Martingale EA - page 93

ElectricSavant:
Well I was just thinking that they could be forming a grid to tight on one side with the Last_Entry_Filter set to true...I was thinking that there might be a way to not allow that...

I must think about the logic of this...but if you had the gap set at 5 for example and the kayvan called for an entry closer than that it would wait for the next trigger ....the progression would be on hold....until that fill opportunity occured within the kayvan candle with a gap of at least 5 PIPS or whatever the user set it at...as it could not reverse until then...

ES

I see where you're going with this. In you're example, if gap is set to 5 it won't open trade until price is beyond gap right? If the price moves to a gap of 6 within the same bar, the price will then open?

oh yes...the kayvan method would always determine the entry...its just that if it were closer than the gap value it would not happen...that is the easiest version to code too!...not that it is easy...I do not mean that...its just that other versions could be harder...

ES

wolfe:
I see where you're going with this. In you're example, if gap is set to 5 it won't open trade until price is beyond gap right? If the price moves to a gap of 6 within the same bar, the price will then open?

sivach:
wolfe, as I pointed out before, the progression seems to be messed up after a disconnection and restart, please try to resolve this issue.

Is it lot size messing up, the trade placement, or BOTH???

wolfe:
How did you set it up? I need to know ALL the parameters you set, before I can tell what happened to you.

I set up the system as below :

- Kayvan metode true

-long-short balance false

-Double lots size false

- Own progression false

- Close all max false

- Pyramide true

- MA entry false

- Close by percent false

- Next trade 20

- last entry filter false

- Trailing stop true

- the other ones is default.

thanks

yoha

Also, please see the next - caught in the middle of a disconnection. (cable trades - doubling up). I will report if this happens again. This is not a big issue, but it may delay the cycle to end and lead to maxtrades.

Files:
cable_1.gif  97 kb

Hey you know what might be happening with sivach...wolfe..it may be you forgot a magic number tag thingy somewhere..I am not a coder and have no idea what I just said...

ES

Hi wolfe, see the cable trades with a normal progression, after a disconnection, see the 5th trade. I will try to post another example as well.

Also, please read my edited previous post - MAXIMUM GAP.

Files:
cable.gif  83 kb

Definitely, I saw lot size and trade placement, both messing up, because, the trade was also not executed despite enough movement once (after a reboot and well enough time afterwards).

wolfe:
Is it lot size messing up, the trade placement, or BOTH???

sivach:
Definitely, I saw lot size and trade placement, both messing up, because, the trade was also not executed despite enough movement once (after a reboot and well enough time afterwards).

OK sivach,

I will look into this. However one thing that can be confusing is looking at the account history tab, these are closed trades. Can you show me a screen shot when this happens with the live trades, under the "Trades" tab?

Does anyone else have these problems?

ElectricSavant:
Hey you know what might be happening with sivach...wolfe..it may be you forgot a magic number tag thingy somewhere..I am not a coder and have no idea what I just said... ES

...but at least you're thinking about it! Thanks ES.

The one thing that is perplexing me about this is, I haven't changed anything in the code that deals with keeping track of orders or lot sizes since v1_3 or v1_4. It's surprising it is now popping up as a problem.

Reason: