PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 58

elepoutre:
Which version of the expert are you testing, and with which settings? Reading back all the threads, it s difficult to figure out..

me too...i am using PipMakerV5aNeo_Enhanced_V2.mq4 w/o sl using duyduy setting on gbpusd but let the open buy and sell true or do we have to run 2 pairs as per instruction at mq4 stated, " How To Use:...GBPUSD --> TradeLong=true and EURUSD --> TradeShort=true..so far so good don't know when it going to blow my ac .

what setting should i put to let it run backtesting? it only run for 1 day after achieve the target the ea wont run any more.

does anybody know if there is there a way to make it so that this ea shuts down when the equity drops below the balance???

i would also like a way to turn it on and off if thats possible without turning off my EA thanks in advance

ruparaw:
me too...i am using PipMakerV5aNeo_Enhanced_V2.mq4 w/o sl using duyduy setting on gbpusd but let the open buy and sell true or do we have to run 2 pairs as per instruction at mq4 stated, " How To Use:...GBPUSD --> TradeLong=true and EURUSD --> TradeShort=true..so far so good don't know when it going to blow my ac . what setting should i put to let it run backtesting? it only run for 1 day after achieve the target the ea wont run any more.

yes, if your session target was achived, the EA won't open any positions again.

tiger_wong:
Yes, it will be okay to test with these conditions. But the problem is, what indicators that can detect trend very well? Do you have any suggestions?

THIS is the main problem for all eas, as we know...

i think there is no need for a too sophisticated indicator, an ema or sma at higher tf should do the work. if angle (sma) > yy then close open positions.

With your mod2 (SL) version you can activate the sl if "trend"=true?

i think something like this should work, remember we only need to act in STRONG trends, otherwise we choke this ea.

what is meant by price action and how can we use it as an indicator instead of an EA.

thanks for the help tiger_wong

Hy all, i'm an italian trader

i think that the problem of pipmaker ( a good version is V9-1) is the work in one direction: it's ok if work only long or only short; if it work long/short it's not so better.

The problem is to insert into it a trend indicator that give it the basically trend: what do you think?

So, if we have into system a trend indicator, the PipMaker could work in that direction!!!

So when this trend indicator (based on time frame daily) go long, our pipmaker work only with buy trades and viceversa.

What do you think?

Kind rgds

Ones

www.consultingtrading.it - home page

Files:
Reason: