Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 257

mladen:
That is not mt5 indicator at all

dear mladen,

when I move the vertical bar, I want the bar number to be displayed.  but this is what I get on the screen..  for the bars calculation we need start time and endtime in line 150.. don't know how to give the input.. could u please correct it. 

Files:
barsM1.png  46 kb

rashme:

dear mladen,

when I move the vertical bar, I want the bar number to be displayed.  but this is what I get on the screen..  for the bars calculation we need start time and endtime in line 150.. don't know how to give the input.. could u please correct it. 

Would you please mind explaining how anybody would use that indicator for trading (any kind of trading)?

mladen:

It is "nmc" already (new metatrader 4 compatible).

Save it as "Chaos Visual averages 1.4.ex4" and it works with no problem at all

dear sir

is there any version Chaos Visual averages that can run on chart ?

mladen:
Would you please mind explaining how anybody would use that indicator for trading (any kind of trading)?

dear mladen,

the output of this indicator can be used as the lookback period for any indicator when embedded in those indicators...in that case it is just enough for us to move the vertical line to provide the input which is easy, instead of opening and typing in the input box each time... sometimes I check for multiple inputs.. so it serves my purpose nicely and I like it that way.. I customised some indicators that way in mq4.. so now I like to do it for some mq5 indicators.  i'm not a coder..just fiddling with codes.. with the hope that u r there if something goes wrong.. :D

dimitri1:

Dear Mladen,

I would like to ask you for an ... "Upgrade" of a creation of you ... see attached indicator ...

The request is : 1. To limit calculations by user select able definition of "Date & Time" ... (Start From -End to). 2. To Filter results, by showing only Highest and Lowest Cross UP levels and Highest and Lowest Cross Down levels, within that Period of Time ...

In the attached picture i have signalized accordingly for date 5 December 2016 in EurUsd 1 Minute chart ....

Thank you for your support and help ....

Best Regards

Dimitri

Dearest Mladen,

I would very much like and appreciate your reply for any possibility to include into your future project the realization of above.

Thank you any way.

Best Regards

Dimitri

Files:
Dimi SR.mq4  9 kb

dimitri1:

Dearest Mladen,

I would very much like and appreciate your reply for any possibility to include into your future project the realization of above.

Thank you any way.

Best Regards

Dimitri

Dimitri

1. limiting the number of bars would completely change the results in some cases, and since the indicator does not use too much resources, no need to limit it (as far as CPU usage is concerned)

2. showing only highest and lowest crosses leads directly to repainting

mladen:

Dimitri

1. limiting the number of bars would completely change the results in some cases, and since the indicator does not use too much resources, no need to limit it (as far as CPU usage is concerned)

2. showing only highest and lowest crosses leads directly to repainting

Dearest Mladen

Thank you for your detailed reply. By applying "described logic", i believe that we are going to have a very "interesting channel" which can have multi purpose use ... (Channel Breakout, Channel bounce in, Support & Resistance, Side way (Chop) avoid signals, etc etc ... )

You are really a Master ... and 100 % correct regarding the "repainting part", but if you "block-limit" those lines with the Day/Timing (Start & End) parameters ... there is no repainting problem ... and if you want you keep one color for initial main lines (within the Day/Time limitations) and change for any new ...

Hope to have convinced you for the use of this creation ....

Really thank you for your time and approach ...

Waiting for your comments ... or ... surprise ...

Best Regards

Dimitri

rashme:

dear mladen,

the attached piece of code displays a vertical line. i'm not able to move the line. when I select and move it , it goes back to the initialised position. would u please rectify it.. 

Try it out now

Files:

mladen:

Try it out now

thank u soooooooo much mladen..... u  r great as always...

mladen:

Try it out now

it's working fine now ..would u please tell me the correction u did... I couldn't figure it out ..very curious to know...please

Reason: