Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 163

krelian99:
You know that I like volume ticks very much. That and S/R and value chart. I would like to play with 'real volume' and maybe a Cycle Trend RSX vhf distro with all 36 averages as well. As simple as it is and clean :)
Since ticks are rising with sessions (London+NY sessions), there is a logic in it, but I would like to see real volumes instead of ticks to see what would happen. Oh well ... :)

KumoBreake:

dear developers , is it possible to make an indicator with this features :

1) showing the price movement for individual market session (like london , newyork),..

2) option for filling the gaps (just ones that happen in  market openings)

3) option for showing two market session at the same time

it would be nice if it considers daylight saving . maybe showing the data as a smoothed average would be easier.

following the idea , looks like this function can help : https://docs.mql4.com/series/copytime

for example i copied the last 4  data of eurusd m15 london session and attached them together .

so the output of indicator in offline chart would probably be this

this would do the job :

1)ask user to choose the period between time ab:cd to ef:gh of broker

2)copy data of this intra-day periods for last n(10 is long enough)

3)attach them togheter withouth any gap in "time" (gap in price is inevitable)

4)show it as new chart in offline section

p.s: first week of daylight saving time could be problematic but that's fine

KumoBreake:

following the idea , looks like this function can help : https://docs.mql4.com/series/copytime

for example i copied the last 4  data of eurusd m15 london session and attached them together .

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
so the output of indicator in offline chart would probably be this

this would do the job :

1)ask user to choose the period between time ab:cd to ef:gh of broker

2)copy data of this intra-day periods for last n(10 is long enough)

3)attach them togheter withouth any gap in "time" (gap in price is inevitable)

4)show it as new chart in offline section

p.s: first week of daylight saving time could be problematic but that's fine

What would happen to the gaps (since the calculation of many of the indicators would change very, very much, to the degree that they would become unusable)?

mladen:
What would happen to the gaps (since the calculation of many of the indicators would change very, very much, to the degree that they would become unusable)?

I assume it is a result of playing with tick charts. If yes, it is a typical 'two idiots with the same thought' ;)

When you have pairs where markets overlapps much (EURGBP, USDCAD, GBPUSD aso) the whole night movement was either neglectible (the 'gap' was very small) or the movement was still in the same direction. I have recorded somewaht around Frankfurt Open till NY Close some days in a row. The indi on chart is an EMA14 with dsmooth and average filter = 2. The first red vertical line is just a little bicycle tour.

mladen:

do u mean price gaps ? there's price gap at opening of sunday for most currency pairs ! it happens in commodity & index markets every single day .i dont see anything wrong with price gaps , but if you're referring to time gaps then it's a matter of coding.

KumoBreake:

do u mean price gaps ? there's price gap at opening of sunday for most currency pairs ! it happens in commodity & index markets every single day .i dont see anything wrong with price gaps , but if you're referring to time gaps then it's a matter of coding.

Wouldn`t it be better to display the gap as candle like the tick offline chart does. Maybe it is better for indicators to handle.

krelian99:
Wouldn`t it be better to display the gap as candle like the tick offline chart does. Maybe it is better for indicators to handle.
i was thinking to use this kinda charting to get better grasp of sessions & do a PA analysis on them , maybe one average !! but showing gap as a candle works too , in my experience gap between same sessions are not big at all when the instrument volume mostly is coming from that market session (like london and newyork for usdcad,eurgbp ).

KumoBreake:
i was thinking to use this kinda charting to get better grasp of sessions & do a PA analysis on them , maybe one average !! but showing gap as a candle works too , in my experience gap between same sessions are not big at all when the instrument volume mostly is coming from that market session (like london and newyork for usdcad,eurgbp ).
I'm absolutely d'accord. Now we need someone who can craft us such a nifty chart with start time and end time. mladen or mrTools?

KumoBreake:
But that will ignore the flat periods and will omit volume changes, wouldn't it?

dear mladen,

cud u pls make this indicator to take 5 different lengths as simultaneous input , with the result being the average of all the output of the different lengths.. 

Files:
Reason: