Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 252

Hi guys! Could you recommend or share a non-repainting color mtf MACD which you usually use? I use this one but I'm not sure about its non-repainting... Thank you in advance.

DIM1NE:

Hi guys! Could you recommend or share a non-repainting color mtf MACD which you usually use? I use this one but I'm not sure about its non-repainting... Thank you in advance.

Not the same?

mntiwana:

Not the same?

No. That was an older version.

sir mladen.

Please suggest me one cci indicator that can 'smooth' out the data a little bit more.

smoother cci

The black circles is where i found the signal can be deceiving. Can you suggest me a cci filter that are 'smooth' enough to avoid those particular situation? Tried using the search function, but with no

redwed:

sir mladen.

Please suggest me one cci indicator that can 'smooth' out the data a little bit more.

The black circles is where i found the signal can be deceiving. Can you suggest me a cci filter that are 'smooth' enough to avoid those particular situation? Tried using the search function, but with no

What is the grey line on chart?

Maybe that on: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175037/page923

krelian99:

What is the grey line on chart?

Maybe that on: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175037/page923

the grey line is kaufman ama.

the cci you've shown me was not truly what i need. Let me show you a couple of charts to state what i truly mean.

it lags behind a lot

Vertical line no1: normal cci is pointing down and come to the 'no trade zone', but cci on jurik was telling me that it is overbought. the 2nd circle was the peak, but cci jurik behaves so strange, it became the opposite. Third circle are the same one as circle 1.

Overall not what i wanted on the smoothed cci.

For the time being, i maybe want to stick to mtf cci until i found something suitable.

Here's one of my favorites:

3tf cci

Don't wait for closed candle on H1, we can trade m15 signals if it lines up with other higher tfs.

Of course there will be some turbulence while range kicks out, but i guess we need to be prepared for that right?

What really troubled me the most is when those nasty spikes come in playing at 'my area'...

those nasty spikes

redwed:

the grey line is kaufman ama.

the cci you've shown me was not truly what i need. Let me show you a couple of charts to state what i truly mean.

Vertical line no1: normal cci is pointing down and come to the 'no trade zone', but cci on jurik was telling me that it is overbought. the 2nd circle was the peak, but cci jurik behaves so strange, it became the opposite. Third circle are the same one as circle 1.

Overall not what i wanted on the smoothed cci.

For the time being, i maybe want to stick to mtf cci until i found something suitable.

Here's one of my favorites:

Don't wait for closed candle on H1, we can trade m15 signals if it lines up with other higher tfs.

Of course there will be some turbulence while range kicks out, but i guess we need to be prepared for that right?

What have you done? Jurik smoothing 50? You don't want it too smooth, 6 to 12 is enough. When you smooth it more, it will be no momentum indicator anymore, then the jurik influence makes it more trendy. That can be good as well, but you have to play with the settings and look what combo has better synergy with your K-Ama or whatever.

BTW, this strategy you copy is from the old days and can maybe applied to H4 and higher today. Too many false signals on lower tfs. IMO RSI/X is a much better indi than CCI on lower tfs.

krelian99:

What have you done? Jurik smoothing 50? You don't want it too smooth, 6 to 12 is enough. When you smooth it more, it will be no momentum indicator anymore, then the jurik influence makes it more trendy. That can be good as well, but you have to play with the settings and look what combo has better synergy with your K-Ama or whatever.

BTW, this strategy you copy is from the old days and can maybe applied to H4 and higher today. Too many false signals on lower tfs. IMO RSI/X is a much better indi than CCI on lower tfs.

I don't really know what&how to jurik. I used default settings.

Thanks for the clarification & suggestions on RSI/X. I'm not truly a fan of those 2, but surely i'll check it out later. 

CCI + multiple crosses can be more than enough.

I have one question: Do you see all currencies before trading any pairs? For example, do you trade GBP/JPY if GBP and JPY appreciating against each other? Share me your thoughts on this.

mladen, can you make the attached indicator behave like "for EA" past indicators? (User defined number =1 will signal on slope up.)

Files:
SLOP ATR.mq4  3 kb
Reason: