Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 250

redwed:
Im beware of that. Thats why i put all the tf to 0s and change the level & length for each of them. 

If we make the cci 'longer' and change the levels accordingly, we can achieve what we wanted from this indicator (without using mtf). 

Actually you can not

1 hour cci - period 14:

15 minute cci - period 56 :

Different values, different signals ...

As I told a lot of times : multiplying the period might work sometimes but it is just a rough approximation (just as a comparison : see the current values)

mladen:

Actually you can not

1 hour cci - period 14:

15 minute cci - period 56 :

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
Different values, different signals ...

As I told a lot of times : multiplying the period might work sometimes but it is just a rough approximation (just as a comparison : see the current values)

First, i would like to wish all of forex-tsd community merry Christmas.

Enjoy a great holiday!

Regarding your statement mr mladen, YES, it will not be the same. Maybe i'm not good at explaining things.

But if we make 2 CCI with different settings (but within the same timeframe), one of them will become more insensitive. The same goes to any oscillator indicator bound.

Following is my charts to show you what i truly mean.

eurjpy cci

The settings for i-3cci-h are: 4,55;0,14,0;0,14,0. Both cci accompanying them is the same value as i-3cci-h. One more thing is, i-3cci-h lacks of 'price settings'. it only uses Close price which is not truly optimal for me.

The rule can be very simple.

Whenever there's a buy signal on i-3cci-h, put buy stop at the high of the bar. (this idea was brought in by Welles Wilder and it is called extreme point rule) Wait for the uptrend continues. Whenever the buy signal 'dissappear', look at 'longer' CCI that is CCI 14. If the CCI 14 still up, we may continue our ride or lock in some profit.

The opposite goes to SELL order.

One more thing, one should experiment with 'shorter' CCI levels to suit themselves best. I myself found that 55 is very good filter to keep away from ranging market (or slow-moving momentum).

If one is very particular of having some volatility, put some volatility indicator for some filter.

eurjpy volty channel plus ema variation

So my request would be:

can you add usual alerts & price option to this indicator?

That's all. Happy holiday!

Someone can tell me, if this indicator, once closed the candle repinta? Thank you
Files:

inver61:
Someone can tell me, if this indicator, once closed the candle repinta? Thank you
If you use Ctrl+R, it will bring up the Strategy Tester.  Choose Indicator in the DropDown on the left, select the indicator you want to assess, select a Currency, Timeframe, a date range (from / to) and check the Visual Mode box.  You can then observe the indicators' behaviour at any speed you care to choose (adjust the speed slider control to suit). You will easily see if Arrows appear/disappear and any lines being re-drawn etc.

I say this because you have attached the ex4 and not the mq4 source code.  It will not be possible to read the source code to determine repainter or not.  Others can only do the above to assess and answer your question.  It's quite a simple task and thought to explain this.

Newton51-2:
If you use Ctrl+R, it will bring up the Strategy Tester.  Choose Indicator in the DropDown on the left, select the indicator you want to assess, select a Currency, Timeframe, a date range (from / to) and check the Visual Mode box.  You can then observe the indicators' behaviour at any speed you care to choose (adjust the speed slider control to suit). You will easily see if Arrows appear/disappear and any lines being re-drawn etc.

I say this because you have attached the ex4 and not the mq4 source code.  It will not be possible to read the source code to determine repainter or not.  Others can only do the above to assess and answer your question.  It's quite a simple task and thought to explain this.

Newton51

From name,it is telling,renamed and repainter.

mntiwana:

Newton51

From name,it is telling,renamed and repainter.

Yeah. Whatever indicator/expert advisor that have "profit" in it surely a repainter... 

AngelGirl:
I have posted this but because of no reply again posting, Do any one have good indicator combination to find right trend of market.. Thanks.
They are still searching.

AngelGirl:
I have posted this but because of no reply again posting, Do any one have good indicator combination to find right trend of market.. Thanks.
I do understand your question and why are you posting it. But the question is posted not just on a wrong thread but on a wrong forum too

This forum is a forum that is dedicated to TA in general and to TA ideas, code and various systems exchange among various forex traders. It is not a forum that is dedicated to "my trading system 101" sales and because of that it will never be used in that way. I did tell on a number of occasions that there is no such thing as best indicator(s) and that there are no shortcuts in making individual trading system that works for one specific person. I haven't changed my opinion. Please take your time, do your do diligence and don't be "offended" when your question is not addressed. Trading takes time, and no single system will help you if you too do not take time and learn what trading is all about

all the best

read the post here.

It could be anything you like.

Another beautiful post is here:

There is no 'the Best'. It depends on your own skills, style, visual preferences, what you want and what you need. It's like a big candyshop here, try things out and discover your flavors. Mix it up with crazy stuff and create new styles. BUT never forget the origins. Go back to the roots from time to time and you'll see more and better possibilities. Mladen and Mntiwana can only guide you. 'Recognize yourself' (Apollo) and you'll break the meta.

read the post here

If you believe in paying for absolute quality, here is quite a few indicators for sale in mql5 markets (concerning trend detection). Just keep in mind, these indicators only read past data. It will not predict future. PERIOD!

Trend laser

PowerTrender

Ozymandias

an interesting article.

Oh, a post of mine :)  People who want to find trends are searching at the wrong place IMO. Where do trends start and end? At tops and bottoms, which often appears as consolidation or range markets. Actually, intraday one can earn more and easier pips in range markets than in trends. Trends are only the way to a new consolidation. When you can range markets, you also can swing trading and so you will have mastered trends one day. It is very difficult to make trading for a living only with indicators. Pros use PA as fundament and maybe indicators as confirmation, but this to learn needs time. One can do with indicators only, but this is IMO a even much harder way to learn - many many hours of trial and error and you must know the behavior and interplay of your indis very well. If you want to go this way, combine fast and slow indis till you have an orchestra that can say where the market most likely will move the next time. At the end, maybe you'll also have something to look for turning points of the market.

krelian99:
Oh, a post of mine :)  People who want to find trends are searching at the wrong place IMO. Where do trends start and end? At tops and bottoms, which often appears as consolidation or range markets. Actually, intraday one can earn more and easier pips in range markets than in trends. Trends are only the way to a new consolidation. When you can range markets, you also can swing trading and so you will have mastered trends one day. It is very difficult to make trading for a living only with indicators. Pros use PA as fundament and maybe indicators as confirmation, but this to learn needs time. One can do with indicators only, but this is IMO a even much harder way to learn - many many hours of trial and error and you must know the behavior and interplay of your indis very well. If you want to go this way, combine fast and slow indis till you have an orchestra that can say where the market most likely will move the next time. At the end, maybe you'll also have something to look for turning points of the market.

Krelian

I look it in different ways.

for any style trading,or to find and detect trend,you needs to have some thing like measuring,comparing and analyzing so then we take advantage of tools/indicators and the best tools available here in TSD.

then as per my poor knowledge,there is no ranging,choppy or consolidation market situation,market is always in move in big/small swings,the one is ranging for me ,can be trending for next one,try to understand in deep,in any and every TF along with any and every pair or instrument,market is always in swings,you can name these as extra long swing,long swing,short/medium swing,mini swing,micro swing then last nano micro swing ....... now it depend on you according to your strategy and requirements,to what you say and consider trend and or ranging,if i am in needs of few pips in M1,then market movement of 10 to 15 pips is trending for me but at the same time it can be ranging for you because you are in search for 20 and above pips, you needs a bit big swing of 30 to 40 pips range.almost same situation in all and every TF and instrument for every trader but differently,all depends on you and your experience.

in given picture you can see,it is trending for one and ranging for other,but you can use it as you want .... A few pips trender can take advantages of green/pale coloring and A bit bigger trender can take advantage of white/magenta coloring.

Reason: