Blessing 2 - page 159

Slack:
Man, I'm still trying to drop in. Dang Stoch is being very stubborn.

I *do* have a couple of Stoch/Blessing demos running. The 200/20/20 settings are definitely not orthodox, since standard settings are usually 14/3/3, or lower. When you put the 200/20/20 stoch on a chart, you can see that it is acting very much like a trend indicator with a large degree of smoothing.

Rob

Files:

ChicagoRob:
I *do* have a couple of Stoch/Blessing demos running. The 200/20/20 settings are definitely not orthodox, since standard settings are usually 14/3/3, or lower. When you put the 200/20/20 stoch on a chart, you can see that it is acting very much like a trend indicator with a large degree of smoothing. Rob

Yeah, I see what you mean. But the 50,5,5 on 4Hr eurusd is giving me some pause. Every couple months, it will knock you out of the market for a week or so, sometimes longer. Not a big deal most of the time, but if you're holding several levels -ve float when you hit the sand patch.... well, I need to see what happens.

Back into the lab for me for some more testing. I need more patience before going live.

pudseybear:
Is anybody else sweating on Eurusd? I'm on 8th level (10 cent account) and thinking of bailing out, can't see this thing turning around.

i have the same situation but on one of my demos. tp is set to 1.4149, is it the same thing with you. dont give up

Yes tp on this eurusd trade is 1.4149

It came close to hitting it today but they seem to be turning it around.

I'm hanging in, been in since beginning of last week

pudseybear:
Yes tp on this eurusd trade is 1.4149

It came close to hitting it today but they seem to be turning it around.

I'm hanging in, been in since beginning of last week

I wouldn't worry. You've got tons of float left and there's major resistance at 1.42490.

Rob

Blessing

First let me compliment you on a very interesting EA. Demoed both the Blessing 2v 5.2 with Stochastic with the dll file and then latest release Blessing 5.2. Both worked great on a demo account on FXDD. Four pairs, $1K. Went to a live account, 4 pairs $1K and nothing happens, same broker, just switched accounts on same platform. Being new to all of this, I'm not sure what can go wrong. Is it the broker? My set up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm been very impressed with this site and the depth of knowledge, experience and compassion traders have for one another or to help each other to persevere in a very interesting and more often than not, challenging endeavor.

Thank you.

Paulmg8305:
First let me compliment you on a very interesting EA. Demoed both the Blessing 2v 5.2 with Stochastic with the dll file and then latest release Blessing 5.2. Both worked great on a demo account on FXDD. Four pairs, $1K. Went to a live account, 4 pairs $1K and nothing happens, same broker, just switched accounts on same platform. Being new to all of this, I'm not sure what can go wrong. Is it the broker? My set up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm been very impressed with this site and the depth of knowledge, experience and compassion traders have for one another or to help each other to persevere in a very interesting and more often than not, challenging endeavor.

Thank you.

You're running four pairs on $1000, with 10-cent pips?

The absolute minimum for Blessing, is four pairs on $1K,

with 1-cent pips. You need a minimum of $2500/pair, if you want to trade 10-cent pips.

It may be a Blessing(pun intended)that your live account has not been trading.

Rob

Hit EP on USD/CAD

CRAP! Luckily I had built a little cushion-- went from 60K to 71K in about a month of live trading. This pretty much put me back to square one. A little less, actually, because I'm still in a bad spot with AUD/CAD sitting at 9 levels. I may have to jettison USD/CAD for good. Depressing.

mikael

noogan:
CRAP! Luckily I had built a little cushion-- went from 60K to 71K in about a month of live trading. This pretty much put me back to square one. A little less, actually, because I'm still in a bad spot with AUD/CAD sitting at 9 levels. I may have to jettison USD/CAD for good. Depressing.l

Because of the Draw Down issue, I have completely switched over to Blessing 2 with Stoch. I have been running them side by side and the Draw Down is over half with the Stoch version with more profit. I would suggest switching over to the Stoch version as it appears to be safer.

holyguy7:
Because of the Draw Down issue, I have completely switched over to Blessing 2 with Stoch. I have been running them side by side and the Draw Down is over half with the Stoch version with more profit. I would suggest switching over to the Stoch version as it appears to be safer.

but it looks like you dont run same pairs on stoch modified version.

Did you compare the 5.2 version and the stoch version with very same pairs on same period ?

Reason: