Operate Metatrader without broker but from another source?

Hello,

is it somehow possible on an offline computer supply metatrader with current data from another source, so that metatrader thinks it would be associated with a broker? A solution for this would be great!

C4L

----

sorry for spelling errors my english is still in the development phase

Cash4Life:
Hello,

is it somehow possible on an offline computer supply metatrader with current data from another source, so that metatrader thinks it would be associated with a broker? A solution for this would be great!

C4L

----

sorry for spelling errors my english is still in the development phase

You can :
- directly import third party data in the history center using the import functionality provided by metatrader

- use some indicator, script or EA to read third party data and write it to a hst file (that can then be used as any other offline chart)

mladen:
You can :
- directly import third party data in the history center using the import functionality provided by metatrader

- use some indicator, script or EA to read third party data and write it to a hst file (that can then be used as any other offline chart)

Thank you. When I have a file that always current has the current realtime price data, which possibility would be the easiest? And where can I get more information for both possibilities? Where can I find an indicator, script or EA to read third party data and write it to a hst file?

C4L

Cash4Life:
Thank you. When I have a file that always current has the current realtime price data, which possibility would be the easiest? And where can I get more information for both possibilities? Where can I find an indicator, script or EA to read third party data and write it to a hst file? C4L

As of importing (it is a manual import) it cane be done if you go to tools->history center and you will get the following dialog

As of a code that does that : not sure that it has been made yet. I am sure that it can be done. Will snoop around a bit and if I find something will post it here

Files:
import.gif  43 kb

Hi, I still have not a solution for this. I want to run one Metatrader without Connection, with Realtime Data from another Metatrader that has connection. The way of the Realtime-Data should go through a file. I think to write the Realtime Data to a File works simpler than to run a Metatrader without connection in "Realtime"?? How I get the Metatrader run realtime with the extern Data? There are no ready solutions for this? C4L

There are commercial solutions of this? I find no solution :-(

Cash4Life:
There are commercial solutions of this? I find no solution :-(

I did not see any run-time solution for what you want to do

I can just guess that there is low demand and quite a few possible problems that such a data import could cause and that could be a reason that there is no such thing for metatrader made yet

Hello, I am replying as I had some experience with the topic.

Some time ago I tested building offline charts in remote MT4. It worked properly, but it was unfriendly for the user, so I left the idea. The 1st terminal launched master indicator generating the remote file. 2nd terminal had to open the created offline chart and run another indicator on it, which sent the window handle back to the first one. The first one received the message and started to generate the offline chart + refresh on the window of the remote terminal.

The symbol of the hst file must have been artificial, because same symbols might have different properties in two terminals. With the artificial symbol, there were no properties associated in the MT4, so it limited use of many indicators.

Reason: