Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 46

I will wait for your range indicator.

The one I am testing is attached - and depending of the settings and charts selected, has little or no history.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Hi mladen,

Seems this EA is not working for me it prints 5 bars only in the offline chart, have I missed some settings? what i did is load script on online m1 eurusd chart, the settings below

range bar = 15

TF = 2

maxbars = 8000

the rest true

mt4 build is 670. Kindly enlighten. tnx

mladen:
funayot Try out this one : range_bars_ea_new_format_1.mq4

fxmillionaire:
Hi mladen,

Seems this EA is not working for me it prints 5 bars only in the offline chart, have I missed some settings? what i did is load script on online m1 eurusd chart, the settings below

range bar = 15

TF = 2

maxbars = 8000

the rest true

mt4 build is 670. Kindly enlighten. tnx

fxmillionaire

In the tools->options->charts set the max bars on chart to some bigger number (50.000 fore example) and set the maxbars parameter to that 50.000 too

Also, make sure that there s enough data in the 1 minute chart (I am assuming that you are using 1 minute chart as a source for range bars)

Files:
range_bars.gif  66 kb

Ok tnx done what you instructed mladen, I even set 5M for max bars on chart. I drag also the M1 chart backward and it stops on june 13 I don't know why. I attached the rangebar indicator and it still it display less though it increase a bit now it display 41 range bars on offline chart. does this EA can only be set on M1? I encounter same problem with this with renko but once I increase the TF it will display more bars on offline chart. Thanks for the help by the way. Cheers!

mladen:
fxmillionaire

In the tools->options->charts set the max bars on chart to some bigger number (50.000 fore example) and set the maxbars parameter to that 50.000 too

Also, make sure that there s enough data in the 1 minute chart (I am assuming that you are using 1 minute chart as a source for range bars)

fxmillionaire:
Ok tnx done what you instructed mladen, I even set 5M for max bars on chart. I drag also the M1 chart backward and it stops on june 13 I don't know why. I attached the rangebar indicator and it still it display less though it increase a bit now it display 41 range bars on offline chart. does this EA can only be set on M1? I encounter same problem with this with renko but once I increase the TF it will display more bars on offline chart. Thanks for the help by the way. Cheers!

Try the following : go to tools->history center, chose 1 minute data for the symbol you wish range bars generated for and download data for it. after that see what is going to happen to range bars when you apply it to 1 minute data (you will probably need to restart terminal after that)

Hello, I am looking for an indicator that draws the high and the low of the last range bar of the day, as in the picture below . I want to backtest a strategy and it’s hard to draw the rectangles manually for 200-300 days in the past. Can you help me with an indicator? Many thanks

Files:

Why don't you take the open of the day and add/subtract the range you are using?

techmac:
Why don't you take the open of the day and add/subtract the range you are using?

He is probably trying to use breakout strategy on range bar charts

It can be achieved with a daily open line too with no problem

nbtrading:
He is probably trying to use breakout strategy on range bar charts It can be achieved with a daily open line too with no problem

Yep I guessed so

But range bars are not time bound and I doubt that it would achieve the desired result

Hi,

i'm trying to find a working range bars indicator nogap. I can't find it, no EA or script. Anybody can help?

Reason: