Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 44

I started using it and I like it now

I too used long time only Renko. But now I look at Range Bar..and it is pleasant to me as it looks. If Mladen makes the indicator, it will be excellent.

what would be the advantages of turning it into an indicator rather than an EA Mladen?

thefxpros:
what would be the advantages of turning it into an indicator rather than an EA Mladen?

thefxpros

1. We could have multiple instances at the same chart (for example to keep different settings - there could be multiple offline charts with different settings generated from one single origin chart)

2. The chart would be free for actual EA

3. It would work on ticks (and not on timer as that version is working now) which means that there would be no pause at all in updating the range bar chart (not even that 1/10th of a second that it has now - but that could be changed in the ea to without making it an indicator)

I think that first 2 points are the most important

Hello Mladen.I want to ask and remind. When you will have the free time on the indicator, please make it. I think it will be the useful.

Best regards,

Air92:
Hello Mladen.I want to ask and remind. When you will have the free time on the indicator, please make it. I think it will be the useful. Best regards,

It will be done when the moronic metaquotes decides not to make things that worked in previous builds not work any more, Developing for things like this ... metatrader is ridiculous

mladen:
It will be done when the moronic metaquotes decides not to make things that worked in previous builds not work any more, Developing for things like this ... metatrader is ridiculous

I would personally welcome this new range indicator.

I too have used, and continue to use, RenkoRange as most indicators work more efiiciently with range/renkorange.

The lack of upper timeframe availability is never a problem with offline charts as indicators can be set to adapt to the new settings whether they be a small range, medium or larger range. A bit like 5m, 30m and 4hr charts.

As always, if an EA is made and is successful, the broker will necessarily look to find a way to protect itself.

Good luck.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
I would personally welcome this new range indicator.

I too have used, and continue to use, RenkoRange as most indicators work more efiiciently with range/renkorange.

The lack of upper timeframe availability is never a problem with offline charts as indicators can be set to adapt to the new settings whether they be a small range, medium or larger range. A bit like 5m, 30m and 4hr charts.

As always, if an EA is made and is successful, the broker will necessarily look to find a way to protect itself.

Good luck.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Found another solution. The indicator version will be made (soon I hope)

Just for information Mladen. It would be possible to modify the current EA and so that, for example, attaching it to 1 minute chart of usdjpy, the EA creates range bars of jpyusd?

thefxpros:
Just for information Mladen. It would be possible to modify the current EA and so that, for example, attaching it to 1 minute chart of usdjpy, the EA creates range bars of jpyusd?

thefxpros

I guess it could be done (with a lot of rewrite) but it would not be practical. Ticks are not coming in at same time for different symbols and it would make the offline chart lag a lot in some cases

Reason: