Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 40

TEAMTRADER:
I have renko of both a 500 and 451 rebuild and they both freeze - occasionally.

It appears to be the offline charts as one other trader I know has the same problem.

TEAMTRADER

Frankly, without being able to look at the code, can not tell is the problem is in the code or in the offline charts. Offline charts have some strange "behavior" (when the number of generated bars reaches the maximum number of bars on chart - as one example) but so far I haven't experienced freezing (freezing is usually caused by and endless loop somewhere in the code and I doubt that the renko you posted has it since it would cause problems much more frequently - or all the times)

So, all in all, you might try build 480 too (build 500 is still too full of bugs) just to make sure that it happens on all builds

Thank you, appreciated.

TEAMTRADER

hi everybody,

anyone can advice me how to have a range (type) 4(value) in real time like in Ninjatrader on mt4 please?

i have to say you im a bit loss when i read or i try some indicators for that...

thank you very much

js497:
hi everybody,

anyone can advice me how to have a range (type) 4(value) in real time like in Ninjatrader on mt4 please?

i have to say you im a bit loss when i read or i try some indicators for that...

thank you very much

js497

Attach the EA (or indicator, depends what version of the range bars code you have) to some of the active charts, and then go to file->open offline and find the specified symbol (usually it is a symbol + 2 minute name for that kind of charts generated offline, but that depends on settings), and in such an offline chart work as with any regular chart

mladen:
js497 Attach the EA (or indicator, depends what version of the range bars code you have) to some of the active charts, and then go to file->open offline and find the specified symbol (usually it is a symbol + 2 minute name for that kind of charts generated offline, but that depends on settings), and in such an offline chart work as with any regular chart

thank you mladen

Is there an indicator specifically for range bars that would sound an alert when a preset amount of pips had been gained?

For example, if the trader were scalping and the range was set to 10, is there something available that would sound an alert at 5 or 6 pips?

Similarly, if the range were set to 50, an alert could be set at 30 or 40.

I've searched but not been able to see one.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Is there an indicator specifically for range bars that would sound an alert when a preset amount of pips had been gained?

For example, if the trader were scalping and the range was set to 10, is there something available that would sound an alert at 5 or 6 pips?

Similarly, if the range were set to 50, an alert could be set at 30 or 40.

I've searched but not been able to see one.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

This should be it. Range is in pips. You can chose if the range should be calculated using high-low or open-close. Try it ou (I do not use range charts so you need to test it on range charts - it should work as far as I see, but who knows )

Files:

Can anyone confirm that each range bar has a unique time stamp with this script? I have another script I am using for range bars that is okay for manual trading but won't work with an EA as there are multiple bars with the same time stamp when price is moving quickly and my strategy is based on bar close.

Can anyone confirm if the range bars created by this indicator have unique time stamps?

Hi range bars traders,

this is the EA i use to plot range bars charts on my mt4. As is, it allows to load a range bars chart of 2 pip, 3 pip, 4 pip etc...

i'm wondering if is it possible to change this range bars EA in order to get a chart of 2,5 pip, 3,5, 4,5 etc...with a decimal digit...is it hard to make this customization?

range_bars_ea.mq4

Files:
Reason: