SYNERGY Trading Method - page 5

Swingman, yes this is a very good basic system that is surprising many more don't follow.

I spoke to the creator about 2 years ago or so and he told me there was a very long profitable testing period with the original parameters.

The 15m seems to be a great TF for this but the hour is good for those who want "less action"

I would advise 2 things:

1) Set the TDI parameters back to where they were (I think you'll find this in the beginning of thread);

2)Open up the TDI, under "Common" tab, lock down your "Fixed Minimum" to 15 and "Fixed Max" to 85 so your TDI doesn't jump around during the price movements.

Cheers and good luck,

PT

@PipTrip

OK.

It coud be that the Exits arent all OK, I must farther test, and then try to write the EA.

could you explain

Swingman

could you explain the dot and * on your signal indicator

SwingMan:
Update of the "Synergy Signals [v2]" indicator, with Entry and Exit Signals.

- Indicator documentation

- Templates with and without HeikinAshi Candles

Maybe can I fixe the min/max Values in a new TDI.

No problem. Oh, my mistake on the TDI. (It's been awhile )

It seems the RSI line looked better set to 3 instead of the original system set 4. I think you have it set to 2 which could be ok on the longer 1hr.

Also, I set up your template and something strange happened. The TDI seemed to reverse. In other words, longs showed the TDI going short and vice versa. I removed the TDI and synergy ind. you created and replaced with original indicator and everything is fine.

Strange - are you seeing this?

@toddanderson

Very simple: the dots are Entrys, the x are Exits.

In the DataWindow, or with the mouse over the wingdings you become the names and values.

Pip Trip:

Also, I set up your template and something strange happened. The TDI seemed to reverse. In other words, longs showed the TDI going short and vice versa. I removed the TDI and synergy ind. you created and replaced with original indicator and everything is fine.

Strange - are you seeing this?

- Really no. Post a chart, then can I see.

SwingMan:
- Really no. Post a chart, then can I see.

I already deleted those indicators just in case something bad happened. It may have been when I was recompiling after changing a parameter.

Very weird! Nevertheless, I wish you good luck. I think I was using this in conjunction with some parts of the ValeoFx/XO method.

You should look up his system especially the XO indicator. Great entry system and Valeo's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet on any forum. I stopped trading for awhile due to a chronic illness I came down with about 9 months ago which makes me moody and a bit hyper which are NOT good trading qualities!

Would be nice if someone can program an EA.

@cochran

Please explain me:

- The attached indicators send alerts on crosses of the CloseLine with the SMMA 5 of the PRICE_WEIGHTED.

- They are not HeikinAshi Candles, nor a channel.

Surely is not a problem to integrate alerts in the Synergy indicator.

Reason: