slightly, it allowed lots of .01, .02 and variations thereof. This significantly improved Blessing's behavior through it's hedging scheme. Try the updated version by backtesting with the settings included above...you'll see!

v/r

Jeff

lron:
All,

Blessing in it's origonal format, traded down to mini lots, not micro. When I backtested the origonal, it would only open lots of .1 or .2 etc. When I changed the code slightly, it allowed lots of .01, .02 and variations thereof. This significantly improved Blessing's behavior through it's hedging scheme. Try the updated version by backtesting with the settings included above...you'll see!

v/r

Jeff

Thanks for your input, settings, recommendations, etc. I'm running

v3.3 right now - it has a micro-lot parameter, unlike the original.

It's trading .05 lots on my IBFX mini, without any problems.

One thing I've discovered about Blessing2 is that it has the potential

to make a lot of money. I have another demo running at .1 lots and it

is banking serious profits. It hasn't traded anything bigger than 1.2

lots, but you never know what's around the next corner. I think this

EA can do the job, once it's dialed-in.

Rob

blessing 2

FiFtHeLeMeNt:
longtime ago I wrote an expert based on a strategy named Blessing , it was discussed a long time on forex-tsd , but unfortunately its thread was deleted by mistake. now I am glad to announce a new version of Blessing is available.

I named it Blessing 2. it has many more features compared to first version of blessing and it works by stop and limit orders rather than spot orders.

For the people who are not familiar with Blessing idea , it is an EA which works based on grid and martingale theories.

it enters the market in one direction ( which you may specify ) , and if didnt hit the profit , after specific amount of loss , it opens a double lot trade in the same direction of first trade , hoping it will retrace and hit the TP and close all open trades.

I believe blessing 2 is a great tool to trade forex markets.

I would be glad to hear your ideas and feedback regarding this expert. I would suggest you to run it in backtester visually to see how it works in action.

Important Settings :

lot : starting lot

Micro : using micro lots (0.01 lots)

MC : Market Condition , 0=uptrend (only opens buy orders), 1=downtrend (only opens sell orders) , 2=range (opens both buy and sell orders)

MCbyMA : defines market condition by EMA , if price is above EMA , it will take it as an uptrend and goes only long , vice versa for below the EMA.

MA_Period : Period of EMA

LotInc : Lot Increment on each level

TimeGrid : Time Grid in seconds , to avoid opening of lots of levels in fast market

GridSet1 : Set 1 Grid Size

TP_Set1 : Set 1 Take Profit

GridSet2 : level 2 Grid Size

TP_Set2 : level 2 Take Profit

GridSet3 : level 3 Grid Size

TP_Set3 : level 3 Take Profit

d : used to offset entry to round numbers , for example if you set g=50 and d=5 , it will places its sell order on 1.5795 instead of 1.5780

Set1Count : level 1 max levels

Set2Count : level 2 max levels

MaxLevel : level 2 max levels ( stops placing orders when reaches maxlvl2 )

BELevel : Close All level , when reaches this level doesnt wait for TP to be hit , if overall profit >= 0 , closes all orders

PLEASE NOTE ALWAYS THE LATEST VERSION OF EA WILL BE POSTED ON THIS POST.

I would recommend to attach this EA ( Version 3.3 ) to H4 or daily chart and fine tune MA_Period.

how can i attach to my mt4 ...pls advise.. tks

Might help if you read the MT4 instructions...

millyjim:
how can i attach to my mt4 ...pls advise.. tks

If you have never used Metatrader before, you should get used to how to use its functions before attaching any EA's to your charts.

That said, first close Metatrader, then put the EA in your Experts folder under %systemdrive%\program files\Your_MT4_Folder. Now restart Metatrader and look under your Expert Advisors in the Navigator window.

Go to Tools > Options > Expert Advisors tab and check Enable Expert Advisors, Allow live trading and Allow DLL imports. Uncheck Ask manual confirmation and confirm DLL fuction calls. Then click OK

Make sure the Expert Advisors button is pressed. Next, drag the EA to your chart and set the EA as per your requirements.

I would recommend familiarizing yourself with this strategy before you implement the EA as you must be aware of the potential drawdowns using this method.

Here is attactment on how to

Hi Karlo

You might need to redo your maths again. I am new to this forum also but I am guessing that this is probably why no one is answering you

Because you continue to sell while taking profits you are compounding a negative giving you major losses.

Supposing that you have a B/S margin of 10 Pips then your example alone suggests a loss of 180 Pips * $value

Just a thought

Regards

JBear

karlorihoo:
This is my second time posting to this forum. I've actually put this comment in the v1+v2mini thread but can't get a response from anybody. I'll put it here and see what you guys think. I'm not sure if this makes sense but can someone (maybe fifthelement) program this ea a little different from what it's doing now. Why aren't the lots increased towards the trend. Example:

buy .1 and sell .1 -- buy takes profit because it's an uptrend

now we have

buy .1 and sell .1 + sell .2 -- again buy takes profit because of an uptrend

now we have

buy .2 and sell .1 + sell .2 + sell .4 --buy of .2 takes profit and keeps trending up

now we keep increasing the buy

buy .4 and sell .1 + sell .2 + sell .4 and sell .8 and so on

keeping the winning trade lot size increasing but always half of the highest losing trade side.

But as soon as the trend reverses, the ea must close ALL buy and sell orders and it will still be in profit instead of a loss.

There are many benefits to this style of trading instead of the original one. If someone can try this and revive this ea and maybe even the v1+v2mini which is what I've had much success with. Thank you.

Karlo.

hi. Question

karlorihoo:
I guess nobody likes the idea because I could get any comments?! Maybe it's already been done.

i ve been using this kind of EA with mixed results. I ve read most of this thread and blessing ea original thread. There s something about this EA i dont understand i d like someone could explain to me.

Why does it hove 3 differents GridSet and TP? i tried to run on Demo and visual mode on strategy builder and still cant get the idea

Hope someone can answer, thanks

Reason: