Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 253

all 3

EURLFX up, LFXJPY up, so EURJPY is up. CCI is in ob area both EURLFX and LFXJPY.

Easy 31 pips can be made there.

We don't even filter them yet using mtf approach.

Better yet, if you scan all other currency indexes - there is 63 pippers on other pairs. Look below:

euraud cci

EURLFX up, AUDLFX down, EURAUD higher.

If we compare to LFXJPY, you'll see that actually LFXJPY doesn't go up as good as AUDLFX going newer low.

regards: naim

cougar68:

mladen, can you make the attached indicator behave like "for EA" past indicators? (User defined number =1 will signal on slope up.)

You already have that (buffer 2)

mladen:
You already have that (buffer 2)
Thanks!

redwed:

I don't really know what&how to jurik. I used default settings.

Thanks for the clarification & suggestions on RSI/X. I'm not truly a fan of those 2, but surely i'll check it out later. 

CCI + multiple crosses can be more than enough.

I have one question: Do you see all currencies before trading any pairs? For example, do you trade GBP/JPY if GBP and JPY appreciating against each other? Share me your thoughts on this.

You can smooth the CCI more when you increase the Jurik smoothing period. The phase is normally 0 or 100. Play with it, Jurik is quiet powerful.

Personally, I only trade GBPAUD and compare it only with GBPNZD, due to high volatility, easy predictability and the two have very high correlation. I wrote something about that in the Best alternative solution thread (pp. 24) and the Correlation revisited thread (p. 8). You don't need to look at all other GBP pairs, look for 2 pairs with all-time-high-correlation or maybe the Futures of GBP and JPY.

krelian99:

You can smooth the CCI more when you increase the Jurik smoothing period. The phase is normally 0 or 100. Play with it, Jurik is quiet powerful.

Personally, I only trade GBPAUD and compare it only with GBPNZD, due to high volatility, easy predictability and the two have very high correlation. I wrote something about that in the Best alternative solution thread (pp. 24) and the Correlation revisited thread (p. 8). You don't need to look at all other GBP pairs, look for 2 pairs with all-time-high-correlation or maybe the Futures of GBP and JPY.

Thank you for the links.

I like correlation/ties between currencies.

That's why i hope to see your views on this matter. 

Hi mladen, is your MT5 version of this indicator also available for MT4? https://www.mql5.com/en/code/16990

Thank you,

madopter 

madopter:

Hi mladen, is your MT5 version of this indicator also available for MT4? https://www.mql5.com/en/code/16990

Thank you,

madopter 

Did you check here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183005/page2 ?

mladen:
Did you check here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183005/page2 ?
Hi mladen, as you stated, the widespread version of iTrend created (I believe it was by igorad) doesn't have the adjustable level which is used for trend change and trend continuation. It seems your version also has some other upgrades such as the 22 price types.

I was wondering if your MT5 version is available for MT4?

madopter 

Hi all,

I've learned a tonne from this forum, but this is is my first post. I've been working on trying to figure out this problem all day today with no success. Please help!

I found this fantastic indicator (attached), but have had zero luck writing the iCustom code to plug it into an EA. 

I tried calling the different buffers as below:

double upB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 0, 0);

double loB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 1, 0);

double upB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 2, 0);

double loB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 3, 0);

double mm = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 4, 0);

double cciline = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 5, 0);

double cciline1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 5, 1); 

Then I'd add something if statements to say:

if (cciline > 0 && cciline1 < 0) uptrend = true; 

if (upB = red) golong = true;

if (loB = red) goshort = true; (i'm just riffing on these last three lines of code--but you get what I mean.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on why my iCustom settings aren't working?

Thanks! 

Files:

Halden:

Hi all,

I've learned a tonne from this forum, but this is is my first post. I've been working on trying to figure out this problem all day today with no success. Please help!

I found this fantastic indicator (attached), but have had zero luck writing the iCustom code to plug it into an EA. 

I tried calling the different buffers as below:

double upB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 0, 0);

double loB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 1, 0);

double upB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 2, 0);

double loB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 3, 0);

double mm = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 4, 0);

double cciline = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 5, 0);

double cciline1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 5, 1); 

Then I'd add something if statements to say:

if (cciline > 0 && cciline1 < 0) uptrend = true; 

if (upB = red) golong = true;

if (loB = red) goshort = true; (i'm just riffing on these last three lines of code--but you get what I mean.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on why my iCustom settings aren't working?

Thanks! 

I write mine: double VAR = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"Wilder's DMI 3_3",...........
Reason: