Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 62

primajaya:
Not good enough.. I'd tried this indicator long time ago... trust me. Pj

Thats why I posted the questoin ... thanks for your feedback and I trust you, so no need to wast time on it...

One thing I have noticed with most of the EAs, is that once it takes a hit I mean a loss it happens in a row, like we don't see only one loss, if it happens it comes like two or three in a row, and due to far stoploss the loss really takes the profit !!! has anyone noticed that ?

True Minime

Hi all

What you are saying is true Minime (Dont Know if the hedging can help in that).

Anyway Find below the statements of din v2.4 for the last 2 weeks (Standard settings).

As I said before the NZD/JPY is the most profitable pair till now.

Best luck for all the traders.

Regards

gdreporter:
Hi all

What you are saying is true Minime (Dont Know if the hedging can help in that).

Anyway Find below the statements of din v2.4 for the last 2 weeks (Standard settings).

As I said before the NZD/JPY is the most profitable pair till now.

Best luck for all the traders.

Regards

Thanks a lot gdreporter for sharing your tests, and it shows exactly what I am talking about, once a pair lose a trade it lose like 2 or 3 times in a row, and this is not only for DIN this is for most of the EAs I have tested.

When I trade if I lost a big trade, I take a break from trading sometimes for a week.... maybe this is what we need to do, is to switch the EA for the sometime on a losing pair giving the market sometime to correct its signals ... cause we do all the right steps ...and yet the market reverse on some of the trades ... that does not happen a lot but when it happens it stays for a while.

I will take a break from testing DIN till the end mid of April, as I have some projects to finish.

I still belive DIN is one of the best EAs I have seen, its just a matter of finiding the right setting for the right pair.

Locking in profit

MiniMe:
;

Sound like it, but how I can lock my profit ? let say

I want to lock the first 40 pips then each time the market moves in my fav the stoploss moved from 40 pips to 50 and so ... so setting the take profit to 0 will enable this option ? and what trailing stop would you recomend ?

Thanks

Alan

Try using type 3 trailing stop. It works as follows.

Default StopLoss is 100.

FirstMove = 20; // Type 3 first level pip gain

FirstStopLoss = 50; // Move Stop to 50

In other words when the trade is up 20 pips move the stop loss to 50 pips lower than current price. If the trade reverses before the next level is reached our loss is half of the original stop loss.

SecondMove = 30; // Type 3 second level pip gain

SecondStopLoss = 29; // Move stop to Breakeven + 1

When the trade has moved 30 pips in our favor we lock in 1 pip by setting the stoploss to 29 pips from the current price. You can use a setting of 25 to lock in 5 pips if you want.

ThirdMove = 40; // type 3 third level pip gain

TrailingStop3 = 20; // Move stop to lock in 20 pips and trail from there

When the trade moves 40 pips the stoploss locks in 20 pips and trails from there pip for pip with a 20 pip trailing stop. If the trade moves to 90 pips and reverses the exit will be at 70 pips.

Of course, you can use any settings you want.

I am in the process of writing a combination trailing stop that will begin by trailing pip for pip until the first level is reached, then use the step method of moving the stop. I might also add a few more levels.

Robert

MiniMe:
Thanks a lot gdreporter for sharing your tests, and it shows exactly what I am talking about, once a pair lose a trade it lose like 2 or 3 times in a row, and this is not only for DIN this is for most of the EAs I have tested.

When I trade if I lost a big trade, I take a break from trading sometimes for a week.... maybe this is what we need to do, is to switch the EA for the sometime on a losing pair giving the market sometime to correct its signals ... cause we do all the right steps ...and yet the market reverse on some of the trades ... that does not happen a lot but when it happens it stays for a while.

I will take a break from testing DIN till the end mid of April, as I have some projects to finish.

I still belive DIN is one of the best EAs I have seen, its just a matter of finiding the right setting for the right pair.

Maybe we can add a code which will stop trading once it got lost? so it can avoid the consequentive loses..

just an idea...

The difference between EA 1.8 and 2.4

Here I posted the difference of visual view from EA 1.8 and 2.4

Files:

hello..bro..ancoll please check your PM soon... sorry..to junk post...

ANCOLL:
Maybe we can add a code which will stop trading once it got lost? so it can avoid the consequentive loses.. just an idea...

I wish that is possible once an EA takes a hit (I mean a big loss), it stops for a week or 4 days...

I will have to try test that manually, and see the results ... or even in back tests try to see if you get the first big loss then skip a week and resume the backtest after that week and see the results .... we need to give the market sometime to correct its signals, a week is just an idea maybe one day maybe two ... but I would give it at least 3 days.

MrPip:
Try using type 3 trailing stop. It works as follows.

Default StopLoss is 100.

FirstMove = 20; // Type 3 first level pip gain

FirstStopLoss = 50; // Move Stop to 50

In other words when the trade is up 20 pips move the stop loss to 50 pips lower than current price. If the trade reverses before the next level is reached our loss is half of the original stop loss.

SecondMove = 30; // Type 3 second level pip gain

SecondStopLoss = 29; // Move stop to Breakeven + 1

When the trade has moved 30 pips in our favor we lock in 1 pip by setting the stoploss to 29 pips from the current price. You can use a setting of 25 to lock in 5 pips if you want.

ThirdMove = 40; // type 3 third level pip gain

TrailingStop3 = 20; // Move stop to lock in 20 pips and trail from there

When the trade moves 40 pips the stoploss locks in 20 pips and trails from there pip for pip with a 20 pip trailing stop. If the trade moves to 90 pips and reverses the exit will be at 70 pips.

Of course, you can use any settings you want.

I am in the process of writing a combination trailing stop that will begin by trailing pip for pip until the first level is reached, then use the step method of moving the stop. I might also add a few more levels.

Robert

Thanks Robert,

I will test some of the settings starting mid of April. then I will post the results

This Week

Hi All

First I think that only 50 pips of profit for 100 pips stop loss is wrong, We have to make the inverse, because if the trade goes againest us for more than 40 pips it is very difficult that it return back.

Second I want to ask minime what he think about the carry traders (I think that they was sleeping the past 2 weeks and this week they will be here again), just a sentiment.

This week i will test the v2.4 with trailing stop.

Mr Pip what config do you suggest that i put in test.

Regards

Reason: